• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football/Fútbol/Fussball/Calcio/Soccer Thread 2011/12 |OT4| Why always Tokyo Sexwale?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dschalter

Big shouts. Here are mine.

-England to win the Euros, there, I said it. Ireland to make it to the knock out stages.
-Bayern to win the CL against Barca
-City to win the EPL
-Napoli to lose the league on the last day. Heartbreakers I am telling ya.

emot-laugh.gif

Also, I don't think Napoli will even get that close, though it will help if they get knocked out of the CL immediately.

-doicare to have a meltdown when England crashes at the Euros. The euros will be won by Italy.
- City wins the EPL
-Udinese wins Serie a
-Bayern bundesliga
-Real both la liga and CL
-City and United to get eliminated fairly early in Europa League as they can't be bothered

K1LLER7

predictions: -
Portugal to win Euro's (ronaldo player of the tournament)
Madrid to win liga, CL/ Barca cup
United to win EPL/ Tottenham Cup
Juve to win Serie A/ AC Milan Cup
Bayern to win Bundesliga and cup
Man City to win Europa league

Torres leading scorer for 2012 calendar year

Yen

- Spain, Germany, Holland, token surprise (crap) team make it to semis.
- England go out at QF, Ireland out at group stage
:(
, after 3 draws.
- Barçelona win everything.
- City win the Premier League.
- Whoever strengthens most in January and stays injury free gets fourth.
- Blackburn stay up, Kean gets new five year contract.
- AVB gets sacked.

Salazar

I still back United for the league. Two of three things probably need to happen.

We buy quality.
Injury crisis improves.
Rooney and Nani fire in a big way.

Salazar

Lindegaard is a given. Against teams with tall and bulky front men or gigantor defenders who come up - which is almost everyone, really - De Gea is going to be a set piece liability for a while. Especially with Vidic missing. His virtues as a keeper just recede when the box becomes a physical contest. He's quality, he seems a nice lad, and he will develop, but -

Ln2dI.jpg

Sleepy

predictions: -
Juve to win Serie A/ AC Milan Cup

Torres leading scorer for 2012 calendar year

I can only wish, for both. A more accurate prediction for Torres would be sold for a huge loss to a minor club where he toils away for the rest of his career in relative obscurity.

snoopen

Wilshere to get another long term injury

RvP wins golden boot in Euro 2012, Netherlands win, misses out on ballon d'or nomination

Arsenal 4th, United win EPL

Madrid win CL final

LOL. Been camping all weekend and didn't have reception. Just saw the Chelsea and United results once we rounded a mountain.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Can't wait to read through the post by play action.

Bound to happen, already seems like it has following this real picture January stuff.

Hahahahahahahaha.

Happy new year football GAF. Going to be worse for weahter tomorrow.

Why would I be banned for the real photo? Is being the best looking lad in this thread a bannable offense?

Salazar

Phil Jones is as disappointed with the defeat to Blackburn as he was when being part of the Rovers team demolished 7-1 in the corresponding fixture last season.

However, the centre-back insists the champions will bounce back from the major disappointment by looking to win at Newcastle on Wednesday.

United missed the chance to usurp Manchester City at the top of the table and Jones was clearly dejected afterwards, feeling the champions have nobody to blame but themselves.

"Gutted pretty much sums that day up," he told MUTV. "And on his [Sir Alex's] birthday too. We weren't at the races today and we punished ourselves in the first half. We were too slow, too laboured and not quick enough. We're just generally disappointed."

When asked why the Reds started so lethargically, he replied: "I don't know. You'll have to ask everyone how they thought they felt but, from my point of view, probably everybody's point of view, we should have kicked on from there but we'll pick ourselves up and go again on Wednesday night.

"The injuries don't help but it's no excuse. We weren't good enough, nowhere near good enough. We've just got to kick on from here and get back to winning ways."

Jones admitted he felt coming back to 2-2 so quickly after falling two goals behind, thanks to a Dimitar Berbatov brace, may not have helped United's cause in the long run.

"I think that was our downfall," he reasoned. "Coming back too soon. I think we thought we'd won it

The "coming back too quickly" bit seems like bollocks. If we hadn't got those goals in quick succession I don't think we would have got them.

Splatt

Happy New Year, footie gaf :)

I hope your favorite teams fulfill your expectations in 2012 :) And if not, atleast the world will end, so I guess it doesn't really matter :p

Stay fun and stay classy football gaf, I wish to enjoy many more years of footie talk here :)

Yeah, yeah, obligatory turn of year pleasantries to everyone and Salazar.

Man I am so happy for Jeffy Albatross. That guy deserves all the happiness he can devour, even though I disagree with him about Keane, and his horrendously inept opinions on goalkeeping. To see United tonked at home by the cellar dwellers was quite stunning. Hope you enjoy it mate, and I hope it distracts from the Keane stuff for a few days.

I think I'd hate to be a Chelsea fan more though. Fucking terrible! That gap left by Luiz and Terry was defending akin to an Under 8's league. Nonsensical preemptive run by Luiz and slow reaction by Terry, but Chelsea looked rubbish all over the pitch and Lampard giving the ball away for AV's final goal summed up Chelsea.

Good to see Tottenham held aswell. Shame Liverpool won but at the same time glad Bellamy was able to stick it up the doubters. I fully expect City to drop points now that the pressure has eased...

Splatt

Fucking terrible! That gap left by Luiz and Terry was defending akin to an Under 8's league.

When he came to Chelsea, Luiz really impressed me, but he seems to have regressed under AVB. He lacks discipline and is prone to silly mistakes.

Chelsea really needs Ivanovic to be fit, they need a solid and dependable CB. Bosingwa can do a good job as RB, but AVB needs to limit his runs forwards, since he's quite lazy at covering back.

January should be a month where they start looking at buying a good CB and RB.

Predictions?

1. I think City will win the league. Not terribly confident, but United have been running on the fumes from an oily rag for at least a month, so they were bound to fall about at some point. Tremendous effort to keep winning when they were so crippled by injury. It would be an embarrassment if we don't win it, quite honestly.

2. United, Spurs, Arsenal for top 4, in that order.

3. Salazar will continue to ignore my invitations for a night at the Pig, or hope that I (or he, more likely) will cop a permaban so he doesn't have to face up.

4. Ba for golden boot!

5. Liverpool will finish 6th, and after another year of Koptimism, it will all be for naught once again. :lol

Salazar

It's looking that way, this one looks like it might have legs.

Hard to tell when the sources for this kind of affair tend to be the Mirror, the Daily Mail, the Sun, the Star.

Sunday Express: John Terry is a target for China's top two clubs, who will offer him an escape route from the unsavoury race row overshadowing his season

Oh, I would laugh.

Lakitu

st5fu
2012 predictions:

-Liverpool will beat Man City both in Carling Cup and the Premier League.
-Liverpool will win the Carling Cup.
-Man City will win the league even after a dip in form because they won't be able to outshit Man Utd.
-Chelsea will win the FA Cup.
-Chelsea will have a better second half to the season, AVB will remain in job and they will spend a lot in January.
-Kermit will post 200 more unsuccessful trolls.
-Torres will go in the summer.
-Spurs' form will dip and Harry Redknapp will do more 'bargain' buying in January while talking up the England job.

rodvik

When he came to Chelsea, Luiz really impressed me, but he seems to have regressed under AVB. He lacks discipline and is prone to silly mistakes.

Chelsea really needs Ivanovic to be fit, they need a solid and dependable CB. Bosingwa can do a good job as RB, but AVB needs to limit his runs forwards, since he's quite lazy at covering back.

January should be a month where they start looking at buying a good CB and RB.

To be fair to Luiz if you look at the replay he assumes Meireles has got Clarks inside pass covered so he goes to cover the outside run. In fact Meireles gives up the split second Luiz makes his move, Clark passes and Petrov tucks home (man our Captain is on fire this season).

So yeah Luiz is to blame but equally so is Meireles.

Kozak

Banned
AVB is just not as good a manager as you guys thought.

He is way too young to be managing a club as big as Chelsea.

He should've stayed at Porto and made a switch when he was 40 or such after perfecting his style.

AVB is just not as good a manager as you guys thought.

He is way too young to be managing a club as big as Chelsea.

He should've stayed at Porto and made a switch when he was 40 or such after perfecting his style.

Kozak, please post more. I enjoy your well-informed interjections.

Also, Vincent Kompany has joined Twitter, so I'm sure those who partake in that social media tomfoolery may be interested.

kitch9

Banned
Not putting much credibility in it, really. The Patrick Collins Mail article on it is a particular disgrace.

I know as it makes out Rooneys in trouble for going for a meal with his mrs.

I don't imagine for one second that it's as simple as that.

dc89

He. Is. Alive!

Kermit, if you are on Twitter you may like to know that Kompany is now on it too. @Vincentkompany.

Verified account and confirmed by MCFC too.

He. Is. Alive!

Kermit, if you are on Twitter you may like to know that Kompany is now on it too. @Vincentkompany.

Verified account and confirmed by MCFC too.

Yeah, I just posted about it above. ; )

I'd love to see Joe Hart or Adam Johnson on there, but you can't have everything. Lucky you and I have that fucking brilliant City website, eh? Eases the pain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom