• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"FREE to a good home" thread |20XX Edition| No begging, requests, or taking advantage

First person to quote me with their favorite Musician gets a free 10% off a purchase at Zavvi. A great online UK retailer that can also be used for imports to ship worldwide! Never really had any issues with them. :)

BHK3

Banned
First person to quote me with their favorite Musician gets a free 10% off a purchase at Zavvi. A great online UK retailer that can also be used for imports to ship worldwide! Never really had any issues with them. :)

Musician? Phil Collins

Have a promo code for 70% off up to 3 origin games. Expires tomorrow. First person to post an awesome pic of the most recent ALMS race gets the code.

Aselith

Have a promo code for 70% off up to 3 origin games. Expires tomorrow. First person to post an awesome pic of the most recent ALMS race gets the code.

1107797_article_img_xlarge2.jpg

I have a PAL copy of Xenoblade that I will send to the first person in the United States who PMs me. I have the US version now so I have no need for it.

EDIT: Claimed!

Sordid

I have a few Steam codes to give away here, if you'd like one reply here and I'll pm it :)

Humble Bundle 1

Humble Bundle 2

Humble Bundle 3

Gish

Sordid

Bare with me folks, trying to retrieve the keys and it isn't working :lol I've popped an e-mail off to the Humble Bundle folks and hopefully they'll sort it out for me.

Rtas

I have a few Steam codes to give away here, if you'd like one reply here and I'll pm it :)

Humble Bundle 1

Humble Bundle 2

Humble Bundle 3

Gish

I'll take HB 3 if its still available?

Going to be buying a couple of passes for the next one myself, so I'll reciprocate.

Speevy

Banned
Free copy of any Steam game $4.99 and under for the first person to answer the following question.

Current generation.

A giant dog chases a giant cat through the sky above an abandoned city. A mysterious force turns the dog to stone.

What am I describing?

Ran rp

Free copy of any Steam game $4.99 and under for the first person to answer the following question.

Current generation.

A giant dog chases a giant cat through the sky above an abandoned city. A mysterious force turns the dog to stone.

What am I describing?

Linger in Shadows?

Hanmik

The first person to quote this post will be mailed this never-worn Shadow of the Colossus t-shirt (size Large). Please PM me your shipping info.
m3sWF.jpg

I just recieved this beautiful shirt..! thank you so much Master Ninja..!

here is my youngest daughter trying to see if the shirt fits.

9PyV0.jpg
MMDUj.jpg

(sorry for the quality, phone was acting up)

Speevy

Banned
Okay, another contest before I go to bed. First person who answers this question to my satisfaction gets a free Steam Game priced $4.99 or less.

Pick your favorite art style from either games or other mediums (a picture would help). Name a game/series that has never used that art style, and tell me why it should.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
Okay, another contest before I go to bed. First person who answers this question to my satisfaction gets a free Steam Game priced $4.99 or less.

Pick your favorite art style from either games or other mediums (a picture would help). Name a game/series that has never used that art style, and tell me why it should.

I'd love to see Wind Waker (or that really nice looking Naruto game) style cel shading in...Virtually every genre. Maybe I don't understand the technology or the technique behind it well enough, but I always figured it had to be simpler and less time consuming than traditional texture work, particularly HD photo quality texture work.

For a specific genre or series? Well, I just finished Gemini Rue, so a hard sci fi Noir title would really grab me right now. Something just soaking in deep dark blacks and high contrast. Not sure that cel shading would be that great for something like, say, Deus Ex though, since so much of the appeal of it's visuals is the little details. Maybe if it was more abstract and digital, like Rez. A cel shaded Deus Ex game with the emphasis on the cyberspace aspect to take advantage of the style. Yes. That is my answer.

Speevy

Banned
I'd love to see Wind Waker (or that really nice looking Naruto game) style cel shading in...Virtually every genre. Maybe I don't understand the technology or the technique behind it well enough, but I always figured it had to be simpler and less time consuming than traditional texture work, particularly HD photo quality texture work.

For a specific genre or series? Well, I just finished Gemini Rue, so a hard sci fi Noir title would really grab me right now. Something just soaking in deep dark blacks and high contrast. Not sure that cel shading would be that great for something like, say, Deus Ex though, since so much of the appeal of it's visuals is the little details. Maybe if it was more abstract and digital, like Rez. A cel shaded Deus Ex game with the emphasis on the cyberspace aspect to take advantage of the style. Yes. That is my answer.

Works for me. Steam ID please.

graywolf323

Dear Eidos,

Please ignore this guy

quentin-blake1.jpg

This is the work of Quentin Blake, most famous (in the UK) for his illustrations for Roald Dahl's books, such as Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Matilda, George's Marvellous Medicine et al.

The reason I raise this as a suggestion? Just imagine if Telltale or whoever were to make an episodic Chocolate Factory point n' click adventure that looked like that in HD. It would be stunning. Not so much an existing series as a genre, but the experience alone of controlling these graphics would sustain interest, and Telltale's previous Puzzle Agent sets a nice precedence for smooth 2D adventuring.

Anyway that's just my two cents.

Edit: Too slow, but I'm glad the idea's out there. You have to admit it would be class.

Jockel

quentin-blake1.jpg

This is the work of Quentin Blake, most famous (in the UK) for his illustrations for Roald Dahl's books, such as Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Matilda, George's Marvellous Medicine et al.

The reason I raise this as a suggestion? Just imagine if Telltale or whoever were to make an episodic Chocolate Factory point n' click adventure that looked like that in HD. It would be stunning. Not so much an existing series as a genre, but the experience alone of controlling these graphics would sustain interest, and Telltale's previous Puzzle Agent sets a nice precedence for smooth 2D adventuring.

Anyway that's just my two cents.

Edit: Too slow, but I'm glad the idea's out there. You have to admit it would be class.
Fun fact: I've met Quentin Blake in person. He visited the school I work for.

Kccitystar

Free online pass for SSX (PS3)

EDIT: code redeemed.

Please post in the thread of the code was used up and I'll edit this post accordingly <3

Enjoy!

Speevy

Banned
Free Steam game $4.99 or less to the first person who answers the following question to my satisfaction.

Think of a game development studio which does not exist anymore for whatever reason. The studio could have been closed or it might have been dissolved and absorbed. Any such studio is fair game.

You get to bring this studio back for one game, and one game only. All of its "glory days" members are reunited, even if this is no longer possible. Just a hypothetical.

You had better make this count.

1) What is the game you would have them create? Be as detailed as possible. It can be an IP they have worked on before or something entirely new.

2) On which platform(s) would you release the game and why?

3) Finally, why does your game need to exist? Tell me how it moves its series or genre forward. What's the hook that will get people interested?

Go.

oatmeal

Banned
Free Steam game $4.99 or less to the first person who answers the following question to my satisfaction.

Think of a game development studio which does not exist anymore for whatever reason. The studio could have been closed or it might have been dissolved and absorbed. Any such studio is fair game.

You get to bring this studio back for one game, and one game only. All of its "glory days" members are reunited, even if this is no longer possible. Just a hypothetical.

1) What is the game you would have them create? Be as detailed as possible. It can be an IP they have worked on before or something entirely new.

3) Finally, why does your game need to exist? Tell me how it moves its series or genre forward. What's the hook that will get people interested?

Go.

1. Angel Studios. They did such a great job with the RE2 port, I wish they stayed around with Nintendo through the Gamecube era. They had some talented dudes, and it would have been awesome if they could have continued to bring over Resident Evil games to the Gamecube/Wii, and perhaps given the opportunity to do a REmake for games like RE2 and 3.

2. Gamecube and Wii. And eventually, the Wii U...

3. To please me. :D

Speevy

Banned
I like your answer oatmeal, but I'm gonna let this sit for a little bit to see if anyone else is interested.

Feel free to add things if you wish.

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE

Go.

I'd bring back Cavia so they could do another game in the Nier/Drakengard universe. Cavia built such a rich lore (hell, they even released a book for Nier) and it's a shame that the world will never be revisited. I'd go for a prequel, mostly because there were quite a few settings in Nier that were either rundown or abandoned, and I'd love to see those areas revisited, the Aerie especially. Kaine would work well as the game's protagonist, with the game beginning in the Aerie and then moving out to new locations.

I'd like the game on Vita, if only because I find it increasingly difficult to play games on the TV. Nier isn't particularly graphically impressive either, so I don't think it would be much of a compromise.

Finally, it needs to exist because, god, I love Nier, and I really need a sequel. I'm a sucker for games that incorporate the central game mechanics into the story, and Nier did that expertly. There are few games with stories that truly take advantage of the medium they exist in, and Nier's one of them. If they could improve upon the combat and create more locations (I loved each town in Nier, so I was sad that there were so few), and couple with it the game's story, I'd be able to die happy.

I'm going to go cry now.

gabbo

Go.

1/3. Monolith who were absorbed into WBIntertactive and are now called/a part of WBSeattle I think. I'd get the crew back from the NOLF2/Tron 2.0 days. I would have them make a follow up to No One Lives Forever 2. They've always used Cate Archer as a means to skewer female and male stereotypes in games, especially shooters. In this game, Cate would be a mother, and that would be a part of the choices the player has to make - spy, mother, both, how being a hired (if sarcastic) killer would effect being a care giver. Could have her daughter begin taking up her mother's career path. It would still have the same silly humour and levels, but could deal with such issues as before. Shooters don't deal with too many issues too often, let alone womens issues. It would also be a nice evolution of the character from fragile student to hardened teacher. Also, not enough comedic shooters with a shiny 60's swinger vibe.

2. PC first, with PS3 and 360 later. Maybe a WiiU port down the line.

Speevy

Banned
Your replies are all good, and I like your game mechanics gabbo, but lunch wins this time.

I'll do other contests in the future.

Top Bottom