• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF, What is your favorite dog breed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mumei

Oh, I can't pick. I suppose dachshunds and pit bulls are the breeds I lean most strongly towards. I've never owned a pit bull and probably never will, but I've spent time with quite a few and I've always loved their personalities. And I have had a dachshund since I was 14, and she's still adorable and sweet, except for when she's finding dead birds and trying to eat them. :(

In this order of want and names I would give if and when I got them:
Corgi-Pierogi
Shiba Inu-Adzuki
French Bulldog-Gouda
Akita-Croquette
Pit bull-Pancake

I have no business naming pets

Nameless

American Akita

882313.jpg

americanakita_myrtti_02.jpg

Smart, fiercely loyal, affectionate, and at the same time strong willed & independent. These are remarkable animals; I can't imagine owning another breed.

Karak

I pretty much love all dogs and used to like Huskies a great deal. I know love mutts. We have 4 of them and I see different bits from all the dogs in each one and I am not sure I will ever really get a pure preed again. I would say for pure looks...probably the Dane.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Border Collie. My neighbor has a bunch of them and they're such smart and loving dogs.

OwXQp2s.jpg

German Shepherds!

Mine is so smart she practically trained herself to hand signals. I was so proud of her the other day when she alerted me to a rattlesnake coiled and pissed within her yard. It's usually the cat that flushes them out. Always unsettling because this is the time of year I like to go barefoot...

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Pembroke Welsh Corgi
Pug
Cavalier King Charles Spaniel
French Bulldog
St. Bernard

I had a sheltie named Sadie when I was younger. She was an incredible dog. I miss her dearly. I could never have another sheltie because I would compare it to her constantly and it wouldn't be fair. That's the only reason that's not on my list.

I'm thinking of getting a shiba inu. It just seems like dogs are too much maintenance though :/

Anyone know how much they start at?

isuzu

kmONRR9.jpg

Labs.
so majestic. so loyal. best breed ever.

3cfgADV.jpg

Samoyed
very friendly and cute but they shed a lot

nxKRMmo.jpg

Corgi
so cute <3

see5harp

Not really a dog person, but I kind of like Chugs.

Yea, from my experience mixed mutts that you find at the animal shelter have less health problems (which is incredibly important for an animal you will bond with over the course of a decade). Chugs are super cute. I've actually started to see people with miniature husky's which I believe are Huskies and Pomerian mixes, and they are straight adorable.

tumblr_lw9iqfjFYY1qfv0zw.jpg

two_husky_puppies.jpg

Gibbo

surprised that there have not been more golden retriever replies. it was my last dog and it was a complete sweetheart

UrokeJoe

Yea, from my experience mixed mutts that you find at the animal shelter have less health problems (which is incredibly important for an animal you will bond with over the course of a decade). Chugs are super cute. I've actually started to see people with miniature husky's which I believe are Huskies and Pomerian mixes, and they are straight adorable.

tumblr_lw9iqfjFYY1qfv0zw.jpg

They stay that size? Way to adorable!

The Cowboy

I have a soft spot for Rottweiler's, easily my favourite breed of dog.

I've had 3 over the years my favourite being a female called Tess, she was such a good dog and extra cuddly - she did bust the kitchen door one day when she locked her self in there while I was out, but when I got home the look on her face made me forgive her (you know the look :D).

Right now I'm not in a situation to have a dog and I really want one so much.

I grew up with Irish Wolfhounds and want to get another one soon. They are calm, slightly lazy, intelligent and fiercely loyal. I also like that they often look like wild dogs.

q15.jpg

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
Golden retriever. They just the best dogs ever. Docile, loyal, enthusiastic, super loving pets. My former doggy :(

Cooper+cute+8+week+old+yellow+labrador+puppy.JPG

Qvoth

man i'm jealous of you guys, here in indonesia i don't think you can find all those interesting breeds, they only have all the generic ones like retriever, huskies, etc

hopefully i can get a great dane 1 day
@alaskan malamute picture on OP, good god that dog is friggin huge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom