• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-HOP OT6(66) Wu-Tang is for Asians and Weeaboos

Status
Not open for further replies.

HiResDes

User top ten lists?

I'll be back in 30.

Edit:

Nas - Illmatic
Big L - The Big Picture
Nas - It Was Written
2Pac - All Eyez On Me
Mos Def - Black On Both Sides
INI - Center Of Attention
Wu-Tang - 36 Chambers
Mobb Deep - The Infamous
Mos Def & Talib - Black Star
Pun - Capital Punishment

Never actually looked at the front page.

I got you bra.

cdyhybrid

Finally heard Love Sosa in ignorant30. I don't get it. Does nothing for me. That's just me though, if you're feeling it more power to you.

HiResDes

Yo I actually fuck with Larr-e Bird$ pretty heavy

The intro to Love Sosa *DEAD*

TC1o8.png

Edit: So I listened to all of this shit out of boredom and I like a total of five songs, which means it just edges out MGK's Lace Up...Diamonds, Kobe, Love Sosa, I Don't Like, and Hate Bein Sober...I'd already heard all of those except one lol.

T Dollarz

User top ten lists?

I'll be back in 30.

Edit:

Nas - Illmatic
Big L - The Big Picture
Nas - It Was Written
2Pac - All Eyez On Me
Mos Def - Black On Both Sides
INI - Center Of Attention
Wu-Tang - 36 Chambers
Mobb Deep - The Infamous
Mos Def & Talib - Black Star
Pun - Capital Punishment

Never actually looked at the front page.

Love this list brah. I'll check out "Center of Attention" on your recommendation since I can tell that I love your taste!

Des...add this for my top10 yo..

1. Only built for Cuban linx - Raekwon

2. Illmatic - Nas

3. Hard to earn - gangstarr

4. Wu tang clan - 36 chambers

5. Illadelph half life - the roots

6. One day it'll all make sense - common sense

7. The chronic - Dr. Dre

8. The cool - Lupe fiasco

9. Marshall Mathers LP - eminem

10. The score - The Fugees

I always miss the Danny Brown Stan talks. I missed him at the ASAP Rocky concert too because it took his entire set to start letting people in. Fuck that venue.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
The thing about the 90s were....people would make records that work in a party enviroment tho that wasn't the original intention. Badboy and rocafella made records that had the intention of being party records.

there were many records that dropped that didn't have that "intention" behind it but it still worked for some reason.

for example, I remember at one of my highschool dances, nobody was on the dance floor...all the dudes were too cool, and all the bitches were too shy. Then they play "C.R.E.A.M." and we ALL know that's not a party record, but that song got everyone on the dance floor for whatever reason.

90s was an awkward stage for hip-hop because it had artist like Hammer and Dre/Snoop at the same time..

Blackace

Finally heard Love Sosa in ignorant30. I don't get it. Does nothing for me. That's just me though, if you're feeling it more power to you.

Not a bad song.. not a great song...

Hate Bein Sober is dope as hell tho..

Hey Gaf-Hop I'll be 100% witchall.. the only Jeezy song I know is Soul Survivor and I couldn't tell you another one off the top of my head

thas all for today folks

Esch

Banned
It's cause he's ignorant, stupid music. Listen to Immortal Tech guys.

you sound like a fifteen year old. Listen to Immortal Technique? Why would I want to inundate myself with freshman political science commentary and tinfoil hat conspiracy bullshit? I think one day you'll take a look at it and realize how obnoxiously wannabe intellectual most of that shit is.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
you sound like a fifteen year old. Listen to Immortal Technique? Why would I want to inundate myself with freshman political science commentary and tinfoil hat conspiracy bullshit? I think one day you'll take a look at it and realize how obnoxiously wannabe intellectual most of that shit is.

...dawg. Come on dawg.

DominoKid

IT must have touched Esch at night one time lol. How you miss the sarcasm?

sn: this t.i. album is kinda riding. really surprised. i thought he couldnt bring it back after his last few projects.

Esch

Banned
Yeah, I know several Tech stans. Kids have issues, whack as fuck.

nah hes an awesome dude but just insists that Tech is the goat. in terms of skill, catalogue, everything.

sn: this t.i. album is kinda riding. really surprised. i thought he couldnt bring it back after his last few projects.

Just finished a 4 and a half hour drive. im out of it lol

Blackace

My first listen was kinda meh not bad but not impressed

But had gone through a lot of music yesterday

Red Cafe had a few joints

DominoKid

i fuck with waka but he would've gotten in a screaming match with that beat and ruined it.
keef & reese gave it what it needed.

sn: all these recent andre features make me wonder what it's like working with him in the studio. cause he's basically yanking these tracks for his own personal exhibitions.

Blackace

i fuck with waka but he would've gotten in a screaming match with that beat and ruined it.
keef & reese gave it what it needed.
Sorry but Ye gave it what it needed

I only listen or use the GOOD music version

Edit: and that beat is perfect for Waka it isn't much different than O how we do it

DominoKid

i've gone back the other way on the remix vs the OG.
i need that raw, uncut, bombastic I Don't Like. i still like the remix, but i see why some folks had a cold reaction to it.

Blackace

i've gone back the other way on the remix vs the OG.
i need that raw, uncut, bombastic I Don't Like. i still like the remix, but i see why some folks had a cold reaction to it.

Remix is better much better

In time it will be remembered as a Ye track

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
The GOOD Remix is one of those times where the remix makes it impossible to listen to the original again, like Hard White, Deuces and Get By.

The extended Pusha intro is half the reason I come back to the song.

Campin' out in that corridor,
Fuck you waitin' on Jordans for?
I'll middle-man it for 23
Just meet me somewhere 'round Baltimore

Also shout outs to peterb0y (RIP) for posting the edit with the extra synths.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom