• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gafia 2: The Bride of Gafia |Mafia OT| One Wedding, Many Funerals

No? I still think AbsolutBro is our best option to lynch scum
Other than being busy all weekend, what have I done that seems so scummy?

BUT YOU JUST SAID THAT LAST POST MIGHT BE YOUR FINAL POST OF THE DAY

You just said you wouldn't be around. Now you're saying you'll move your vote.

Yeah, lying about availability = big no no.

I honestly cannot tell if these are serious posts or joking. In case theyre serious, have one of you ever posted, started to get ready for work, and done a quick response check before you actually head out?

gryvan

Honestly if you had responded to my 2 questions reasonably instead of: playing victim, placing an omgus vote on me and then rambling about the table layout thing (which wasn't even the point of my vote), I probably would've moved on.

Instead it feels like I struck gold.

how was I playing victim? delusional much?

I did answer the 2 questions though no? cause I'm checking back and seeing if I did answer or not

and whats wrong with my vote on you? you were tunneling me pretty hard so that was my reasoning on why i voted on you

I even answered your second question as well...
I looked at the map mechanic as a symmetric circular table that could have been broken into parts

Initially I was also gonna add that the person across the table of where you are can also be targetted but when i looked at the map again it was not drawn to scale so I removed that and just assumed the next logical course of it to be adjacent to each other.

However now that I think about it, it is EXTREMELY restrictive for a PR to be in that situation cause he/she will not have a lot of freedom targetting people. So that sounds highly implausible of a theory

so this isn't reasonable then?

like I don't understand what your motive is fire...like this whole back and forth argument reeks scum like there is no tomorrow...

Fireblend

Banned
So, what's the TB angle? He's been inactive to the point of admitting he's coasting, and maybe you could argue he was trying to shut down table mechanics discussion? Do I have that right? What do you guys think?

Fireblend

Banned
Gryvan I suggest that if you're town you start being proactive instead of reactive and move on. My vote's not moving unless it is to break a tie, I'm not the one you have to convince.

gryvan

Gryvan I suggest that if you're town you start being proactive instead of reactive and move on. My vote's not moving unless it is to break a tie, I'm not the one you have to convince.

I am not convincing you?

I'm just stating facts...who cares about you moving votes away from me...

CzarTim

if we're just going to have to keep reading you two slapping your dicks together everyday, I'm okay with either of you going

Fireblend

Banned
Czar, did I miss something in my post above? Anything else against TB?

And I feel like I'm too invested in Gryvan to switch my vote now. If he doesn't get lynched now then he'll probably get a pass for the next few days just because of letting him go today. Then again, I feel like scum would be squirming more? On the other hand he claimed vanilla townie, and a vanilla lynch isn't the worst result and letting him go would remove him from scum's pool of lynch candidates.

Kalor

So I just got home and caught up and I don't think gryvan is a good choice. I mentioned this in my last post but he initially read like a town member genuinely figuring the map out, and then frustrated when people went after him.

Roy going after Absolut strikes me as weird. He hasn't done anything remotely suspicious besides being inactive and he's clarified the reason for it now. It feels like he might be trying to push for a easy lynch.

CzarTim

Czar, did I miss something in my post above? Anything else against TB?

And I feel like I'm too invested in Gryvan to switch my vote now. If he doesn't get lynched now then he'll probably get a pass for the next few days just because of letting him go today. Then again, I feel like scum would be squirming more? On the other hand he claimed vanilla townie, and a vanilla lynch isn't the worst result and letting him go would remove him from scum's pool of lynch candidates.

No, I just not feeling gry and was looking for an alternative. I am not moving my vote as it's close to a tie unless others are willing.

Bronx-Man

Banned
BUT YOU JUST SAID THAT LAST POST MIGHT BE YOUR FINAL POST OF THE DAY

You just said you wouldn't be around. Now you're saying you'll move your vote.

Can we lynch this scummy fuck instead?

Looks like you've been caught red-handed, Roy.

68054065.jpg

Ty4on

No, just no.

It sucks we don't have anything more, but we shouldn't just lynch townies till lylo. Especially in a game where we don't know the basic mechanics I think a scum lynch D1 would be super useful and worth striving for.

Fireblend

Banned
No, just no.

It sucks we don't have anything more, but we shouldn't just lynch townies till lylo. Especially in a game where we don't know the basic mechanics I think a scum lynch D1 would be super useful and worth striving for.

You have a better candidate then? Who do you think is gonna give us a D1 scum lynch, if it's such a surefire alternative 10 mins. away from day's end?

roytheone

Now he's like "oh shit I got called out, better not post for a bit to make it look legit".

You are saying I am lying about real life stuff? Fuck off with that shit. I need to work at 6 pm, I have to leave at 5.50 pm. So I would need to eat/shower starting at 5 pm. I made that post a bit beforehand so that I could respond to any quick responses. I can keep an side eye on the thread at that time, but don't really have the time to post anything substantional. This post has to be written in a hurry. But a vote switch would be possible if I saw the need until about 10 minutes before days end. Which it is now, so I have to go.

if you add that i haven't seen a lot of scrafty as well

I don't think my level of activity is anywhere close to as minimal as Terra or Karu's, especially since, as I've mentioned three times now, I was unable to contribute to the discussion for a full day thanks to some mechanical error.

You seem awfully eager to deflect any attention given to you whatsoever, and that is very shady to me. Perhaps you're just nervous; suffering from some performance anxiety or some such. Perhaps. Only one way to find out.

VOTE: gryvan

gryvan

9 minutes now~

if i flip town can i ask retro to create batman hell for xam?

I want him to relive the moments of that game over and over and over

:D

gryvan

I don't think my level of activity is anywhere close to as minimal as Terra or Karu's, especially since, as I've mentioned three times now, I was unable to contribute to the discussion for a full day thanks to some mechanical error.

You seem awfully eager to deflect any attention given to you whatsoever, and that is very shady to me. Perhaps you're just nervous; suffering from some performance anxiety or some such. Perhaps. Only one way to find out.

VOTE: gryvan

no..I'm just trying to make a different useful discussion instead of just going back and forth fireblend nonstop...

Ty4on

You have a better candidate then? Who do you think is gonna give us a D1 scum lynch, if it's such a surefire alternative 10 mins. away from day's end?

It's mostly the attitude. This numbness to a D1 mislynch is not good thing, we should still strive for a scum lynch even though it is unlikely.

Ty4on

I didn't like how you justified voting for him if he were town.
[...]Then again, I feel like scum would be squirming more? On the other hand he claimed vanilla townie, and a vanilla lynch isn't the worst result and letting him go would remove him from scum's pool of lynch candidates.
VOTE: Fireblend

If Im doing this right:

Day 1 votes

launchpadmcq (0)
robotninjahornets 115 (395)
czartim 209 (224)
salvapot 217 (360)

ourobolus (2)
bananaspaceprincess 128 (363)
bronx-man 133
salvapot 469

roytheone (1)
terrabyte20xx 131
gryvan 146 (259)

gryvan (5)
fireblend 132
bananaspaceprincess 476
launchpadmcq 513
xamtheking 514
scraftydevil 567

ty4on (0)
launchpadmcq 147 (319)

nin1000 (0)
czartim 258 (359)
scraftydevil 404 (567)

absolutbro (2)
roytheone 312
burbeting 472

bronx-man (0)
launchpadmcq 319 (388)

salvapot (0)
czartim 359 (451)

czartim (0)
xamtheking 374 (514)
launchpadmcq 388 (513)

xamtheking (0)
burbeting 377 (472)

scraftydevil (2)
kingkitty 387
timeaisis 470

fireblend (4)
gryvan 418
robotninjahornets 474
absolutbro 496
ty4on 576

timeaisis (1)
czartim 451

terrabyte20xx (2)
ourobolus 457
kalor 473

karu (1)
ty4on 477 (576)
nin1000 479

RetroMG

"Time." Retro called.
"It was you! You did it!"
"What? You're insane, I would never!"
"TIME!" Retro shouted.
The room went silent.
"I believe the majority of the vote goes to Gryvan." Retro said quietly.

Silence reigned.

"So what do we do now?" Gryvan asked. "You're not going to kill me."
Retro shook his head, "Of course not. I'm not going to do anything to you." He reached into his jacket and fished out a small cell phone, held it to his ear and said, "We're ready in here."
The double doors opened, and Swamped marched into the room. Taking Gryvan by the arm, she marched right back out.
"What is she going to do with him?" Someone asked.

The question was punctuated by screams from the opposite side of the door.
And a LOT of cursing.
I mean, like, A LOT of a lot.
Like, geez. Even Ourobolus' ears were red.

Eventually the screams and the cursing died away, and after a long death speech from Gryvan about how sad he was that he would never finish Dark Souls 3 or watch the upcoming second season of The Magicians, his voice finally went silent.

Gryvan, AKA Coppanuva, the Chameleon, has been lynched.
Welcome!

Now let’s see. Your name tag says Gryvan, but we both know that you are Coppanuva, the Chameleon!

You are an Invited Guest. (That means you are aligned with the Town.)

You are an Ascetic Bulletproof Serial Killer Cop who is also a Doctor and has an Override…
Or at least you would be, but Ynnny told me that role was too imbalanced for this game. So, sorry, I guess you’re Ordinary Town.
But, uh, you can still vote! That’s cool, right? Yay Democracy!

Your most well-known gambit is your Decoy Octopus gambit in the Metal Gear Solid game, where you managed to convince people that you were a doppelganger, a role that Gafia hadn’t even seen yet. Wow, making you a Doppleganger for this game would have been great! But I didn’t do that.

Oh well.

If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me.
You win when you have eliminated all threats to the invited guests.
Game Thread is here

Good luck, Coppanuva!
When the screaming ended, Retro smiled a grim smile.

"As I said, I'm not going to do anything to you. I'm just going to hand you over to Swamped. She's the dazzling Mafia queen, and someone here ruined her wedding. Use your imaginations, and then know that whatever you've come up with, it will be a thousand times worse."

Day Two will begin in:
gra_1461772800.png

RetroMG

I'm going to interrupt the night phase to talk about something for a moment.

5. Do not refer or discuss to player activity in other forum threads or life in general beyond the game.

It should be generally understood that people have lives outside of Gafia, as unbelievable as that might seem. Unless your usernames are Sorian or RetroMG, no one really expects you to be reading every thread, every day, all the time. As long as people are meeting the mandatory post requirements, how much time they spend on the game versus doing something else is their business.

There is a two way street here, and it's going to take everyone working together to make it work. It should be generally understood that lying about real life in order to gain an advantage is not acceptable. On the other hand, it needs to be understood that people have lives, and we can't badger someone because they have to work for a living.

If we can't make this work, there is no point in continuing to run these games. Going forward, badgering people about their real lives will not be tolerated. Likewise, faking real life excuses to avoid posting in a game will also not be tolerated.

There will be no further discussion on the matter at this time. Discussing it in this thread will only derail the game, and discussing it in one of the other thread risks spoiler talk. Further discussion can occur once the game has ended.

The night continues.

RetroMG

"And wake up." Retro called.
Everyone opened their eyes, and looked around, confused.
"I'm not sitting where I was before," Nin1000 said, "I was next to Timeaisis."
"That’s correct." Retro nodded. "Miss Swamped decided to rearrange the seating during the night. You know, if the Bride isn't happy, nobody's happy."
"But I didn't leave my seat during the night!" Exclaimed a player who would not be revealed in order to prevent metagaming based on flavor text. Several other people nodded along with the anonymous being.
"I had the Bobs move you." Retro waved to a group of strong-looking men who were exiting the banquet hall.
Everyone looked puzzled.
"Don't worry," Retro said, "They were very gentle."

Until the Bride is happy with the seating arrangements*, the seats will be rearranged at the beginning of each day phase. This will have no effect on the prior night’s actions.

This will never happen. You may safely assume that the seats will change every night for the duration of the game.

"Wait a minute!" Someone exclaimed, "Where is Kingkitty?"
Retro looked sad. "Ah yes. Unfortunately, the Uninvited struck again during the night. Kingkitty was shot in the back of the head with a Bagel gun."
Bronx-man frowned. “Bagels aren’t supposed to be deadly.”
Retro shook his head. “You ever hear of an Everything Bagel?”
“Yeah.”
“This one also had bullets baked into it.”

Kingkitty, aka StarSketch the Magician, has died.

Welcome!

Now let’s see. Your name tag says KingKitty, but we both know that you are StarSketch, the Magician!

You are an Invited Guest. (That means you are aligned with the Town.)

You are an Ascetic Bulletproof Serial Killer Cop who is also a Doctor and has an Override…
Or at least you would be, but Ynnny told me that role was too imbalanced for this game. So, sorry, I guess you’re Ordinary Town.
But, uh, you can still vote! That’s cool, right? Yay Democracy!

In Gafia 1, you were Swamped. But today, you’re your own woman. You know, that Bulletproof-until-you-claim thing was really clever. I should have given you that role.

Oh well.

If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me.
You win when you have eliminated all threats to the invited guests.
Game Thread is here

Good luck, Starsketch!

Day 2 begins.
gra_1462032000.png

roytheone

If we assume PR can only target people at the same table as them (which I find likely) one of these fuckers:

Absolutbro
Czartim
Kalor
Launchpadmcq
Salvapot
Ourobolus
Xamtheking
RNH
Karu

Is an arsonist, since I got drenched last night.

Alright so hi peeps
Apparently someone put a drink in front of me, and I drank it
I don't know what this does
But I just wanted to let you guys know

nin1000

Banned
Since everything that you said has come true Launch, you are the first person to come into the list of my trusted players. Welcome.

Timeaisis

RIP Kingkitty

Also, that's a lot of movement. When Launch said he thought there was gonna be some swapping I assumed like a few shifts right or left, not table hopping.

CzarTim

If we assume PR can only target people at the same table as them (which I find likely) one of these fuckers:

Absolutbro
Czartim
Kalor
Launchpadmcq
Salvapot
Ourobolus
Xamtheking
RNH
Karu

Alright so hi peeps
Apparently someone put a drink in front of me, and I drank it
I don't know what this does
But I just wanted to let you guys know

Just to be clear, these are two different things, flavor wise?

nin1000

Banned

Absolutbro
Czartim
Kalor
Launchpadmcq
Salvapot
Ourobolus
Xamtheking
RNH
Karu

If Launch's action is the one that was triggered first your List would have to be this one then

Nin1000
Ty4on
Robotninjahornets
Kalor
Terrabyte20XX
Weemadarthur
Xamtheking
Bababaspaceprincess
Czartim

roytheone

Since everything that you said has come true Launch, you are the first person to come into the list of my trusted players. Welcome.

Well, I wouldn't go that far. Thanks to the table switching at the start of every day phase, we can't actually see the effect of his action.

Just to be clear, these are two different things, flavor wise?

My flavor doesn't talk about drinks at all, just that I felt something wet (leeeewd) and that I smelled gasoline.

MAP DAY 1

MAP DAY 2

So there are people that changed seats within their own table and there are also players who switched tables. I guess there are two kind of switchers. Or there is an automatic switch at the beginning of each day, (which I think retro just said????) and the other one would have been Launch I guess.

roytheone

If Launch's action is the one that was triggered first your List would have to be this one then

Can you elaborate on how you got to that list?

So there are people that changed seats within their own table and there are also players who switched tables. I guess there are two kind of switchers. Or there is an automatic switch at the beginning of each day, (which I think retro just said????) and the other one would have been Launch I guess.

Personally I think the "every day switch" just switches everyone around, including to other tables.

Top Bottom