• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First 15 Minutes of the Amazing Spider-Man 2 (Xbox 360 Gameplay)

Skilletor

lol how involved do you think the mode of traversal you'll be using for 75% of the game should be? Should you have to use every button on the controller simply to swing around? Of all the problems this game looks to have, the swinging looks to be fine.

The thing you do most should probably be the most involved portion, yes.

HoodWinked

Visually Inconsistent: the game.

you got lighting that tries to be realistic, but then comic book aesthetics for webing and spider sense. literally tissue box simple buildings and ugly inconsistent animations.

then theres the camera, hey guys everyone loves shaky cams right? well we got that and we have random zoom ins because its not bad enough already.

Lol at how instead of just giving us a charge jump, they make Spider-man shoot webs into the sky and pull himself up on nothing. At least that's the only instance of sky swinging I can see so it isn't that bad.

Visually Inconsistent: the game.

you got lighting that tries to be realistic, but then comic book aesthetics for webing and spider sense. literally tissue box simple buildings and ugly inconsistent animations.

then theres the camera, hey guys everyone loves shaky cams right? well we got that and we have random zoom ins because its not bad enough already.

Too bad you feel that way, because with that cocky, sarcastic sort of attitude you got going there, you'd feel right at home playing as Spider-Man. lol

Sami+

Jesus Christ, it looks like he's slinging webs in complete absence of half competent physics. There's no momentum at all.

What we really need is Treyarch back, they are the ones who gave us Spider-Man 2 and Ultimate Spider-Man. If they could give us something similar to one of those I'm sure most people would be more than satisfied.

Saying that though Beenox aren't so bad, they showed with Shattered Dimensions they are capable of making a great Spidey game, only issue for them is translating that into a great open world Spidey game.
As much as I want a great Spider Man game, Treyarch is the best studio doing Call of Duty titles, they are the ones whose games I actually LOVE.

As for Beenox, I think their biggest issue is time, Neither the first ASM nor ASM2 got enough development time, They need 3 or even 4 years to be able to make a game that has no connection whatsoever to movies, They can make their own story, their own thing, if Activision gives them the time and resources.
Oh sweet Jesus.

Is there any Acti studio that hasn't worked on or is currently working on CoD?
It's sad, Activision should have continued with their other IPs as well, they killed way too many IPs, The Saboteur, Prototype, Singularity, Blur, 007, among others.
Here's the launch trailer for anyone interested, starts off CG then goes into game stuff

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNdANl8RyGE
Damn, the marketing of this game is pretty non existent, but this trailer got me excited, so thank you, seeing
Shocker, Harry Osborn, and Carnage
is making me so excited, even though I know it won't be that good, not Arkham-Good.

The beginning with web rush? Yea it did that same crap in the first game, that's why I never used web rush in that way

Nah, I was talking about that first web swing. He did a lot of that web-rush air sticking too in the video. This crap may seem like a small problem to some people but it makes me want to pull my hair out.

Nah, I was talking about that first web swing. He did a lot of that web-rush air sticking too in the video. This crap may seem like a small problem to some people but it makes me want to pull my hair out.

Just saw exactly what you're talking about, seems to be a problem with the anchor points on trees, happens when he's in Central Park as well.

Teddified

This definitely seems like the first game just with some new mechanics and new story. Probably not worth $60 but oh well should be good enough for me.

Respawn

Banned
This looks crap. Is there any chance Sony can get back this licence, give it to SCEI and have Sucker Punch develop good Spider-Man games instead?!

EDIT - actually no; I wouldn't want SP making Spider-Man instead of Infamous as there's a lot more scope with the latter. But for God's sake; give it to a different publisher! Activision aren't even trying any more.
Agreed. This needs a new chef and fast.

I've been disappointed with Spiderman games since the PS2, I should stop caring. The awful city is inexcusable at this point imo. Empty, beige, completely devoid of character. Please God let this license go to someone who actually cares sometime soon.

Looks unsurprisingly rushed but like it could be decent.

All the story stuff' constantly feels off in various ways. And it's weird how tonally it's more like an adaption of the 90's cartoon than the movie it's supposed to be based on.

TimFL

Looks unsurprisingly rushed but like it could be decent.

All the story stuff' constantly feels off in various ways. And it's weird how tonally it's more like an adaption of the 90's cartoon than the movie it's supposed to be based on.

From what I've seen I'm disappointed by the story. It's like it should've taken place in the first game before the lizard is introduced, makes no sense that Spidey is still so invested and obsessed with finding uncle bens killer. Having watched the movie, Electro and Harry look really disappointing too. Would've rather have their movie motives and plot points adapted with the additional villains they have as a bonus ontop. Movie spoilers:
Wouldn't even surprise me if they don't have Gwen in this game in order to not spoil the events of the movie.

The stealth looks pretty arkham, but its weird that everyone says combat does. Besides counter prompt, it seems more like something like sleeping dogs where its about comboing 1 enemy vs flowing back and forth in batman.

Pikawil

Unconfirmed Member
Please God let this license go to someone who actually cares sometime soon.
I wouldn't bet on it:

Disney is very skittish about investing in games internally due to former failures.

That said they've been gathering up all the outstanding Marvel game licenses for some reason.
Prob for Disney infinity Marvel
Hmm, I would have thought that the kids game license coming back from THQ would have covered that and they wouldn't have needed Activision's.

I was assuming they were going to try another "core game only" mass licensing a la Star Wars, but it's possible that their contract was such that they needed all of them back for Disney Infinity.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Jesus Christ, it looks like he's slinging webs in complete absence of half competent physics. There's no momentum at all.

Yep, it's basically the same shit as before except that it doesn't work in a few areas.
But that was obvious from the earlier videos.

FoneBone

I don't buy that theory. I'd think their licensing deals would have allowed Disney to do something younger or more casual-skewing if they wanted to (let's not forget Ubi's Avengers game that came out while Activision and Capcom's licensing deals were still in effect.)

They have to be at least trying to get an umbrella deal (a la Star Wars) signed, but I can't really see who'd have the resources to take it on. It's apparent that it won't be Activision again, but EA has one big licensing deal already, and Ubisoft would seem to have enough high-profile IPs of it own not to need Marvel's en masse.

Yep, it's basically the same shit as before except that it doesn't work in a few areas.
But that was obvious from the earlier videos.

Yeah, after watching a few more videos I can see now that the web swinging is floaty as hell. So many times he was able to perfectly swing from a web that was connected horizontally. Suddenly, I regret pre-ordering this game. There is nothing salvageable about it.

Arttemis

I don't know why they've felt the need to ditch Web of Shadow's top-tier combat and locomotion mechanics. And it looks like Activision is skimping hardcore on the last-gen systems for this cross-gen cash-in.

This video surely has to be the result of lack of familiarity with how to swing... right? Yeesh.

Kiant

Why is the Steam version so cheap too? something is up. I'm thinking they are doing a last gen console port for the PC, and the PS4 version is the one that is "current gen".

Pre-ordered anyway as it's dirt cheap at the moment.

It's time for a new dev. So much potential.

Right there with ya. Disney need to recall the license to marvel stuff and auction it off to someone who gives a shit. So much potential across a lot of Marvel, Daredevil, Ghost rider, Iron man - instead Activision just pump out half baked Spider man games on a shoe string budget.

Certinty

PS4 footage looks a little better but how the hell there are still popups can only really mean lazy development.

Top Bottom