• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV Multiplayer Expansion - First Look + Closed Beta August 3rd

Do you think we will be able to play as female characters in multiplayer?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Does the beta spoil the
world of ruin twist?
I want to convince my friend to pick this up but he isn't at chapter 13 or whatever yet.

plkqKvT.gif

a3re6JS.gif

Keinning

Tried so hard to play a single match on xbox, with no success. Always an error, always "unable to connect", can't even create my own camp to play with bots

At least i made my character already and she looks pretty cool (guess the people saying "U CANT CREATE FEMALES OMG" feel pretty stupid right now and they pretty damn should because that was a stupid thing to say/believe)

Now i have to work and i'll see people saying how fun it is all day. I hate thursdays.

Toth

That Iron Giant fight is thrilling.

EDIT: Like, it's kinda cool they got this up and running (I guess? I still think it's a colossal waste of resources to stick it into this particular game), but it just really doesn't work with FFXVs combat system. Evading enemies etc is just way too unreliable to support this kind of mode.

It's not when you realize that part of the season pass was for this (like at least $10 of it). Given how many passes they sold, they are actually trying to make good on this promise. Also, as Tabata has said. this is important for system building in future games. If the thing turns out well, and it appears off to a solid start, we all benefit.

Keinning

Watching a stream which is just two dudes not pressing ready and talking to each other in quick FF quotes

what is even happening

Slaythe

DGT9GXfV0AAiYGy.jpg

I wonder if they'll sell FF costumes as DLC eventually.

I can't wait to see other faces templates though ! And more hair options.

The hair goes wild, too bad it's hurt by the IQ.

EXCJYB.jpg

ViciousDS

Banned
one thing FFXV does so well is the subtle animations.......I relaly do love the engine SE built and hope they figure out how to use it financially well in the next final fantasy. I believe they built a great foundation with XV

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
one thing FFXV does so well is the subtle animations.......I relaly do love the engine SE built and hope they figure out how to use it financially well in the next final fantasy. I believe they built a great foundation with XV

I believe Business Division 2 is intending to forge on with Luminous, but I'm not sure if other departments were intending to use it anymore, so it probably depends on who is making it.

Just barely trying it! Character creation is extremely extensive! Like wow! I didn't even think that we could change the clothes until I kept messing around in the creator.

I'm trying to play but so far all in getting is "Searching for Players" for the longest time.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
The character animation quality isn't really based on the engine itself but rather the team making them. Granted it's really cool how they retargeted all those animations so well for this.

Socivol

I hope they add additional enemies. I'm not really interested in killing the same enemies that I have been killing for the past 135 hours.

Will this be a standalone expansion or will I need the base game?

Edit: Question answered

Requires FINAL FANTASY XV and purchase of either MULTIPLAYER EXPANSION: COMRADES or Season Pass. Also requires a subscription to PlayStation®Plus subscription or an Xbox Live Gold membership.

So is this just go around and kill everything endlessly or is there a story or purpose for your character?

I hope they add additional enemies. I'm not really interested in killing the same enemies that I have been killing for the past 135 hours.
I mean, I'm sure they will, this is a really dumbed down version of the full experience of it and it feels more like a proof of concept beta to get the systems down and everything, pretty much like they said it would be.

LordKasual

Banned
Holy shit, if you equip 'The Rogue's Sigil' then you can airstep with the katana / throwing star

My lv11 created character is already more OP than Noctis with his Royal Arms..........

And the way these weapons all have special traits and abilities? The way I can cast both curative and offensive magic? They need to just do a rebalance patch for the whole main story................

Ew, you may have just cracked the code of why this even exists.

sigh

The character animation quality isn't really based on the engine itself but rather the team making them. Granted it's really cool how they retargeted all those animations so well for this.

Well, not entirely. The way the animations blend and transition together is a result of the engine programming.

MilkBeard

Seems like the character creator is a bit more extensive than I would have thought. Pretty cool. Looks interesting. I'll just wait for the release though, but I'll definitely give it a try!

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Well, not entirely. The way the animations blend and transition together is a result of the engine programming.
By my knowledge there's nothing unique about the animation blending system in FFXV compared to other proprietary or 3rd party game engines.

Can't play the beta. I own FFXV + season pass on an old PSN but PS Plus is required on the account of ownership just to download the beta. Out of luck for now.

Top Bottom