• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football/Fútbol/Fussball/Calcio/Soccer Thread 2011/12 |OT4| Why always Tokyo Sexwale?

Status
Not open for further replies.

snoopen

Would love some truth in the Mail's rumor of Podolski -> Arsenal but just cannot see the club spending. Hopefully Ox gets more time with Gerv away - i'm sure he'll be learning lots from Henry as well as the rest of the team absorbing Henry's maturity / presence.

DaNcaKe

Ayone looking forward to FA cup third round next weekend?

Fuck yeah.

We've (Wrexham) had a pretty tough run so far, beating fellow promotion candidates from the BSBP and knocked out L1 Brentford at their place last round.
If Brighton continue their dire run of form I actually fancy us to get a result there. We've conceded 3 in last 13 league games, picking up 10 clean sheets. They'll more than likely play fringe and youth players too.

Can't wait to visit their stadium, looks pretty sexy.
Also we're skint so if possible a draw and a replay at the Racecourse :p

Hell no. Blackburn have already dumped us out of one cup, and now they're holding Liverpool at Anfield and beating Man Utd at Old Trafford.

I imagine we'll play a reserve reserve team we can't afford any more injuries

Cheers for the kind words kermdog too much fresh air affected you it seems

Yesterday's result is just as good today

dc89

Just done deadline day on FIFA12 and I moved for Lavezzi, but Napoli just said NO!

So I moved for Hazard and he's just scored on his debut. Is this a premonition?

dc89

I thought he had retired!

Who was the fatty they sold to West Ham, I'm probably thinking of him.

No. Him and Salgado can't be included in e match day squads at the moment because if they play a clause is triggered in their contracts which extend the current deal and Kean has been told they can not play no matter what. By the Venky's.

elsk

Banned
Just done deadline day on FIFA12 and I moved for Lavezzi, but Napoli just said NO!

So I moved for Hazard and he's just scored on his debut. Is this a premonition?

Sounds boring. Look for unknown talents, cheaper and more fun.

I was thinking of Benny McCartney.

If that is true it wouldn't be the first time a Chairman has imposed something like that due to clauses. Emerson Thom played 50 games for Sunderland - 1 more game and they would have had to pay Chelsea more transfer fees. He sat on the bench for the remainder of his contract.

No. Him and Salgado can't be included in e match day squads at the moment because if they play a clause is triggered in their contracts which extend the current deal and Kean has been told they can not play no matter what. By the Venky's.

Yeah we are literally fucked money wise, January will bring sales and maybe a couple of loans in.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
A very belated happy new year to everyone! I just came here to say congrats to Jeff!

edit: lol typos. My head still hurts

elsk

Banned
"The brazilian market is dead" -Wolfgang Holzhäuser (Leverkusen).

So Bremen, Bayern and Leverkusen say bye bye to the brazilian (south american?) market. Don't know about the other two, but Bayern announced a new 'Bayern youth programme' "to focus more on European, more on German and especially on Bavarian players."

Sounds kind of logical, a lot of german talents available + brazilian players prices are fucking ridiculous.

Scum

BBC said:
animated_j on Twitter: "Watching West Brom vs. Everton and the sloppy passing and slow tempo would suggest that this match is plagued with hangovers."
Never a truer word, spoken.

snoopen

Rumors of Walcott demanding a new contract worth £85k pw are outrageous. It's what Robin currently earns and given this stat it's laughable.

"Robin van Persie scored 35 PL goals in 2011. Arsenal's next highest scorers were Walcott with 6, Gervinho 4.”

Manager

Rumors of Walcott demanding a new contract worth £85k pw are outrageous. It's what Robin currently earns and given this stat it's laughable.

"Robin van Persie scored 35 PL goals in 2011. Arsenal's next highest scorers were Walcott with 6, Gervinho 4.”

That's less than Wayne Bridge!

Scum

Silva and Kompany better earn me some FF points today. Disappointed at the lack of hattrick points from van Persie yesterday. >.<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom