• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FURI | OT | Synthvengeance

Vaga

Yep my game ended prematurely, at least got a secret trophy out of it.

For those that want to know
wait with the girl after boss 5.

I'm not sure if this is just me or I'm having to adjust but does anyone feel the parry timing feels a little off?

The sound cues don't match the visual ones and it's constantly throwing me off.

It's great though really enjoying it. 1440p/90fps and freesync makes it just look fantastic, my HiFi too. Haven't felt like this since HM.

Altairre

It seems like there's a slight delay when you press the dodge button and it's really messing me up. Beat the first two bosses though, seems really cool so far.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
I get neo afro samurai vibes. So i'm sold.

And that vinyl soundtrack is tempting. But the extra 16 for us shipping... eh..

HeeHo

My charged shot isn't working, I keep pressing and holding R2. Maybe I have to start from scratch and reload the game. I can't proceed past the tutorial.

TheDanimal

Beat the first two bosses this morning, I absolutely love this game.
Also I didn't even know you could control yourself while walking lol. I just moved the guy in the right direction and the game took over. Seems like a nonissue imo.
Super stoked to keep playing.

HeeHo

Use it in conjunction with right stick. You're still shooting, so need to aim.

I'll try again but I thought I'd already did that...And it's still not working. Do you tap or hold shoot and then press or hold R2? I even started a new game to see if that was it. Seems like a bug but maybe it's me or my console. I'm gonna restart it and see what happens.

MattDoza

Had to remap R2 to R1 in accessibility. For whatever reason I couldn't perform the Charge attack for the gun. Hopefully they fix that quickly.

My charged shot isn't working, I keep pressing and holding R2. Maybe I have to start from scratch and reload the game. I can't proceed past the tutorial.

I'll try again but I thought I'd already did that...And it's still not working. Do you tap or hold shoot and then press or hold R2? I even started a new game to see if that was it. Seems like a bug but maybe it's me or my console. I'm gonna restart it and see what happens.

It's not you, it simply doesn't work. See my comment above the quote for a workaround.

HeeHo

Had to remap R2 to R1 in accessibility. For whatever reason I couldn't perform the Charge attack for the gun. Hopefully they fix that quickly.

It's not you, it simply doesn't work. See my comment above the quote for a workaround.

Thanks. Man, that was going nowhere fast. Don't know if it effects everyone but people are going to be scratching their heads about this.

It was working for me with the default controls. I hold R2, aim with right stick, and release R2. Didn't have any problems with it so far.

Mipcgamer

Yeah, me too. Had to remap as well.

Withnail

Got past the second boss. Can feel myself improving and when you get it right the game makes you feel like a bad ass.

For the walking sections I just press X to let the game take over and sit back enjoying the visuals. Nice to take a breather after the intensity of the boss fights, though I can see those sections could get annoying on a replay.

nikos

This game. Holy shit. This game. What a pleasant surprise. May have to buy that soundtrack on vinyl for listening, and to support since the game was free.

JPS Kai

You guys should learn to get the hang of Boost Hit (pull the right analog stick when you're in the melee phase to charge up your melee attack). It'll make you feel like a badass when you pull it off and the
Jetstream Sam guy you face towards the end of the game goes down in one hit.

Vaga

Having to restart from the beginning all the bosses seem easy now, master the parry then it's smooth sailing.

Also The Voice reminds me of Frank

f1ddabd3ec9cf8aaa3958f6a6b90ee9e.jpg

HeeHo

I feel like I am missing something here but I can't seem to remap the buttons on the PS4 version. I also can't use R2.

Harmen

Looked at some footage and it looks awesome, can't wait to play it. As a PSplus member, this is going to be my new GalakZ, probably (one of those games seemingly out of nowhere I never knew I wanted to play).

Furi is great! I only had time for the first boss and one try on the second one. OST is sublime. Too bad there's some technical issues, like that tearing. I hope they patch it soon.

Just played Furi, it basically is best described if Platinum games made Nier. They took a look at the bullet hell mechanics in Nier and made the combat more responsive and twitchy.

Really damn fine game.

Footos22

Just played Furi, it basically is best described if Platinum games made Nier. They look a look at the bullet hell mechanics in Nier and made the combat more responsive and twitchy.

Really damn fine game.

Platinum games is making a nier.

Ghandi

Banned
Semi Spoiler which is cool but can really hurt your experience relating in order to have to replay older fights if you dont know:
When the nice girl boss(the 5th?) asks you to stay, and you wait next to her for some time, the credits roll, you get an achievment and you have to start over lol

Edit: I love this gem

More Western developers should experiment with bullet hell gameplay. It's so utterly satisfying to dash around dozens of bullets and nail the boss in this game.

And the OST just accentuates an already slick game. I'm only on Boss 5, can't wait to play more.

any word on if the PC version supports over 60FPS? I will get for free on PS4 but might be interested on PC if I could play at 144FPS.

HeeHo

You don't remap the buttons through the game. On the ps4 home screen go to settings>accessibility>button assignments.

Totally forgot about that, thanks. I went to gamefaqs and asked and a user told me the sensitivity is way down for the R2 button and you have to mash it down hard for it to register. It worked for me but very unreliable to use.

Top Bottom