• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT7| Avaya ever heard anything like it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
Yeah it was a penalty. But like doicare said, decisions have gone against us. I had reason to moan about those ones and now they've evened themselves out. So the ones that didn't complain about those ones doing it now, WRAGHHHH. And it's only with United there's a conspiracy hahaha

Yeah it was a penalty. But like doicare said, decisions have gone against us. I had reason to moan about those ones and now they've evened themselves out. So the ones that didn't complain about those ones doing it now, WRAGHHHH. And it's only with United there's a conspiracy hahaha

Decisions go for and against every team. Just take each one at face value, rather than trying to balance them out with a +/-.

Wilbur

Banned
Decisions go for and against every team. Just take each one at face value, rather than trying to balance them out with a +/-.

I guess so. But some wank City fan at uni is going to say this might cost them the title and I'll have to respond with Balotelii stuff

I was with you until you cited doicare.

spidye

Sf14B.png

KuGsj.gif

I think, for the first time in my life I feel bad for milan.

nah....

I guess so. But some wank City fan at uni is going to say this might cost them the title and I'll have to respond with Balotelii stuff

Anyone who blames a refereeing decision for costing them a title needs a slap around the face. Too many games and chances in a season for a ref to be the sole factor in why a team didn't win.
The only time I'd even allow anyone to muse over the idea would be if it was 1st v 2nd. Same points. Same goal difference. Last game of the season and the ref dropped a clanger.

dc89

Anyone who blames a refereeing decision for costing them a title needs a slap around the face. Too many games and chances in a season for a ref to be the sole factor in why a team didn't win.
The only time I'd even allow anyone to muse over the idea would be if it was 1st v 2nd. Same points. Same goal difference. Last game of the season and the ref dropped a clanger.

Don't tempt anything! It's feasible for City and United to go in to the Derby level on points and at this rate GD.

:(

Clegg

Remind him of the times City threw away points this season.

Loss at Swansea
Draw at Stoke
Loss at Everton
Loss at Sunderland

All away games and all since the start of the new year.

Salazar

Good night, that. Apart from over-tipping a barmaid and then being told that they don't have Sky and she doesn't know a pub nearby that does. And sprinting, cider and fish and chips sloshing around in me, back to college, evading critical social humiliation on the way, to stick on the stream. And then watching us bungle pretty much every chance we created, and almost piss it away at the death.

To be fair, though, I asked for three points, and I was given three points.

Man City fans having fun with Michael Oliver's wikipedia entry:
Michael Oliver has made some very harsh decisions over the years,and is basically a very hated referee. Most of his decisions have particularly been harsh or generally opposing towards Manchester City FC,with a lot of his referee decisions being in the Favor of Manchester United FC. For Example,The Recent Game against Fulhan FC Which he officiated,he made a truly disgraceful decision in the 90Th minute,turning down a stonewall penalty.Many regarded this as a decision he could be given Capital Punishment for and Activist groups against Awful Referees have apparently been planning the Assassination of Oliver,27. This decision could may well have ruined Manchester City FC's Title hopes and once again,practically gifted the title to rivals Manchester United.This is yet another example of the Tossers at the FA being very biased towards Manchester United FC,Particularly the Referees. Criticized by many,this will go down as the turning point in the title race. Fucking Wanker

dc89

Stay classy City fans!

But I did say at the start of the season if City were to win the league they'd be up against 20 teams, the FA, the officials, the media.

GAF may ask, how can they be against 20 teams, there are 19 other times and City make 20. Well trust me, City can be their own worst enemy at times and we've seen it already.

Messi

Webb was 4th official tonight. You can imagine him speaking to Oliver down the headset.

"don't even dare think about it."

I have a good feeling about it. Come on Blackburn.

Ho-ho-ho it's going to be glorious! I haven't come up with a name for it yet. Vanday? Robday? Persday?

I need to think. I'll consult Kermit on Twitter!

tumblr_lkez9vCvhR1qg3jxao1_500.gif

RVP is coming with us, and we don't need stupid names for his arrival. :p

Clegg

I honestly think that RVP will sign that new contract with Arsenal. The Arse will break their wage structure for him and he'll put his signature on that dotted line.

They are in good form right now and in position to finish in the CL places. Arsenal could challenge for the title next season, with a few adjustments to the squad and maybe 1 or 2 signings

Clegg

That sounds awfully familiar.

Wenger has gotten it wrong so many times that he's bound to learn from his mistakes, eventually. Arsenal won't always be half season wonders.

They still need proper cover at centre half as Mertesacker is a donkey. You can see the dip in quality when he plays instead of Koscielney or Vermaelen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom