• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT21| Robben learns to score in finals three years late

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clegg

It's not like Bayern fans crashed the celebrations when man u, barca or juve gaf was partying here... but yeah, we post pictures and gifs and everyone goes mad. crazy.
But you also ended a thread prematurely for no reason.

What was the point in doing that?

Blablurn

Just one question, what's worse one day of BayernGAF celebrating or having to deal for one year with all of that fuckBayern BS for no legitimate reason. It's okay for other fans to taunt when the teams play each other or what not, but what happened in the past year was CRAZY. It literally brought out the worst in people. It's like Bayern is the nemesis of footyGAF. TBH I don't even know why I continue to post here, you can be 100% reasonable and people still will go out of their way to troll you. That's not fun.

word . it's not even 24h old and yet, people are sick of us. i never complained about other guys celebrating. didnt even complained in the last two years where dortmund was celebrating.

But you also ended a thread prematurely for no reason.

What was the point in doing that?

i asked people if they mind if i make a new thread. there was no complaining.

FootballFan

Bayern GAF post all you want.
3AQmK.gif
It's your day/week.
3AQmK.gif

No need to shit on the other teams (including BVB) though.

Yep, the complaining is so bad, especially when the same people would probably have laughed their asses off at Bayern fans if they asked "stop posting so many gifs" had Dortmund won the final.

There'd just be hundreds of massive HD pictures of Klopp. Don't forget the thousands of Robben crying pictures that probably would have been posted too.

Put the ones spamming gifs on your ignore list if it's that annoying. Problem solved.

Bla shouldn't have made the thread 20 pages too soon though, I agree with that.

GorillaJu

Just one question, what's worse one day of BayernGAF celebrating or having to deal for one year with all of that fuckBayern BS for no legitimate reason. It's okay for other fans to taunt when the teams play each other or what not, but what happened in the past year was CRAZY. It literally brought out the worst in people. It's like Bayern is the nemesis of footyGAF. TBH I don't even know why I continue to post here, you can be 100% reasonable and people still will go out of their way to troll you. That's not fun.

Me too man. I'm probably the most reasonable, level-headed and un-biased poster on NeoGaf, but I still get trolled by people and I can't figure out why.

qindarka

Banned

You know, there is a legitimate point to be made about excessive negativity and hostility disguised and excused as banter. It is hard to symphatize, though, when you have posters like Schweini throwing shit at other clubs and then whining about Bayern being hated. I can understand if you can't take it, but then don't dish it out either.

Also, it's not the celebrating that's the problem. It was more so Blablurn's (a poster whom I usually like) excessively hostile put down of Dortmund. Also Schweini's bullshit post after Mandzukic's goal in the CL thread. It is really not hard to understand why this would invite hostility in return. As to what happened earlier in the year, the FuckBayern stuff mostly started as a joke but seemed to escalate from there when it was not taken well. Again, there is a point to be made about humour not translating well on the internet, how these words can still hurt fans' feelings etc, but Bayern fans are not immune from this sort of behaviour towards other clubs either.

Anyway, season is over, now begins the horrible off-season.

Hoping for some top-notch transfer muppetry.

Sad to see Arnie taking a break but at least we won't have to listen to him prattling on about LFC's shitty youth players! Every cloud...

confuziz

Banned
Anyway, season is over, now begins the horrible off-season.

Hoping for some top-notch transfer muppetry.

Sad to see Arnie taking a break but at least we won't have to listen to him prattling on about LFC's shitty youth players! Every cloud...

We are still going to see some Roma tears (either way) tonight!

spidye

some of you guys are seriously pathetic.

we aren't even allowed to celebrate the most important cup in european football for a full day.

and lol at communal space.
wow

Coppa Italia between Roma-Lazio in three hours.

PSY (Gangam style) is going to sing before the game.

/WRIST

Aw shit I'm going to miss that. Fucking five-a-side. I'm so so so sorry for that. I really am, I wish I could just watch that Psy performance.

I don't know which is worse, him or fucking Arisa singing our national anthem last year.

I expect stabbed butts.

kharma45

i asked people if they mind if i make a new thread. there was no complaining.

Probably because people were ignoring you as it was mixed in with the usual BAAAAAYERRRNNNN stuff, and you said later on. People probably expected it to be when we hit 20K as per usual.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

fuenf

Bla

Fry8

I swear to god no one hates Bayern*. Saying 'Fuck Bayern' is just a funny meme/inside joke here. Kinda like 'Juved', 'Brown envelopes', 'Faggie/Froggie', 'Bacon is racist', 'Ibra/Arteta (pen.) and Anderson fucking donkeys. It's all in good fun.

*BVB GAF and a few ManU supporters hate them for legitimate reasons.

Messi

fuenf

Bla

Fry8

I swear to god no one hates Bayern*. Saying 'Fuck Bayern' is just a funny meme/inside joke here. Kinda like 'Juved', 'Brown envelopes', 'Faggie/Froggie', 'Bacon is racist', 'Ibra/Arteta (pen.) and Anderson fucking donkeys. It's all in good fun.

FuckJuve

FootballFan

I hope when I see this thread tomorrow it's back to normal.

Congrats again to Bayern-GAF and hard luck to Dortmund guys. Well played and an entertaining final.

The rest of you need to build fucking massive bridges.

Good night.

some of you guys are seriously pathetic.

we aren't even allowed to celebrate the most important cup in european football for a full day.

and lol at communal space.
wow

For the record, I'm just joking.

Congrats, enjoy it, you've certainly had to wait long enough :)

spidye

I hope when I see this thread tomorrow it's back to normal.

Congrats again to Bayern-GAF and hard luck to Dortmund guys. Well played and an entertaining final.

The rest of you need to build fucking massive bridges.

Good night.

good night, fcbro

For the record, I'm just joking.

Congrats, enjoy it, you've certainly had to wait long enough :)

I know you're just joking, but making a off season thread just so you don't have to see fans celebrating is a bit much

fuenf

fuenf

Bla

Fry8

It's not when it's used by some people in almost every discussion. Post something Bayern related and you are guaranteed to get at least 2 fuckbayern posts that add absolutely nothing to the discussion. Most of which is coming from EPL-GAF (not Arsenal-GAF) and Bayern didnt even play against their teams. Juve-GAF, Spain-GAF etc. have been class for the most part and and I honestly cant blame Dortmund for their trolling, that's to be expected.

I'm out for today maybe even longer, I'm getting to old to put up with this shit.
You are a great poster Yurt!

GorillaJu

Yo Bayern fans, the biggest problem is that you're relentlessly cheering on your own team. The OP is filled with Bayern pictures - look how many times Muller, Robben and Schweinsteiger's faces appear in the OP.

This isn't a cheer-leading thread, this is a thread for biting cynicism and spiteful venom, with the occasional discussions about masturbation, fecal matter and Wilbury's mom. It's more like a smoky dive than a wine bar. You guys seem to take the banter personally, and that just sends out a signal to everyone that you're an easy target, opening the flood gates for constant razzing.

I can't say it enough - your team deserved to win the final, they played well after the first 25-30 minutes and could have scored more. I think the players and Heynckes are all class, and I'm happy to see Robben get his big trophy, because he was excellent all over the pitch for Bayern in the final.

But the David Alaba picture spamming, dealing with fans who constantly say Bayern is the best team in the world, then spam the thread with "WE'RE SO SHIT WHY CAN'T WE SCORE A 5th!!" when you're not winning 6-0, etc. just get my hate juices flowing.

The love-side of my heart appreciates Bayern, but the black, charred and bile-pumping hateful side of my heart is so, so much bigger and it just constantly grows.

More than anything though I despise talking about forum dynamics so this is the last post I'll make on the subject. But keep in mind, 100% of the first page of EVERY FootyGaf OT is title whining. So, again, don't take it personally.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Put the ones spamming gifs on your ignore list if it's that annoying. Problem solved.

Nah, turning off images and gifs is easier.

Aw shit I'm going to miss that. Fucking five-a-side. I'm so so so sorry for that. I really am, I wish I could just watch that Psy performance.

I don't know which is worse, him or fucking Arisa singing our national anthem last year.

I expect stabbed butts.

Meh, it's going to be a cagey affair with Roma winning at the end.

Lazio please, just this time.. :(

Messi

good night, fcbro

I know you're just joking, but making a off season thread just so you don't have to see fans celebrating is a bit much

So is making a new thread 17 pages early.

I hope Bayern fans really enjoy this cup and that this place goes back to normal soonish.

Yo Bayern fans, the biggest problem is that you're relentlessly cheering on your own team. The OP is filled with Bayern pictures - look how many times Muller, Robben and Schweinsteiger's faces appear in the OP.

This isn't a cheer-leading thread, this is a thread for biting cynicism and spiteful venom, with the occasional discussions about masturbation, fecal matter and Wilbury's mom. It's more like a smoky dive than a wine bar. You guys seem to take the banter personally, and that just sends out a signal to everyone that you're an easy target, opening the flood gates for constant razzing.

I can't say it enough - your team deserved to win the final, they played well after the first 25-30 minutes and could have scored more. I think the players and Heynckes are all class, and I'm happy to see Robben get his big trophy, because he was excellent all over the pitch for Bayern in the final.

But the David Alaba picture spamming, dealing with fans who constantly say Bayern is the best team in the world, then spam the thread with "WE'RE SO SHIT WHY CAN'T WE SCORE A 5th!!" when you're not winning 6-0, etc. just get my hate juices flowing.

The love-side of my heart appreciates Bayern, but the black, charred and bile-pumping hateful side of my heart is so, so much bigger and it just constantly grows.

More than anything though I despise talking about forum dynamics so this is the last post I'll make on the subject. But keep in mind, 100% of the first page of EVERY FootyGaf OT is title whining. So, again, don't take it personally.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Oh Morsel

kharma45

Dylan Hartley banned for 11 weeks for verbal abuse of match official.

Imagine football following that example? Be hardly anyone left to play. Would be nice to see that brought in though, would stop them being such mouthy cunts.

FootballFan

You know that Messi shits himself everytime he stands in front of Cech. Goodnight, dream about that missed penalty last year.

Chelsea have indeed done well against Messi. In like 8 games, he has hit the post once, cross bar twice and has 2 assists. Definitely worse than against anyone else.

But it's okay, you can't expect him to do everything everywhere every time.

Everybody needs to stop harping on about getting the thread back to normal and just act normal.

Let Bayern fans post a few GIFs and enjoy their win for the day. Everybody else just go about your business and discus as you normally would.

Jin_7

Dortmund probably lost a lot of energy pushing so high up early in the game. Maybe they wanted to bet on an early goal to make things go their way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom