• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT21| Robben learns to score in finals three years late

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scum

Dylan Hartley banned for 11 weeks for verbal abuse of match official.

Imagine football following that example? Be hardly anyone left to play. Would be nice to see that brought in though, would stop them being such mouthy cunts.

I'd love to see some Rugby rules in football. Ban the goons that disrespect officials.

spidye

Yo Bayern fans, the biggest problem is that you're relentlessly cheering on your own team. The OP is filled with Bayern pictures - look how many times Muller, Robben and Schweinsteiger's faces appear in the OP.

ok wat? our biggest problem is we are cheering for our club? isn't that what you normally do when you're a fan?

and nobody forced you to use those emoticons. schweini and fuenf made many of them. of course it's going to be bayern focused.
but again no one has to use it in their op's

This isn't a cheer-leading thread, this is a thread for biting cynicism and spiteful venom, with the occasional discussions about masturbation, fecal matter and Wilbury's mom. It's more like a smoky dive than a wine bar. You guys seem to take the banter personally, and that just sends out a signal to everyone that you're an easy target, opening the flood gates for constant razzing.

I can't say it enough - your team deserved to win the final, they played well after the first 25-30 minutes and could have scored more. I think the players and Heynckes are all class, and I'm happy to see Robben get his big trophy, because he was excellent all over the pitch for Bayern in the final.

thanks.

But the David Alaba picture spamming, dealing with fans who constantly say Bayern is the best team in the world, then spam the thread with "WE'RE SO SHIT WHY CAN'T WE SCORE A 5th!!" when you're not winning 6-0, etc. just get my hate juices flowing.
ok this has to be clarified. most of those alaba pics spamming were from non bayern fans. it was a meme for maybe 3 days at most. I didn't see the pic since october

Zabojnik

Vidal's new tattoo.

tatuaggion.jpg

ARTURO CE LO FAI VENIRE DURO! STAY WITH US FOREVERRRRRRRRRRRR!!!

Clegg

Dylan Hartley banned for 11 weeks for verbal abuse of match official.

Imagine football following that example? Be hardly anyone left to play. Would be nice to see that brought in though, would stop them being such mouthy cunts.
Good news for Rory Bests Lions chances.

He should have been selected in the first place. His non inclusion was terrible.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
@fuenf: Thanks mate!

-

Vidal tattooed our last two titles on his arm.

HOLD ME GUYS I WANT TO CRY

crying-gif-2.gif

IN BEFORE WES SAYING LOL WRONG NUMBERS WHAT A WASTE OF INK AND SKIN

What was Arnie banned for?

What did Neuer do last night that you wouldn't expect any competent keeper to do?

Which games are left this season? I have the German Cup final, one round of La Liga fixtures, and the Championship play-off final tomorrow. Missing anything?

And something I've been thinking about, and will ask again when Arnie comes back. Would anyone agree that Liverpool losing the FA Cup final last year has turned out to be a good thing? I think FSG would have kept Kenny on if we'd won it (I'm aware that they stated otherwise,) and I can't help but think that he'd have made even more silly big-money signings to try and fix his mistakes, and we'd have gone backwards.

Clegg

Champions League final was strange. I wasn't impressed by Schweinsteiger at all. Felt he was at the periphery of the game and didn't really impose himself. But Bayern controlled the game in the second half, especially in midfield, so surely Schweinsteiger must have played well?

I'll need to watch the game again.

Blablurn

What did Neuer do last night that you wouldn't expect any competent keeper to do?

Which games are left this season? I have the German Cup final, one round of La Liga fixtures, and the Championship play-off final tomorrow. Missing anything?

And something I've been thinking about, and will ask again when Arnie comes back. Would anyone agree that Liverpool losing the FA Cup final last year has turned out to be a good thing? I think FSG would have kept Kenny on if we'd won it (I'm aware that they stated otherwise,) and I can't help but think that he'd have made even more silly big-money signings to try and fix his mistakes, and we'd have gone backwards.

he asked for the ban to focus on some work stuff

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. :) I'd also like Lazio to win so that we'll fucking crush them in Supercoppa in a few months. It should've been us in today's final, lucky cunts.

Lazio deserves it much more imho. Petkovic did a great job throughout the whole year, especially at the beginning. Also, Klose really should win something with this shirt before he retires.

Blablurn

Champions League final was strange. I wasn't impressed by Schweinsteiger at all. Felt he was at the periphery of the game and didn't really impose himself. But Bayern controlled the game in the second half so surely Schweinsteiger must have played well?

statistics say he ran 12km. second most after this bender guy. he definitely controlled the midfield.

phaze

It's not when it's used by some people in almost every discussion. Post something Bayern related and you are guaranteed to get at least 2 fuckbayern posts that add absolutely nothing to the discussion. Most of which is coming from EPL-GAF (not Arsenal-GAF) and Bayern didnt even play against their teams. Juve-GAF, Spain-GAF etc. have been class for the most part and and I honestly cant blame Dortmund for their trolling, that's to be expected.
!

Sxnl0wO.gif

Enjoy it guys.

Self requested.

A legend has left our club ;_;
Olivier-Giroud-La-Page-Officielle-Facebook.png

Champions League final was strange. I wasn't impressed by Schweinsteiger at all. Felt he was at the periphery of the game and didn't really impose himself. But Bayern controlled the game in the second half, especially in midfield, so surely Schweinsteiger must have played well?

Martinez

Blablurn

Cheers. Is that what he was talking about by being back on the 6th June?

@Blablurn, I don't think anyone controlled the midfield after Gundogan stopped beasting around the 30th minute.

wonder what made dortmund stop. Guess they tried to go all out before energy got lower. We were lucky that Neuer saved our ass.

Messi

Barca still have to play Espanyol this week and Malaga the week after.

Zabojnik

Lazio deserves it much more imho. Petkovic did a great job throughout the whole year, especially at the beginning. Also, Klose really should win something with this shirt before he retires.

I've nothing against Lazio winning it. I was just saying that 'ai punti', it should've been us in the final. We were better than Lazio in both semi-final matches, imo. Marchetti saved their asses ... I don't know how many times. That incredible miss from Marchisio in added time still baffles me.

sohois

Who's to say? I agree that Kenny probably would have remained but its impossible to know how Kenny would have done, both on the pitch and in the transfer market. It is worth bearing in mind some of the player links before Kenny was gone suggest that he may have had a far more productive time, but we just don't know. The likes of Walcott and Jackson Martinez, who both went on to have very good seasons, were strongly linked and would have proved very canny signings. But it's all so hypothetical, you just can't tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom