• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First 15 Minutes of the Amazing Spider-Man 2 (Xbox 360 Gameplay)

Vitor711

I just can't get over how bad this game looks when I see it in action.

I actually thought this looked better than I expected after the initial gameplay walkthrough.

They're actually having missions take place in the city itself, and not in cordoned off 'levels'. That's a big improvement over the first.

Certinty

Sad that Suckerpunch cant make a game with the Spiderman license.
What we really need is Treyarch back, they are the ones who gave us Spider-Man 2 and Ultimate Spider-Man. If they could give us something similar to one of those I'm sure most people would be more than satisfied.

Saying that though Beenox aren't so bad, they showed with Shattered Dimensions they are capable of making a great Spidey game, only issue for them is translating that into a great open world Spidey game.

rob305

I really enjoyed the first amazing spiderman game :( This makes me sad. Some of the larger boss fights were amazing

Spider-man still does the automatic web-save crap when you fall from a high distance dammit Beenox wtf. They simplify crap too much like mapping wall run to the web swing buttons and constantly popping up button-prompts. I don't think they could make a good Spider-man game even with a decent budget.

Pikawil

Unconfirmed Member
Anyway, who has the James Bond licence now? What are the chances we'll get another J.B game?
The license is in limbo now, waiting to be bought by a publisher; Activision single-handely rendered the license toxic for the time being thanks to the abomination thast was 007 Legends.

Huh, didn't know Disney had the comic book game licence. Guess that means movie ties in are the best we can hope for in the foreseeable future.

Well Disney owns Marvel right? So I guess games will fall under Disney's games division now. They removed every comic book related marvel game from the online stores on the PS3 and Xbox 360 developed by other companies.

Acti had the Spider-Man and X-Men rights until 2017, but last year they sold back the X-Men rights to Disney.4 years early (thus why all their games were removed from Live and PSN) and there's been a lot of rumours this is their last SM game before giving that license back too.
Oh, it may very well be far worse under Disney; a theory raised in another topic is that Disney might had have to get at Activision and Capcom's Mahvel licenses because they were the roadblock preventing them from making... the Marvel toys for Disney Infinity. Meaning the chances Disney doing core Marvel as long as the toys exist is slim.

Some Nobody

Oh sweet Jesus.

Is there any Acti studio that hasn't worked on or is currently working on CoD?

Beenox and Toys for Bob. Treyarch is the main CoD studio, Infinity Ward is #2, Sledgehammer is #3. Several others are devoted to map packs, one's devoted to CoD: Elite, and one just does CoD server work. They've got like eight studios devoted to feeding the Call of Duty machine.

sqwarlock

Pedestrian dialog is horrible, and did they not cover Uncle Ben's death in the first game? It seems like Spider-man games (and movies) have trouble moving too far past Spidey's origin.

Guri

It seems worse than I expected, unfortunately. I mean, the way the dialogues are done and there is a lack of polish overall. They should give more times for developers to work on everything they need to with these licensed franchise.

ItIsOkBro

LT is swing left hand and RT is swing right hand.

Looks that that is as involved as swinging gets. How awful.

In 5 years these games will have Spidey swinging for himself.

They also have swing boost. Each trigger you're not using to swing is boost. It's cool

you can also do the slingshot with both hands and even climb up your web line according to Beenox; I haven't watched enough of the footage to see if it's there, but they confirmed it on Facebook

LT is swing left hand and RT is swing right hand.

Looks that that is as involved as swinging gets. How awful.

In 5 years these games will have Spidey swinging for himself.

lol how involved do you think the mode of traversal you'll be using for 75% of the game should be? Should you have to use every button on the controller simply to swing around? Of all the problems this game looks to have, the swinging looks to be fine.

JohngPR

Not saying the game will miraculously be great, but it's a bit unfair to judge the web swinging in this game based on someone that's playing it for the first time that doesn't know how it works.

I'm looking forward to this game but I've been keeping my expectations in check, especially after the mysterious XB1 snub.

you can also do the slingshot with both hands and even climb up your web line according to Beenox; I haven't watched enough of the footage to see if it's there, but they confirmed it on Facebook

That sounds great. The last hope I have for this game is the web-swinging. Though it's kinda hard to get a good feel on it in the videos released so far since these dudes keep slamming into walls and using shitty web rush to navigate.

Dysun

Looks like amateur hour, even from the UI/menus on down. Stuff you would expect from the PS2, let alone now. Empty cities, stiff voice acting, copy/pasta buildings, a blurry mess, the whole package

ItIsOkBro

lol how involved do you think the mode of traversal you'll be using for 75% of the game should be? Should you have to use every button on the controller simply to swing around? Of all the problems this game looks to have, the swinging looks to be fine.

What is this post really saying? The thing you do most should be easy?

TheCloser

Banned
Xbox360BlackCrush.com, wow its so dark. You can't even see anything till he lands ontop the building 39m away from the objective.

TimFL

Xbox360BlackCrush.com, wow its so dark. You can't even see anything till he lands ontop the building 39m away from the objective.

That's an issue with the guys capture card. There are other walkthroughs out there that look perfectly fine.

BigDug13

looks dull and guy playing it sucks.

Looks like the better spider-man game isn't licensed!
i22bT5MHviUsT.gif

Haha what is this? Just Cause 2 with a Spiderman skin and falling damage turned off?

Haha what is this? Just Cause 2 with a Spiderman skin and falling damage turned off?

you inexplicably take no damage from grappling the ground, despite moving at a faster speed than you would if you just fell to the ground

JC2's physics were so bipolar sometimes lol

Neo Child

Banned
no one play asm1? so much fun getting blazed and swinging round new York for ages, the whole spidy right bumper thing and flying off things and being crazy.

mm

Stopped watching mid way through the 2nd part of the walkthrough since I didn't want to spoil the game further. It's going to be a very fun game, I know it.

Effect

Really want to see what the Wii U version looks like. Until then I've canceled my preorder. This 360 footage isn't to encouraging.

Certinty

We really need to see some PS4 footage soon, really hoping there's a lot less popups, that's pretty much my biggest concern from seeing 360 footage.

BigDug13

you inexplicably take no damage from grappling the ground, despite moving at a faster speed than you would if you just fell to the ground

JC2's physics were so bipolar sometimes lol

Yeah I knew that. I just didn't see the grappling hook being used until I saw your post and looked again. Pretty silly looking as a Spiderman game though.

Top Bottom