• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FURI | OT | Synthvengeance

Karak

Initial impressions based on first boss little bit after:

+combat is really really really fun!
+skill-based / challenging
+soundtrack is good
+controls like a dream
+interesting character designs (just got upto the 2nd boss)

-i'm only up-to the walking section right after the boss, but i hope this isn't a common thing. Its such a bore, and the controls during the walking sequence is really annoying

Needless to say, this has hooked, so will finish this game.
Sadly the walking weirdness is all the time. So odd.

I like Carpenter Brut as much as the next guy but I hate the game's color palette. Also I'm not that much into boss fights. Too bad :/

Permanently A

Faster than B
Beat Furi's combat designer’s best speedrun time: 1:29:56

2dd.jpg

JPS Kai

-i'm only up-to the walking section right after the boss, but i hope this isn't a common thing. Its such a bore, and the controls during the walking sequence is really annoying

You can just press a button and the hero will automatically walk to the next destination. There are two times that you don't wanna do this though.
The first is right after the first boss, you can return to your cell for some dialogue and a trophy. The other is.... ;)

DirtyLarry

Did not even know about this game until reading this OT.
For the price of Free I will no doubt check it out on the PS4. Love the visual style I am seeing in that launch trailer.

Alienous

I haven't seen this much hack & slash in ages, and that's just the screen tearing.

But man, I'm liking this. Just finished the first fight and it's basically "YO! The Video Game". Hype as hell.

JakR

That frakking game, I like the style, I like the combat, but that sons of a frak of bosses make me really dislike FURI and afraid of breaking my controller.

Now a little bit cooldown, and another try later.

Anung

Un Rama
Bosses 3 and 4 down. 3 has an annoying phase or two but 4 was very enjoyable.

I absolute hate the walking sections in this. Having the auto-walk button makes it less tedious but the idea fails conceptually. Giving the player some downtime after a long fight is good. But forcing the player to walk (or watch the character walking) is just terrible. The long horse rides after fighting a Colossus in SOTC allowed the player to reflect on a previous boss fights and the soothing naturalistic elements and speed of the horse allowed for some meditative journeys to and from the bosses. This isn't that.

FHIZ

There's a dynamic theme up on the PSN store, but no preview video. Anyone buy it blind? Thoughts?

It has Carpenter Brut music... I'm really curious.

Withnail

Cool game but I think I need an easy mode. Didn't manage to get past the third phase of the second boss yet.

Edit: wait I'm dumb, there is an easy mode.

GavinUK86

Just played an hour of it. Liked the first 2 bosses. Hate the third. Gave up. I love the aesthetic and the music but the boss fight / bullet hell style of gameplay just isn't for me.

The walking and talking is alleviated by just pressing A/X/whatever key so it isn't too bad.

The difficulty drop from the standard to the lower is a bit ridiculous though. It removes all the different boss phases and just pretty much makes them a one hit kill. I get that it's easier, but it felt like a Telltale game on that one.

There's a dynamic theme up on the PSN store, but no preview video. Anyone buy it blind? Thoughts?

It has Carpenter Brut music... I'm really curious.
If I dig the game I'll probably buy it (unless they put up a video and it sucks or something)

Though it says the music "quietly builds the tension" so don't expect slammin beats, it'll probably be whatever plays in the walk and talk sections

Eumi

Just beat the first boss and yo, this feels like a game ass game.

Nice suprise. Eager to play more.

Vaga

If it weren't for the stupid forced walking parts...why would they give you freedom to explore but at a crawling speed?

Lol did I just finished the game by mistake?

Top Bottom