• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV Multiplayer Expansion - First Look + Closed Beta August 3rd

Do you think we will be able to play as female characters in multiplayer?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Strings

That Iron Giant fight is thrilling.

EDIT: Like, it's kinda cool they got this up and running (I guess? I still think it's a colossal waste of resources to stick it into this particular game), but it just really doesn't work with FFXVs combat system. Evading enemies etc is just way too unreliable to support this kind of mode.

benzy

All those who voted no about creating female avatar.

DGTeRlaUAAEQgGN.jpg:large

from solidsora

MattAces

I had forgotten how flashy/cool the combat in the game looks lol. I know some didn't enjoy it but I had a blast with it.
I love the combat, especially in this when there's 4 people slashing with katana. But the camera is a nightmare.

Finding a match is such a pain now.

MattAces

Anybody else having trouble getting a game? Somehow I manage to start a match alone previously
Finally living out my Chocobo RPG fantasy

DGTkB_pUAAIml9T.jpg

It's much easier to create your own camp and get people to join than it is to find one already made IMO.
How do I create my own camp

I'm going to try this again, restarting stream every time I have to restart the game.
Found the option to create camp!

Enthus

This character creator has way more depth than I expected, and that's with a lot of options being unavailable.

benzy

Seems to be up, I'm playing right now.

I'm streaming on youtube, and I'm pretty sure I'm not allowed to post my own link? But my channel has zero monetization or whatsoever. Just search for Matthew Waey with the god of war symbol if you're at work and wants to watch it.

Edit: Looks like you're playing as
kingsglaive
, seems to work similar to monster hunter, a main hub, quick join, mission select. The spells button are pretty cool, L2 + square for block and L2 + O for attacking spell.

Nice quality stream.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6Z-4NQTIJc

I have the season pass but not ps+ anymore. Does anyone know if I can play this solo without ps+, I read somewhere about Ai team mates?

Don't forget to equip a sigil, guys. I strongly recommend the Rouge sigil, since it allows for multiple side steps even with the Shuriken equipped (ala PD).

I'm really enjoying the tweaks they dead to the weapons moveset. They feel much more responsive than in the main game.

The new magic system is nice but they need to polish the effect and give it a better impact.

These positive impressions make me want to buy the season pass and play. I already have 20 dollars in credit from those cheap psn card deals.

Dragoshi1

I like it, was paired with AI buddies though.

They were decent during the Big Cow slaughterfest, but during the Bomb raid on the little cabin? Not so much.

Slaythe

Man this is SO GOOD.

I made a Dante wannabe.

IgPbnXZ.jpg

I1gaJfh.jpg

vtGz5bX.jpg

P9OuaPr.jpg

gsxZQyb.jpg

TBzyyGT.jpg

Adg0Hfy.jpg

The IQ is abominable and it's on ps4 pro. But the gameplay is a lot of fun, feels like a tighter FFXV.

That was fun but I have to get ready for work now. :D

Got destroyed on the Iron Giant, though. Though my online teammates weren't super great at the game. Almost had 'em. Now I am going to be at work all day wanting to get back to the game! Gonna be thinking about it all day.

Toth

Tried a bit before leaving for work and it seems pretty solid for a beta. Offensive magic does seem a little weak though for the MP cost but overall, I am eager to play some more later and see what else is in this thing.

The events seem to take place
in the first year or so. The world is not completely in the dark yet, and Cor and Cidney still look the same as we left them.

MattAces

Also just want to point out, it shows in the friendlist as "fighting to bring back the light".
Hopefully there's some narrative or story going on in the full release.

Slaythe

Yeah I've tried all the options - none of them are working. Maybe the beta just doesn't like my internet.

It wouldn't let me in initially, gave me "an error".

I had to force it a couple times then it loaded. You stick with your partners for a while after that.

I didn't use custom stuff.

Enthus

Man, I hope when the eventual Complete release for this game drops they use this character creator to randomize the NPCs. You get like 30 different color options on different parts of your clothes.

Top Bottom