• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV Multiplayer Expansion - First Look + Closed Beta August 3rd

Do you think we will be able to play as female characters in multiplayer?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Incidentally I just checked out Episode Prompto and it has unexpectedly turned out to be the best FFXV-related bit of content I've tried out yet though I think it's in large part to the fact that Aranea,
aka the game's real heroine,
has a prominent role in this one. God I love her. Easily puts Gladio's sorry excuse for an episode to shame so perhaps things are slowly looking up. Maybe I can safely actually look forward to Ignis's episode while giving the team the benefit of the doubt and hope that this multiplayer expansion will turn out decently enough.

As regards to this other sub-topic about FFXIV, I think when the word "archaic" is banded around, it's usually in reference to their servers, not necessarily game design. Its game design can just be characterised as uninspired and derivative. "Archaic" is referring to Yoshi-P's excuses of not being able to easily expand player & retainer inventory slots any further, all these difficulties involved with the poor housing system, the fact that they had to bring instances back because a vaunted piece of rather unremarkable open world boss content has caused everything to buckle, and more I may have missed.

I don't like people who are dishonest.

These are the threads you totally posted in throughout June and July:
Just finished Final Fantasy XV: What was this mumbo jumbo? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last )
Official original designs and story details from Versus XIII/FFXV surface ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last )
Final Fantasy Creator Hironobu Sakaguchi Comments on FFXV and Tabata's Future Project ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last )
Final Fantasy XV: Episode Prompto |OT| ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last )
LTTP: FFXV aka why am i jumping when all I want to do is talk to you ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

This is a thread you CREATED in May:
FFXV-2 could happen, what do you want from it ?

Another two threads you posted in around then:
Did you understand FFXV story?
Final Fantasy XV's soundtrack is probably the best mainline soundtrack ever ( 1 2 3 4 )

Like, that's not actively staying away from FFXV threads. That's posting in every one you see. It's the opposite of staying away. There's nothing wrong with posting in FFXV threads. There's nothing wrong with being negative about FFXV. But why would you say something that isn't true? On the internet.

I'm sure he has a reason for what he said.

I'm sure he has a good reason.

Like, I'm sure.

FinalAres

As regards to this other sub-topic about FFXIV, I think when the word "archaic" is banded around, it's usually in reference to their servers, not necessarily game design. Its game design can just be characterised as uninspired and derivative. "Archaic" is referring to Yoshi-P's excuses of not being able to easily expand player & retainer inventory slots any further, all these difficulties involved with the poor housing system, the fact that they had to bring instances back because a vaunted piece of rather unremarkable open world boss content has caused everything to buckle, and more I may have missed.
Did he say he hadn't even put much time into the game? I'm pretty sure he literally just meant fetch quests and in particular it not being F2P were the reasons it was archaic. So dumb reasons.

Portalbox

So I don't know if this has been discussed yet but 2 new achievements have been added to the Xbox version... do you guys think this ties to a new story DLC or is it part of Comrades?

Also, cross-chains from Episode Duscae seem to be back.

Seize the Moment 10
Performed 10 full-hit cross chains.

Secret Achievements
Love Turned Tragic 10
Defeat Melusine.

Melusine is a Lamia-type monster from other FFs.

Source.

Koozek

So I don't know if this has been discussed yet but 2 new achievements have been added to the Xbox version... do you guys think this ties to a new story DLC or is it part of Comrades?

Also, cross-chains from Episode Duscae seem to be back.

Seize the Moment 10
Performed 10 full-hit cross chains.

Secret Achievements
Love Turned Tragic 10
Defeat Melusine.

Melusine is a Lamia-type monster from other FFs.

Source.
Yup, posted it a few pages back:
This might be related to this DLC:

New DLC Trophies appeared on https://www.xboxachievements.com/game/final-fantasy-xv/achievements/

DLC Unknown TBD

Seize the Moment 10 Performed 10 full-hit cross chains.

Love Turned Tragic 10 ???

The secret Trophy says
Defeat Melusine
[spoiler:
it's monster from FFV, see
].​

Source.

---

Also, here are the locations from the DLC screens in the actual main game world:

Code:
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Inxf8b9.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/AK95j9J.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/vzomchr.jpg[/IMG]

[URL="https://www.reddit.com/r/FFXV/comments/6prdd6/side_by_side_screens_of_comrades_dlc_areas_to/"]Source.[/URL]

Did he say he hadn't even put much time into the game? I'm pretty sure he literally just meant fetch quests and in particular it not being F2P were the reasons it was archaic. So dumb reasons.

Oh I'm aware that's not what the poster was referring to in particular. I was just generally pointing out when it would actually be appropriate to call FFXIV "archaic". :p

Alboreo

I'm hoping there's enough content/customization to keep this alive for some time, a-la GTA Online (comparing to single player games with online modes). The 4 player parties do sound like PSO, which is really exciting because I love PSO/2. I'm definitely interested in this.

LordKasual

Banned
A team of 4? I hope this is like an open world PSO.

�� Final Fantasy Star Online?

I want to say this but i'm afraid to be disappointed

ironically, running around the world hunting for the royal arms in my initial playthrough actually did remind me of PSO. Noctis' arsenal just keeps increasing with all these odd weapons with varied uses.

I really hope they tap into that for the gear in this multiplayer mode.

Also, why the fuck is this poll so slanted towards "NO" asking for female characters when there's a female character in the damn screenshots

Z3M0G

Just read the bullet-points in the OP... damn this sounds great! It feels like a lite version of GTAOnline.

I can see them making a viable game service out of this to carry for years to come... color me impressed!

A team of 4? I hope this is like an open world PSO.

�� Final Fantasy Star Online?

You just gave me the biggest boner...

Koozek

Wait, is it only $10?

Hot damn... I'm in FOR SURE
We don't know for sure yet what it's priced seperately, but as part of the Season Pass it would technically be $10 since the pass is $25 and the 3 character episodes are $5 each. Also you'll need a PS+/XBL subscription for the multiplayer, and a copy of the main game too.

SoulUnison

Banned
There is a 14-days trial for PS+ on PSN, yeah. Will use that too for the beta and if it's fun I'll get a 1 month sub or so for the full thing.

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/explore/playstation-plus/

Ugh, apparently if you've ever made use of *any* free PS+ trial, you're completely ineligible for any future trials, even if the trial you used was back on the PS3, or was one of the 2-day trials that come with, say, Bloodborne.

That's super disappointing.
I'm not dropping 10 bucks to play a beta test for a couple days.

Arkeband

Banned
I'll try it out with an open mind. Them adding in actual gameplay/combat features to the last patch took me by surprise, maybe they'll actually apply things from this retroactively to improve the base game.

Toth

I wonder what time this unlocks. I think it says midnight tonight but SE's clock is mighty inconsistent.

Oh man, if this is in dark world I may need to play.... though I'm feeling pretty done with XV unless we get a real story driven, big expansion.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
The beta says the 8th where are people getting their 3rd from?

MattAces

Seems to be up, I'm playing right now.

I'm streaming on youtube, and I'm pretty sure I'm not allowed to post my own link? But my channel has zero monetization or whatsoever. Just search for Matthew Waey with the god of war symbol if you're at work and wants to watch it.

Edit: Looks like you're playing as
kingsglaive
, seems to work similar to monster hunter, a main hub, quick join, mission select. The spells button are pretty cool, L2 + square for block and L2 + O for attacking spell.

Top Bottom