• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT7| Avaya ever heard anything like it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Britain has laws forcing certain sporting events to be on free to air channels, so stuff like the World Cup & the Euros have to be shown on terrestrial channels (as well as events like Wimbledon & the Ashes, etc.) but I don;t know if there is an E.U. wide law; seems like it would be too difficult to organize were it done E.U. wide.

Yeap, there is something. See my post above!!! :)

Kinda witless, but still fitting:

|OT8| City Hunter
+ someone photoshop a Utd. jersey into:
M2Enw.jpg

Isn't it like an E.U. law or some shit that states that at least one of the games should be broadcast on a free-for-all tv-channel?

Or does that apply only for the semis and the final and other than those, one game per week?

I wish. Our national TV channel bought the rights this year for the wednesday games, swiss TV has rights to tuesday and wednesday but due to schedule they moved the game to a channel I can't get.

Austria national TV gets ~30€/month from me but still decided to stop renewal of CL TV rights due to cost and "national interest" because Austrian football clubs mostly play Euro Leauge (and even there they are lousy).

But I must admit we have a really good supply on football on TV here so I hopefully never have to resort to SKY.

spidye

Btw, since I'm moving to Argentina this year... I've been thinking about studying to be a coach in the future. You can enter the course when you're 25 so I still have 5 years to complete my university career first, and then try to do the 2 year career to become an official FIFA coach. I'm kind of excited.

wow. so you'll be a bayern coach in 20 years?

panty

With the lovely weather, I think this is gonna make it

|OT8| Sunhi with a chance of .GIFs

Also, anyone else feel a 'Get well Muamba' etc should be in the title?

No and no.

Damn no free channel here with the TV rights, the best source here swiss TV decided to move football to their niche channel and show ice hockey instead on the main channel. I really would like to see Reals game tonight on my TV.

Why don't you just use a stream or something.

Why don't you just use a stream or something.

That would be the last resort, especially since most streams I reccently checked have been so pixelated and with arabic (???) commentators I lost interest. Also I like to have friends come over to watch football games and having a beer in front of a TV is more social than staring at my notebook screen ;-)

I might play around a bit today if I can stream directly to my TV via PS3 or something - might do it if nothing else comes up.

FootballFan

Wait will we have to make new OT during the game then?? :S
It might not get that far though.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT8|

You guys fill in the rest.

edit: my choice

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT8| Community. :(

Wilbur

Banned
Fill me in hahahah

I remember MTV did a poll of the greatest albums ever. Thriller predictably won but Craig David's Born To Do It was second. Southampton's greatest export.

Looking forward to the games tonight. Will probably watch Madrid on t'telly and Chelsea on Sky Go

Messi

Remember I was worried that Breaking Bad season 4 would not make it out in time for my June trip to USA? today they announced this:

Breaking Bad: The Complete Fourth Season streets on June 5th.

W00t, arrives the day I arrive. So excited.

I'm bored hearing about him and Pogba, Pogba less so, but still.

I think it shows how poor Man U's midfield is, if people are putting their hopes on Tom Cleverly - who admittedly can move the ball 10 yards forward more often than not - and Paul Pogba, who has played a handful of senior MINUTES.

Remember I was worried that Breaking Bad season 4 would not make it out in time for my June trip to USA? today they announced this:

Breaking Bad: The Complete Fourth Season streets on June 5th.

W00t, arrives the day I arrive. So excited.

OH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

I wish It was being picked up by someone in the UK :(

Carbonox

So according to Goal, french club Angers are trialing a u17 Cameroonian named Lionel Messi. lol. Would be great if he became a top player.

Madness. I swear in Africa the parents throw random names at the wall and hope shit sticks. Tokyo Sexwale (god bless him), Goodluck Jonathan, etc. :lol Kinda cool in a way. Better than John Smith though there's probably someone out there named that.

Side note: I don't mean to be offensive at all; more of a light-hearted remark on many African names.

Salazar

I think it shows how poor Man U's midfield is, if people are putting their hopes on Tom Cleverly - who admittedly can move the ball 10 yards forward more often than not - and Paul Pogba, who has played a handful of senior MINUTES.

lol, we're not though. It's just a windup. They're going to be good, but please don't mistake the tone.

Messi

OH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

I wish It was being picked up by someone in the UK :(

Yeah that shit is annoying, same thing happened with the blu's of dexter in the uk. Apparently that is being fixed in june.

It also seems as though 21 Jump Street will be released the day I am leaving, awesomesauce, want to see that. Now PLEASE give me a june release date for Safe house. <3 me some Denzel, regardless of how crap the film is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom