• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT5| Our Golden Anniversary Brings Us Hope

Wazzy

Banned
Finally got my Glauca to 6* and level 70+. I'm out of cactuars so I don't think I'll be getting him to 100 but hopefully he is a little more helpful for the event lol

I'm also close to having a second dual wield and need to decide what should be my next priority TM. There's so many TM's I need to finish like Ramza's, Snow's, Luneths, Gafgarion, Shine and all the new banner units TM's for their swords.

vato_loco

That Fina kissing Fina CG is... confusing.

Also hot.

I'm having one hell of a time trying to defeat the
Veritas
in Pxxxx. Strong as arse, I keep winning by the skin of my teeth.

So what am I supposed to aim to get from this event? All tickets, both mogs I guess, and what else? Is that helmet any good?

Celegus

That Fina kissing Fina CG is... confusing.

Also hot.

I'm having one hell of a time trying to defeat the
Veritas
in Pxxxx. Strong as arse, I keep winning by the skin of my teeth.

So what am I supposed to aim to get from this event? All tickets, both mogs I guess, and what else? Is that helmet any good?

Big moogle is debatable (I'm skipping it), small moogles are a terrible value. Really just depends if you TM macro or not. First priority should always be tickets and equipment. That gun is meh, but the hood is very very good.

vato_loco

Big moogle is debatable (I'm skipping it), small moogles are a terrible value. Really just depends if you TM macro or not. First priority should always be tickets and equipment. That gun is meh, but the hood is very very good.
Oh, I figured that whatever it cost, the moogles were always a must. I'm not TM'ing yet, I'm in what I think is the last or previous-to-last island and I want to finish Season 1 and get that sweet, sweet 100% moogle before TM'ing. I do have the scripts and tested them so I'm good to go as soon as I'm done with S1.

I'm definitely getting the hood, then! And the tickets, and if time is good, I'll aim for the moogles. Thanks!

Broseybrose

Oh, I figured that whatever it cost, the moogles were always a must. I'm not TM'ing yet, I'm in what I think is the last or previous-to-last island and I want to finish Season 1 and get that sweet, sweet 100% moogle before TM'ing. I do have the scripts and tested them so I'm good to go as soon as I'm done with S1.

I'm definitely getting the hood, then! And the tickets, and if time is good, I'll aim for the moogles. Thanks!

I always get Star Quartz and Sacred Crystals too, if theyre available.

Has anyone else got the reward for completing the vault
quests after you turn in the last key?

I just got it. Raven's Cape is so amazing! 100% Camoflague and 100% Rare Item Drop!!!

Lyrian

🙌 Mogking tickets.
lp0HZ5z.jpg

Congrats!

What Lyrian thinks of this picture tho, on a scale of Garnet to Seven.

ROFL! Welp...

/equips eye monocle and critically examines the picture
/in mock "rich elitist voice"

Well... upon critical examination, Ayaka's face betrays the pose. Not suggestive at all, I'm afraid. Going to have to disqualify her from evaluation, sadly.

Hrmm... yes...

Well, S2 Fina already got a preview of this :p

giphy.gif

Nice, congrats!

It's already begun. SOON.

Syntsui

Just pulled a Rem with the 4* EX ticket. What's up with the game giving me all these third tier rainbows that not even the TMs are top tier anymore?

Still, new unit I guess.

Just pulled a Rem with the 4* EX ticket. What's up with the game giving me all these third tier rainbows that not even the TMs are top tier anymore?

Still, new unit I guess.

I actually like Rems TM a lot. Shes great for trade for a 4* ex tic.

I honestly feel like the worst 5* unit at this point is LIghtning. It makes sense because she was the original 5*, but even her TM is useless.

wilstreak

Is it even debatable Lightning is the worst 5* at this point?

Well there is still people who insist "there is no 5* troll".
While getting 1 Lightning is fine since we all want to collect rare unit anyway, she serve no purpose for long time player.

I have dupe Lightning for example if it is possible, I will trade it with 4* unit like Crowe, Desch or Sylvia.

Delita for example have the best on-demand DEF/SPR Debuff, Queen is good MP Battery and in fact the strongest solo hitter (Berserk + 800% Devastation), DKC provide the best imperil in the game. All have niche, except Lightning.

If we didn't count TMR, then the second worst 5* for me is Gilgamesh (expensive but mediocre enhancement, hit just a little bit harder than Lightning, but doesnt have any utility).

Muku

Well there is still people who insist "there is no 5* troll".
While getting 1 Lightning is fine since we all want to collect rare unit anyway, she serve no purpose for long time player.

I have dupe Lightning for example if it is possible, I will trade it with 4* unit like Crowe, Desch or Sylvia.

Delita for example have the best on-demand DEF/SPR Debuff, Queen is good MP Battery and in fact the strongest solo hitter (Berserk + 800% Devastation), DKC provide the best imperil in the game. All have niche, except Lightning.

If we didn't count TMR, then the second worst 5* for me is Gilgamesh (expensive but mediocre enhancement, hit just a little bit harder than Lightning, but doesnt have any utility).

My Gilgamesh isn't bad. But to be honest... he was my first 5* base dupe. And you know what? I'm okay with it. Genji Glove > Dual Wield. I still have to get the second Genji Glove. It's on my list but not highest of priorities right now with crew I have. Could change if the right new 5* base comes along.

I'd still like a Lightning. :( But to be honest... for me getting a Marie would be the worst. Maybe she has potential, but I've gotten Minfilia and she is my MVP. So I don't need/want Marie. But then again... some things like Queen would not be very high on my list either. Some characters I just have no interest in. But then again we have our own way of rating characters.

Alkez

Is there any reason for me to pick up the hood from the mog king if I have 3 Black Cowl? Is there anything unique about it?

across

Is there any reason for me to pick up the hood from the mog king if I have 3 Black Cowl? Is there anything unique about it?

It has 5% all resist. I think it's probably not worth the -1 equipment slot, but maybe at some point we'll need 5% resist on a hat to reach elemental immunity or something?

I believe the answer is 'no'.

Kouriozan

Rakshasa for the free daily, how are those units still in the rare summon pool >.<
At least I saw plenty of rare ennemies in the event.

Niahak

Today's half off pull was Nyx, so I'll be sharing him.
First banner unit after 15+ pulls.
I am weak, but it worked out in my favor I suppose.

Muku

I just cannot get love on my alt. My one Libertus during all this ... is going to make me cry.

Free Daily: Duane
1/2 Daily: Cecil

;_;

I cannot seem to get any stupid bonus enemies either. WHHHHHHHHHYYYY. This one is finally back to being a good MK but I can't get anywhere on alt. Fuck.

Syntsui

I just cannot get love on my alt. My one Libertus during all this ... is going to make me cry.

;_;

I cannot seem to get any stupid bonus enemies either. WHHHHHHHHHYYYY. This one is finally back to being a good MK but I can't get anywhere on alt. Fuck.
Took me three days to get one bomb. This is the worst event since XIII.

bonkeng

Is Ace worth putting in a team with Agrias and DV?
And would you use Wol or Earth Veritas?

Enhanced Ace with enhanced Agrias and DV works well together, provided you equip Agrias and DV with Excalibur.

WoL is generally better in most cases. EV is better when you need to have Earth element resist.

Ombala

Enhanced Ace with enhanced Agrias and DV works well together, provided you equip Agrias and DV with Excalibur.

WoL is generally better in most cases. EV is better when you need to have Earth element resist.
Well I don't have any Excalibur yet but will soon start farming Cecil TM.
Was hoping the new banner unit that has a greatsword would be good for DV?

Xevren

I've only seen ahrimans/bombs once since the event started, just me or is the rarity kinda eh? Free pull Glauca, yay more bonus!

Celegus

;_;

How much stuff are you going for? I only have Glauca and I'm just about done with everything I wanted. It lasts for 2 weeks, no need to clean it out in 2 days. Can't believe you're still keeping up with 3 accounts, that sounds like madness haha.

Muku

How much stuff are you going for? I only have Glauca and I'm just about done with everything I wanted. It lasts for 2 weeks, no need to clean it out in 2 days. Can't believe you're still keeping up with 3 accounts, that sounds like madness haha.

It's not too bad. There are times JP isn't as exciting or I'm done. I got done with MK event in JP, despite buying a shit ton of stuff in like a day and a half or so. Then finished the story stuff. (Including the crysts ones.) Been putzing around and just burning NRG doing Chamber of Crystals for the crysts. Have gotten Tidus 3 of 4 moves up to +1.

WIth MK, assuming it's a good one, I get what I can. Not everything, but I like stocking up on 6* mats and all. Running since MK event went up and my alt still doesn't have quite enough to buy all tickets. I might have to skimp there. But the frustrating part is lack of even damn bonus units. Want to be done before the end of time? You meed them.

And to be honest I can't babysit accounts right now. I've got things to do. :/ But I would also be happy just getting more damn Libertus. My main is swimming in them. (Have 4 + Crowe.)

Vashetti

Banned
Did some ticket pulls for bonus. Got a third DKC instead. 30% of my rainbows have been DKC. Kind of sick of seeing this guy.

I kind of wish they could alter the rainbow rate so that if you are lucky to get a rainbow, your chances of it being a dupe are significantly reduced.

I have two Queens and I hate it.

robotuw

ROFL! Welp...

/equips eye monocle and critically examines the picture
/in mock "rich elitist voice"

Well... upon critical examination, Ayaka's face betrays the pose. Not suggestive at all, I'm afraid. Going to have to disqualify her from evaluation, sadly.

Hrmm... yes...

As co-chair of the thread's naughty-poses council I too am unimpressed. Libertus' though...

I thought that comic was about CGFina too but apparently she was referencing the VLC Fina enhancements coming with Halloween.

Broseybrose

In my pulls trying to get Crowe Ive pulled some fantastic 4* ATK TM units...

I got my first Werei, Desch, and Glauca (I have no Dark Greatsword).

I need Crowe though, for my Ayaka!

I thought that comic was about CGFina too but apparently she was referencing the VLC Fina enhancements coming with Halloween.
I cant keep track of all these Finas! Who the hell is VLC Fina? Is she out yet?

Muku

In my pulls trying to get Crowe Ive pulled some fantastic 4* ATK TM units...

I got my first Werei, Desch, and Glauca (I have no Dark Greatsword).

I need Crowe though, for my Ayaka!

VLC Fina was Halloween Fina. AKA White Witch Fina. Her hat reminded us of the VLC cone XD I think they changed her or something recently, yeah?

robotuw

White Witch Fina, a global exclusive limited-time 4* unit from the Halloween Banner last year. It was the first set of global exclusive units and Gumi sucked at drawing them back then. WW Fina's hat was really stupid and looked like a traffic cone so people started calling her VLC Fina. She was not a very good unit (especially for an early 6* healer) but she was an early mana battery and not a 5* so she ended up as part of a lot of non-5*-base strategies. Now we have a lot more mana battery options so she's kinda useless. Some data from the hack suggested she may get some potent enhancements for this Halloween though.

Broseybrose

VLC Fina was Halloween Fina. AKA White Witch Fina. Her hat reminded us of the VLC cone XD I think they changed her or something recently, yeah?

White Witch Fina, a global exclusive limited-time 4* unit from the Halloween Banner last year. It was the first set of global exclusive units and Gumi sucked at drawing them back then. WW Fina's hat was really stupid and looked like a traffic cone so people started calling her VLC Fina. She was not a very good unit (especially for an early 6* healer) but she was an early mana battery and not a 5* so she ended up as part of a lot of non-5*-base strategies. Now we have a lot more mana battery options so she's kinda useless. Some data from the hack suggested she may get some potent enhancements for this Halloween though.

OK I know White Witch Fina. And I vaguely remember the VLC icon joke now that you mention it.

So she's getting enhancements? Surely they wont put her in Ayaka's league, right?

robotuw

OK I know White Witch Fina. And I vaguely remember the VLC icon joke now that you mention it.

So she's getting enhancements? Surely they wont put her in Ayaka's league, right?

Dunno, I didn't see that data myself. I doubt they'd make her a contender with Ayaka though, and even if they wanted to that's a lot of damn enhancements. She didn't even have curaga.

Broseybrose

Im excited for Garland's enhancements. He is one of my favorite FF charaters and I feel like they did him justice in this game.

Ill finally have to get that Doublehand TM for him.

I just wish there was a better way to farm crysts. T4 and T5 arent the problem, its T1 and T3. The vortex is just terrible for farming, especially T3s.

Top Bottom