• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XII The Zodiac Age coming out for PS4 on 7/11 (US/EU) & 7/13 (JP)

Meowster

GAF got me hyped that this would be coming out in a few months, so a little disappointed that it is so far away. Excited nonetheless.

July's is usually one of, if not the deadest month when it comes to video games, so i'm fine with the date. Plenty of space to play it.

Why is that artwork so dark?

Also, SLAY at Square Enix retconning their old marketing and making Ashe the focal point of the Zodiac age! Queen deserves ha moment in the spotlight.

Hoping for some new renders of the characters for the box art like they did for FFX. The new models of Yuna and Tidus that they used were so beautifully crafted.

BlondeTuna

Loving that artwork. Would be great if they went with the minimalist FFXII logo and that artwork as a reversible on the physical release.

muteki

First time around came at a bad time for me, wondering if it will grab me this time.

I did like the license board though.

Espada

This is great news, I was wondering when this was finally going to be released. That artwork is awesome, it's always nice to see new official art for FFXII (though it just reminded me how much I hate Ashe's outfit).

That release date is perfect. This'll be my big summer game and there's plenty of time between it and Zelda. Excited! Love the key art too!

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
C3fcm0OUoAAENGG.jpg:large

clean (but small) version of the new artwork by Yoshida Akihiko

The size of the characters shows their importance to the story.

M-PG71C

Honestly, that date works great for me! Day one, I can't wait to play it again it has been a very long time. Besides, I'm in the mood for more open-world FF after XV.

Teletraan1

Banned
Will definitely pick this up. Pretty great game that I didn't care for when I played it at first but came to love after I figured out the combat.

reson8or

Yes!!! My FAVORITE Final Fantasy game
behind Tactics
finally gets the love it deserves.

I can't wait to Platinum this game. I wonder if there will be any Pro support?

Yea, I think I'll be ready for another good long JRPG after Persona 5. Probably play some Overwatch in between the 2 as a palette cleanser.

khaaan

Larsa is important but is literally the shortest character lol

Haha, I remember he was short but wasn't he also quite young? I remember him having a thin frame and a soft higher pitched voice. Then he started hitting on Penelo and I was expecting that to play a factor into Vaan exposition...but I dropped the game around the time you hit Eryut village.

Thought May/June was the sweet spot for this, but I'm there day one.

Why Fran look like she want someone to come eat it like groceries???

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Haha, I remember he was short but wasn't he also quite young? I remember him having a thin frame and a soft higher pitched voice. Then he started hitting on Penelo and I was expecting that to play a factor into Vaan exposition...but I dropped the game around the time you hit Eryut village.

All I will say is dont expect too much character drama from XII >_>

PikkonX

Never finished it but I remember being addicted to its combat system lol.

Maybe I will this time

This is my problem too. Never finished it, but because the combat is so MMO-like, I became addicted to just overleveling my party. This time I'll try to actually enjoy the remaining content and story.

reson8or

Given that it doesn't specify that it's specifically for Zodiac Age, they could just be referring to the multitude of changes that were made when IZJS came out originally.

I played through the entirety of IZJS and do not recall an appreciable difficulty change. Perhaps they had it tuned down for the press, and perhaps even more so for LOLygon.

Later than I was hoping for, but I'll take it. FFXII was one of my dream games coming into this gen.
Absolute tragedy that the best FF game has been stuck on a single platform for more than 10 years now.

Day one. Can't wait to do a fresh playthrough of Zodiac. Don't know about doing Platinum as I put hundreds of hours into the original (savefile and PS2 ready to play anytime) and did/got everything except for bad luck denying me that damned Danjuro dagger.

Top Bottom