• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT7| Avaya ever heard anything like it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Messi

Btw, since I'm moving to Argentina this year... I've been thinking about studying to be a coach in the future. You can enter the course when you're 25 so I still have 5 years to complete my university career first, and then try to do the 2 year career to become an official FIFA coach. I'm kind of excited.

Remember us when you become the next big thing.

Sloosha

bygodkbctt.gif

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Joe Corona, yeah. He also could have been called up by either Mexico or El Salvador.

This USA vs El Salvador game is intense. There's blood.

GorillaJu

Has anyone ever noticed that there's a curiously high frequency of Chamakh's face being used in various clips/collages, etc.?

I've noticed this since last season, but I seem to see his face pop up a LOT on websites, TV shows (in clips) used as a representative for the PL. Always struck me as odd.

I'm really disappointed at not managing to secure a ticket for the game tonight though. Some real crazy shit went down with the tickets.

THOUSANDS of disgruntled fans of Nicosia football team APOEL were yesterday forced to leave the GSP Stadium in the capital empty handed, after queuing for hours to secure a ticket to their team’s Champions League match to Real Madrid on Tuesday.
Some had slept in the stadium’s car park overnight to be sure to get their hands on the much-desired tickets, while others started arriving from as early as 2 am.

But what really riled fans was that it wasn’t until around 11.30am when an announcement was made that there would be a limited amount of tickets available.

Even though APOEL couldn’t be reached later yesterday to confirm numbers, fans said there couldn’t have been more than 300 to 500 tickets available at the stadium. Many were baffled over where all the 22,500 tickets went.

I'm just glad I wasn't one of the people camping out there over night, I would have turned into HULK mode if so.

panty

I wasn't serious. ;)

Although it would be amazing with a full on Madrid meltdown.

It wouldn't be amazing at all... I'd probably explode.

APOEL 1 - 2 Madrid

Chelsea 3 - 0 Benfica

Madrid have been crappy away so they'll only lead 0-2 and APOEL will score a late goal.

Lightning

Banned
And so the drama of Inter Milan and their coaches continues.... Sooner or later Moratti will realize that much like the situation at Chelsea it's not the fucking coach to blame. Chelsea and Inter have a lot in common, their squad is too fucking old being the biggest problem.

Blablurn

And so the drama of Inter Milan and their coaches continues.... Sooner or later Moratti will realize that much like the situation at Chelsea it's not the fucking coach to blame. Chelsea and Inter have a lot in common, their squad is too fucking old being the biggest problem.

see van gaal going to inter lol. that would bring the lulz.

Fantomex

That's hat happens when you let Mourinho take over. No youth system whatsoever.

Salazar

Eyes so red. Diet, drink, football, sleep deprivation, GAF. Not a good look.

Ferguson says United "were lucky" about the Murphy (non) pen.

He also thinks, lol, that we should have got one when Evra drilled it against that bloke's arm.

Eyes so red. Diet, drink, football, sleep deprivation, GAF. Not a good look.

Ferguson says United "were lucky" about the Murphy (non) pen.

He also thinks, lol, that we should have got one when Evra drilled it against that bloke's arm.

We were lucky. But overall we played decently and we did deserve the victory.

[/bias]

:p

elseanio

With the lovely weather, I think this is gonna make it

|OT8| Sunhi with a chance of .GIFs

Also, anyone else feel a 'Get well Muamba' etc should be in the title?

Damn no free channel here with the TV rights, the best source here swiss TV decided to move football to their niche channel and show ice hockey instead on the main channel. I really would like to see Reals game tonight on my TV.

Damn no free channel here with the TV rights, the best source here swiss TV decided to move football to their niche channel and show ice hockey instead on the main channel. I really would like to see Reals game tonight on my TV.

Isn't it like an E.U. law or some shit that states that at least one of the games should be broadcast on a free-for-all tv-channel?

Or does that apply only for the semis and the final and other than those, one game per week?

confuziz

Banned
Isn't it like an E.U. law or some shit that states that at least one of the games should be broadcast on a free-for-all tv-channel?

Or does that apply only for the semis and the final and other than those, one game per week?

A law? lol, you're taking things a bit too far =P

A law? lol, you're taking things a bit too far =P

maybe I am... :p

But there's some sort of rule about it it seems, because the semis, the final and at least one game per week is always shown on free-for-all channels here.

Also the all the Euro and World Cup games are always on free-for-all channels.

otherwise I'm sure that here in Cyprus were anything goes, some fucker would definitely have snatched the rights for them all, making us all pay for it :p

sohois

Britain has laws forcing certain sporting events to be on free to air channels, so stuff like the World Cup & the Euros have to be shown on terrestrial channels (as well as events like Wimbledon & the Ashes, etc.) but I don;t know if there is an E.U. wide law; seems like it would be too difficult to organize were it done E.U. wide.

maybe I am... :p

But there's some sort of rule about it it seems, because the semis, the final and at least one game per week is always shown on free-for-all channels here.

Also the all the Euro and World Cup games are always on free-for-all channels.

otherwise I'm sure that here in Cyprus were anything goes, some fucker would definitely have snatched the rights for them all, making us all pay for it :p

Yeap, here ya go:

A Football World Cup final or the Olympic Games only on pay-TV, these are the scenarios which the EU wanted to prevent from happening.

Therefore, the AVMSD lays down framework conditions to enable Member States to ensure that broadcasters under its jurisdiction do not broadcast on an exclusive basis events of major importance for society in such a way as to deprive a substantial proportion of the public of the possibility of following such events. Each Member State is entitled to draw up a list of events which are seen as being of major importance for society. Besides that, on the basis of the principle of mutual recognition, Member States must ensure that broadcasters under their jurisdiction respect the lists of other Member States which notified them to the Commission.

The events concerned may be national or other, such as the Olympic Games, the Football World Cup or the European Football Championship, an inauguration, marriage or burial of a king, queen or head of state, or an important cultural event. According to Article 14 of the AVMSD, Member States notify the Commission of the measures they take, or intend to take, concerning the exercise of exclusive broadcasting rights to events of major importance for society. The Commission must seek the opinion of the Committee pursuant to Article 29 of the Directive (the so-called "Contact Committee" composed of representatives of all Member States), and it must assess the compatibility of the national measures with European Union Law. In case of positive outcome of this evaluation process, the measures are published in the Official Journal of the European Union.

http://ec.europa.eu/avpolicy/reg/tvwf/events/index_en.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom