• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football/Soccer/Fútbol/Fussball/Calcio Thread 2011/12 |OT2| Everyone plays for City

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forwards £ TS
Di Santo WIG 5.5 26
Klasnic BOL 6.3 23
Long WBA 6.1 18
Best NEW 5.0 17
Hoilett BLA 6.0 16
Fletcher WOL 6.3 15
Jones STO 6.4 14
Rochina BLA 4.9 14
Davies K BOL 6.4 14
Smith QPR 5.0 13

Out of this players, who would you lot pick for fantasy team?

Edit: Thinking long term.

GorillaJu

Ugh, horrible injury to Swansea's Neil Taylor from a clash with Odemwingie.

Kyle, out of those I would pick Long, but he hasn't scored this week or last so may not be the best choice.

Sage00 said:
Close call between that and the one for taking your shirt off without a t-shirt underneath.

sazabirules said:
Hey I learned from my local league (MLS) that you still carded for taking off the jersey while wearing another one underneath.
Don't think it's so much about not having an under shirt. I believe it has something to do with the sponsors. Good screen time for them when a goal is scored and all that.

odd_morsel said:
Ugh, horrible injury to Swansea's Neil Taylor from a clash with Odemwingie.

Kyle, out of those I would pick Long, but he hasn't scored this week or last so may not be the best choice.
I have Kevin Davies at the minute, but part of me wants rid of him. Don't know what to do.

Blackhead

Redarse
Kylehimself said:
Forwards £ TS
Di Santo WIG 5.5 26
Klasnic BOL 6.3 23
Long WBA 6.1 18
Best NEW 5.0 17
Hoilett BLA 6.0 16
Fletcher WOL 6.3 15
Jones STO 6.4 14
Rochina BLA 4.9 14
Davies K BOL 6.4 14
Smith QPR 5.0 13

Out of this players, who would you lot pick for fantasy team?

Edit: Thinking long term.
I'd narrow it down to di santo (he's a selfish bugger :p), jones (decent record imo) and Davies (he takes their penalties)

Greyface said:
I'd narrow it down to di santo (he's a selfish bugger :p), jones (decent record imo) and Davies (he takes their penalties)
I was leaning toward Di Santo based purely on his points so far, but don't know that that's wise.

rodvik

Carbonox_Ratchet said:
Hah Barton being a dick against Wolves. How I miss him.

I'll take the draw against Aston Villa though. Still 4th, still unbeaten.

You should have won, we played crap. Maybe we had 20 mins of playing decent the whole game. We only scraped a point because of Given.

I have no idea what is going on with our tactics but how you can manage one or two chances on goal the whole game with our attacking line up I have no idea.

Sad, sad display. Fairplay to Newcastle whose fans were also louder than the home crowd.

Disappointing.

Why are all the crap clubs scheduled on one night, and all the good ones scheduled on another? Doesn't make a lick of sense. Why will the Chelsea/United game start halfway through City v Wigan, forcing me to run back and forth in the pub like a trolley'd retard?

Why not have an interesting match like Liverpool v Tottenham anchor Saturday, and then Chelsea/United anchor the Sunday? AND IMPLEMENT FRIDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL FOR FUCKS SAKE.

Goodnight.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Kermit The Dog said:
Why are all the crap clubs scheduled on one night, and all the good ones scheduled on another? Doesn't make a lick of sense. Why will the Chelsea/United game start halfway through City v Wigan, forcing me to run back and forth in the pub like a trolley'd retard?

Why not have an interesting match like Liverpool v Tottenham anchor Saturday, and then Chelsea/United anchor the Sunday? AND IMPLEMENT FRIDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL FOR FUCKS SAKE.

Goodnight.

They're letting the teams who play in Europe play on Sunday. It's pretty simple.

Interesting match? You're a fool if you don't think there weren't any interesting matches today.

Carbonox

rodvik said:
You should have won, we played crap. Maybe we had 20 mins of playing decent the whole game. We only scraped a point because of Given.

I have no idea what is going on with our tactics but how you can manage one or two chances on goal the whole game with our attacking line up I have no idea.

Sad, sad display. Fairplay to Newcastle whose fans were also louder than the home crowd.

Disappointing.

Yeah, Given was world class and stopped us from banging in a good couple more.

I don't think Newcastle fans should be awfully worried about our lack of top striker. Such an overplayed thing as well. We have players who can score. We would have put in a few goals today had Given not pulled off the performance of the day. Cabaye was sensational as per and could have had two or three himself.

What pisses me off is Pardew's decision to take off Best. Shola Ameobi can not do a single thing right. Best and Sammy Ameobi would have been a lot more comfortable going in to the last 10 minute barrage you suffered.

Kermit The Dog said:

Goodnight.

Unlike with most other sports, there's MULTIPLE COMPETITIONS at once eijit. Friday night football exists, usually Sky have a Football League Championship game on. But you won't get the top teams on Friday because of Europe/Cups in midweek. Plus you can't screen football between 3pm and 5:30pm on a Saturday on English TV. There's a blackout to protect the lower league teams. So naturally the more attractive games are moved into other slots so they can be on TV. This means Sunday/Monday.

sazabirules said:
They're letting the teams who play in Europe play on Sunday. It's pretty simple.

Interesting match? You're a fool if you don't think there weren't any interesting matches today.

Interesting by result, not premise.

Perhaps 'irrelevant clubs' is more apt a description... Yes, let's go with that.

Dark Machine said:
Unlike with most other sports, there's MULTIPLE COMPETITIONS at once eijit. Friday night football exists, usually Sky have a Football League Championship game on. But you won't get the top teams on Friday because of Europe/Cups in midweek. Plus you can't screen football between 3pm and 5:30pm on a Saturday on English TV. There's a blackout to protect the lower league teams. So naturally the more attractive games are moved into other slots so they can be on TV. This means Sunday/Monday.

Fair points. Cheers for the info mate.

rodvik

Carbonox_Ratchet said:
Yeah, Given was world class and stopped us from banging in a good couple more.

I don't think Newcastle fans should be awfully worried about our lack of top striker. Such an overplayed thing as well. We have players who can score. We would have put in a few goals today had Given not pulled off the performance of the day. Cabaye was sensational as per and could have had two or three himself.

What pisses me off is Pardew's decision to take off Best. Shola Ameobi can not do a single thing right. Best and Sammy Ameobi would have been a lot more comfortable going in to the last 10 minute barrage you suffered.

Yeah Cabaye was amazing. Against a mortal keeper that one wonder shot should have gone in. Class shot.

God knows how the hell we are going to turn things around. I have no idea how so many good players in villas squad conspire to look so poor.

Kermit The Dog said:
Fair points. Cheers for the info mate.

No problem. It's a little known fact that there's never a 3pm Saturday game on TV in order to protect lower league attendance levels. I didn't know until quite recently. It's a ridiculous rule that should really be scrapped. With all the 'ways and means' to watch footy these days, people WILL stay home and watch United/Liverpool/Chelsea etc etc. instead of Grimsby Town IF they really want to. It'd mean a bit less moving around of fixtures as well, making it more convenient for fans that really want to go.

They even had to delay the screening of the Barca game last week by half an hour because of that stupid rule.

rodvik said:
God knows how the hell we are going to turn things around. I have no idea how so many good players in villas squad conspire to look so poor.

Learn from West Ham, and fire your manager. I've never understood the practice of hiring a manager immediately after he relegated a team from the premiership. If he wasn't good enough for that team, why on earth would he be good enough for your's? Villa are a far better team than Birmingham were last year, which probably rules out relegation - this year. McLeish is the new Souness.

bonesmccoy said:
Learn from West Ham, and fire your manager. I've never understood the practice of hiring a manager immediately after he relegated a team from the premiership. If he wasn't good enough for that team, why on earth would he be good enough for your's? Villa are a far better team than Birmingham were last year, which probably rules out relegation - this year. McLeish is the new Souness.

Beware the old adage "Too good to go down..." it's one of the biggest lies in the game.

I personally think that Bent's goals will keep Villa above the scrap, but they need to find some form and a couple more players to ascend above lower mid-table this season.

rodvik

bonesmccoy said:

Sadly it aint gonna happen. Our board have a tin ear, remember our first choice for managers was Wigan.... We didnt even consider bigger names.

rodvik

Dark Machine said:
Beware the old adage "Too good to go down..." it's one of the biggest lies in the game.

I personally think that Bent's goals will keep Villa above the scrap, but they need to find some form and a couple more players to ascend above lower mid-table this season.

Agreed. We nearly went down last year :( Right now we are on just about the same points we were this time last year, and we havent played any of the top six yet.....

Yen

rodvik said:
Sadly it aint gonna happen. Our board have a tin ear, remember our first choice for managers was Wigan.... We didnt even consider bigger names.
Funny how most of your fans didn't want Rafa Benitez then.

Kozak

Banned
BatmanBatmanBatman said:
I have no idea how good Santos is but I am still sure Mertesacker will be good in the long run for Arsenal. Give them some time to adjust before judging them, anything else would be silly.

But : loooooool arsenal.

Every Fenerbahce fan in this thread commented that Santos would approve Arsenals attack. Defensively your stuck with the same level as what Arsenal currently has.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Kweh said:
Can't wait for us to go to Spurs in a few weeks :|

gallas_1893491c.jpg

143857hp2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom