• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XII The Zodiac Age coming out for PS4 on 7/11 (US/EU) & 7/13 (JP)

Shepard

Kensuke

Great date.

Don't like stuff about rebalancing on Polygon. Weird that they'd do that. How is making it easier bringing it closer to 'the feel of a classic Final Fantasy title'? Hopefully they give us some options.

Eylos

Banned
i don't remember FFXII being a difficult game, but i remember that bullshit dragon in the coliseum being hard

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
I've always wondered.

How does penello get undressed?

Thinking about Balthier?

;)

FFXII is one the best games i've ever played, definitely gonna try the Remaster.

Paltheos

Really hope that isnt the case or, at least, they offer a hard mode right from the beginning. XII wasnt that difficult to begin with, don't dumb it down even more.

Says it outright in the article, sorry.
RIP.
Hopefully this comes to PC eventually and a classic or hard mod is put out. Or SE has the sense to put in 'classic' and 'remastered' difficulties or something or the other for the fans.

Ricker

I think I started XII over twice,if not 3 times and I always stopped after about 3 hours in for some reason lol...I could play it right now on my PS2 but July for this remaster is perfect,it looks awesome and its the International version so yeah,day 1 and I might just finish it this time lol.

Curufinwe

C3fURekWcAA4RRh.jpg

Japan uses the ideal system for dates.

Can someone give me the rundown on the whole "zodiac age" thing? Is this like an international version type thing?

I never finished 12, because unlike some of my favorite FFs, where the characters had given roles (like IX), every character seemed to blend together as they made their way through the skill trees and i kinda got bored. Does this version of the game address that at all?

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
I forgot I was in a FFXII thread for a second and thought you were talking about that dude from Microsoft. Bad mental image...

Lol.

Thinking about Balthier?

;)

FFXII is one the best games i've ever played, definitely gonna try the Remaster.

Lol nah, i've always been confused cause she only has one belt on her person, no zippers and generally speaking it looks like the designers drew her outfit without any way for her to get out of it, it looks like a one piece

TheFatMan

Great launch date, I can't think of any other games I want at the moment anywhere near that. Will give me something to do in the middle of summer that doesn't involve roasting outside.

Can someone give me the rundown on the whole "zodiac age" thing? Is this like an international version type thing?

I never finished 12, because unlike some of my favorite FFs, where the characters had given roles (like IX), every character seemed to blend together as they made their way through the skill trees and i kinda got bored. Does this version of the game address that at all?

This is the PS4 port of the International Zodiac Job System version of the game. IZJS included a few big changes, the most significant being the addition of 12 job license boards to replace the single large board from the original version. You pick a job for each character, and they are set in that role (unlike other FF titles, there's no option to change).

There are other balance changes, a speed boost option (up to 4x on PS4), gambits are available much earlier, and I believe both Japanese and English audio.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.

This version is specifically about giving characters roles. You choose from 12 jobs one a character becomes playable. Guest characters are exempt.

The tradeoff is you cannot switch roles. So its like FFI, IV, or IX where characters have their speciality and thats that.

This is the PS4 port of the International Zodiac Job System version of the game. IZJS included a few big changes, the most significant being the addition of 12 job license boards to replace the single large board from the original version. You pick a job for each character, and they are set in that role (unlike other FF titles, there's no option to change).

There are other balance changes, a speed boost option (up to 4x on PS4), gambits are available much earlier, and I believe both Japanese and English audio.

Thanks. I just happened to see that Polygon link above that discussed some of that. Sounds like it'll address exactly what I didn't like the first (and second) go round.

I'll be glad to give this another go, as it's the only one I never finished since 7.

This version is specifically about giving characters roles. You choose from 12 jobs one a character becomes playable. Guest characters are exempt.

The tradeoff is you cannot switch roles. So its like FFI, IV, or IX where characters have their speciality and thats that.

Thanks

Top Bottom