• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gafia 2: The Bride of Gafia |Mafia OT| One Wedding, Many Funerals

Burbeting

Banned
Roy, who do you think seem most scummy to you at the moment?

I'm asking because I kinda feel that you haven't been taking any firm stances lately in this game. You were against Kalor, but other than that, I can't remember anything.

People we need to press until they have either claimed or disintegrated:
Seath
BSP
People who we should push slightly:
Fireblend
Timeaisis

roytheone

Roy, who do you think seem most scummy to you at the moment?

I'm asking because I kinda feel that you haven't been taking any firm stances lately in this game. You were against Kalor, but other than that, I can't remember anything.

I honestly feel I have a very bad grasp on this game right now. I keep up with the thread, but I take way fewer notes then normal. Normally I use the night phase to update my reads, but after being doused I find it hard to find the motivation to do that since the chance is pretty decent I got set on fire during that night and all that effort would have been a waste. So all the reads I have are not really based on notes and specific posts and more on feeling:

I don't feel good about Terrabyte. I think he is a scum version of Nin's role. The reason to claim the role was very weak (I saw some activity while the person next to me got night killed! jay, that's useless), at least the reason for nin to claim was because he thought he had information that we could use.

Camjo-Z behaved very weird and is all over the place, pushing heavily for people that don't have a big chance to get lynched (ourob, you). However, I am doubtful a scum will be this all over the map, they would want to avoid the suspicion that kind of behavior will get you.

I also have a bad feeling about timeaisis. That isn't based on anything concrete, but I can't really get a good read on him. He is here, he contributes, but he has nothing that really stands out to me. He is really flying under the radar but just high enough that he doesn't get called out for low activity.

I honestly feel I have a very bad grasp on this game right now. I keep up with the thread, but I take way fewer notes then normal. Normally I use the night phase to update my reads, but after being doused I find it hard to find the motivation to do that since the chance is pretty decent I got set on fire during that night and all that effort would have been a waste. So all the reads I have are not really based on notes and specific posts and more on feeling:

I don't feel good about Terrabyte. I think he is a scum version of Nin's role. The reason to claim the role was very weak (I saw some activity while the person next to me got night killed! jay, that's useless), at least the reason for nin to claim was because he thought he had information that we could use.

Camjo-Z behaved very weird and is all over the place, pushing heavily for people that don't have a big chance to get lynched (ourob, you). However, I am doubtful a scum will be this all over the map, they would want to avoid the suspicion that kind of behavior will get you.

I also have a bad feeling about timeaisis. That isn't based on anything concrete, but I can't really get a good read on him. He is here, he contributes, but he has nothing that really stands out to me. He is really flying under the radar but just high enough that he doesn't get called out for low activity.
Do keep in mind Terra voted for Weemad when he wasn't under any sort of pressure, save from nin.
What are your thoughts on RNH/Seath and BSP?

Why do you think that?
It's not that uncommon for Arsos to end up flying under the radar, especially if other targets present themselves.
And I don't think AB would keep claiming Ordinary if he were the Arso, because all it takes is for him to sit next to a seat-tracker-thing and then he's toast.

Burbeting

Banned
It's not that uncommon for Arsos to end up flying under the radar, especially if other targets present themselves.
And I don't think AB would keep claiming Ordinary if he were the Arso, because all it takes is for him to sit next to a seat-tracker-thing and then he's toast.

Only way RNH/Seath would be arso is that arso would have universal targeting across tables. And if that is a thing, it would return everyone to the list of suspects.

Only way RNH/Seath would be arso is that arso would have universal targeting across tables. And if that is a thing, it would return everyone to the list of suspects.
That is a good point
I think I'll re-evaluate once we see if someone else got doused last night

roytheone

Do keep in mind Terra voted for Weemad when he wasn't under any sort of pressure, save from nin.
What are your thoughts on RNH/Seath and BSP?

True, but I would expect scum to have at least 1 vote on weemad, even if weemad was an godfather that had a high chance of being targeted by the cop. Putting all your eggs in one basket so early on is very dangerous for scum.

I don't have a good read on Seath or bsp. Will have to look back at their posts when I am on desktop again.

Burbeting

Banned
He voted Weemad earlier than others, but he was also absent during the day end. I still think that Scum was going to prioritise saving Weemad over everything else, due to the Godfather status. However, I don't remember Tim being present during the end of Day 2 at all, so he might have missed everything that was going on, so that his vote stayed on weemad simply due to that.

Out of the other voters, Scrafty is cleared by death, and I know myself to be town. Nin, Terra and Absolut were all pivotal to changing the vote leader towards Weemad, and I doubt Scum would at that point do that deliberately. Then there is Xam, but I believe his power to be town one for now, although it's possible that it's also a counter to nin and terra.

Fireblend

Banned
Hey guys I'm in the middle of moving in with my gf this weekend so I won't be very active today. I'll keep up with proceedings and try to post tonight.

nin1000

Banned
You also saw movement between camjo and Ty4on N2, right? You not suspicious of them?

Ofc I am but most of the time it's like I bark into the darkness that is the town brain. Not hearing what they want to hear. I don't kind since everything I say could be wrong or nothing at all. I mean we got 2 scums in 2 days. That's pretty good.

Burbeting

Banned
Yes. And I still think burb is being almost too town. If he isn't a Miller. He can't be town.

This is one of those accusations that are little frustrating since there is not much I can say to it.

--

I'm at the moment trying to go through the posts of those people who haven't claimed anything.

Burbeting

Banned
Here's some of my thoughts on the players who haven't claimed/haven't been cleared by any role.

---

01. AbsolutBro [m] - Is he the arsonist? Possibly? AB used lot of his time during D3 to defending himself and spinning the arsonist lynch movement towards Tim. To be honest, I don't really get much scumreads from AB, but he could very well be our Arsonist, if the table targeting is indeed a thing for that role. But that's partly because I definitely scum-read Tim more than Arsonist-read. It seems that Launchpad is implying to be absolutely sure that AbsolutBro is the Arsonist. Does he know something additional, or is he just going based on gut?

03. BananaSpacePrincess [f] - She hasn't been in the game too much. I'm bothered by her, since she hasn't been exactly contributive, most of the posts she has sent have been either commenting the table mechanic, or the roleclaims. She hasn't contributed much at all to the scum-hunt, and was almost completely disappeared during Day 3. She wasn't there during the Day 2 end at all, could scum have missed the weemad lynch completely? During D3 she mostly just hurried nin to tell his information. In short, Banana is a good case of Blender at the moment, sitting on the background, and waiting.

05. Camjo-Z [m] - I mentioned earlier how I thought scum Camjo wouldn't jump so firmly to be Scum Kalor's saviour. However... Kalor was the hidden partner, which changes things. Camjo would have "known" that Kalor is town, so it would be easy to protect him, right? He would get town credit and all after being so against lynching him. He even mentions how he would "get the last laugh", which made me think that he knew Kalor's alignment for sure. That's why I first thought he was town with some extra information clearing Kalor. But... maybe he was instead a scum, who thought to know Kalor's alignment, only to face a very ugly surprise once the day ended. I have to admit, the way how he claimed that Scrafty is a lying liar too aren't exactly helping my reads on him. However, Kalor voted Camjo in order to save himself. Would Kalor have done that, if he had known that Camjo is scum? It's possible, but little unlikely.

06. CzarTim [m] - Tim is the one player from the Weemad voters, who could easily be Scum. He voted for weemad very early, when there still wasn't any big traction against them. Tim was also absent/was not posting during the end of Day 2. It's possible that he simply wasn't around when weemad was being lynched, and got town credit "by accident". Everyone else voting for weemad, and Scrafty, were around when the day ended. So if any of us were scum, it would have been our priority to save Weemad, for sure. But Tim... Tim wasn't there. He is the one missing "alibi". Today Tim started the Camjo lynch against Kalor lynch, but that doesn't really say anything to us, since Kalor was the hidden partner. It doesn't really help that Tim has been really absent from the game in general lately.

07. Fireblend [m] - Fireblend has been... little blendy, as usual. He is that in literally every game he plays in, and at that point I don't if he is really blendy, or if I always tunnel him on that stuff. He hasn't taken lot of firm stances in the game, which bothers me. But what really bothers me, is his voting history so far. In day 1, he voted for Gryvan for very... shallow reason, to put it mildly. Then in Day 2, he voted for SalvaPot, again with a very small reasoning behind it (his argument was one line long!). Then in D3 he went for Kalor, but since it's more than possible that Scum thought he was town, that vote doesn't say much at all. So yeah, not exactly promising voting record so far, and not lot of firm stances to the game. Suspicious.

11. RobotNinjaHornets -> Seath: Has been very quiet so far, less than 10 posts or so. There isn't much material to go for with RNH, we don't even know if he got a drink or not. This is not great, since confirming getting the drink would have put Launch's claim to jeopardy. Is now replaced by Seath, who hasn't posted anything substansial yet. I really hope he catches up during the night phase, we need his imput ASAP. Kalor seemingly disables passive abilities, so it shouldn't have affected Launch, right?

12. Roytheone [m] - My stance on Roy hasn't changed much since the last time I made reads in D2. He is posting pretty similarly how he does in every game... which doesn't say much, because he acts exactly the same regardless of alignment. There is a reason why has won Scum MVP awards from games before, haha. But in all seriousness, I am bothered with that him not taking not that much firm stances since D2, outside of dis-trusting Kalor, I guess. He claims it's because the dousing, but what will happen if the Arsonist is succesfully lynched? Roy's vote on Kalor D2 could have possibly been an attempt to save Weemad during that day, but we can't say that for sure. Whatever the case, he is starting to slowly bother me.

13. Salvapot [m] - Salva has been bit of an enigma lately. He was very anti-town in his actions in the D2, and after weemad flipped Godfather, he hasn't been really active at all. Like I mentioned earlier, I think it's interesting that Kalor didn't vote for SalvaPot during the D2, even though he could have possibly saved weemad at that moment. But... could it really be that there was three scum in the lead for lynch during Day 2? Feels awfully optimistic, and the scum would have most likely pushed for kalor lynch over Salva (since they didn't know that Kalor was actually scum at that point). So there is a clear conflict in what actually happened during D2 end.

15. Timeaisis [m] - Time is one of those players that I have hard time to get a good grasp on. His posting style so far has been pretty typical Timeaisis, but that isn't really indicative to alignment. Only thing that comes to mind is his somewhat aggressive reaction towards me putting him to the top 3 possible scum together with BSP, after I had removed Xam from the list. During D2, Time voted for Scrafty, which was outside the spectrum of Weemad-Salva-Kalor triangle. In D3 he voted for Kalor, but that won't say much, since Scum would have thought Kalor to be town, outside making wild guesses about their hidden partner. Although Timeaisis did try to hint today at the possibility that the Scum might have already guessed Kalor to be the hidden partner... possibly to get some leeway since he had voted Kalor?

16. Ty4on [m] - For now I town-read him the most out of this group of players. He is pretty actively participating in the scum hunt, asking right and valid questions from the players etc. Obviously he could be scum hiding very cleverly, but so far I feel pretty good about Ty in general.

-----

In short, surprisingly many players in the list have some scumtells tied to them one way or another. Right now out these ten though, I Town-read Ty4on the most, followed with Roy. I think that AB is quite possibly the Arsonist, but if he isn't, I don't scum-read him either due to that pivotal jump on Weemad with Nin and Terra. Right now I'm most bothered with BSP and Fireblend, followed by Tim, Camjo and Time.

Ty4on

Why do ordinary claims not count? >.<
05. Camjo-Z [m] - I mentioned earlier how I thought scum Camjo wouldn't jump so firmly to be Scum Kalor's saviour. However... Kalor was the hidden partner, which changes things. Camjo would have "known" that Kalor is town, so it would be easy to protect him, right? He would get town credit and all after being so against lynching him. He even mentions how he would "get the last laugh", which made me think that he knew Kalor's alignment for sure. That's why I first thought he was town with some extra information clearing Kalor. But... maybe he was instead a scum, who thought to know Kalor's alignment, only to face a very ugly surprise once the day ended. I have to admit, the way how he claimed that Scrafty is a lying liar too aren't exactly helping my reads on him. However, Kalor voted Camjo in order to save himself. Would Kalor have done that, if he had known that Camjo is scum? It's possible, but little unlikely.
To that last point I don't see why a vote against Camjo would clear him. It was him or Camjo so he might as well make sure one would leave with some townie points. While he'd ideally have to move the lynch away from Camjo if he were scum it would probably just put Camjo in an even harder spot if Kalor had ended up being lynched.

My read on Camjo is that I think a scum would try to tone down a bit which he hasn't done. He also attacked Scrafty hard which makes an almost too obvious link between him and Wee.
The biggest red flag for me is that he hasn't claimed anything despite Nin tracking him N2. He knows of the tracking and used it for his vote on Burb when. That vote also begs the question of why he didn't vote for me instead.

Kevyt

Hey all!

Sorry I'm trying to catch up reading the thread, but it's also mothers day and will be spending the weekend with my mother so hopefully I can finish up catching up soon!

Happy mother's day to all of you!

Love your mamas! They've sacrificed so much for all of us.

Camjo-Z

Just popping to say that it was college graduation day here so I probably won't be able to make a real post until tomorrow. OWAH!

Burbeting

Banned
Why do ordinary claims not count? >.<

To that last point I don't see why a vote against Camjo would clear him. It was him or Camjo so he might as well make sure one would leave with some townie points. While he'd ideally have to move the lynch away from Camjo if he were scum it would probably just put Camjo in an even harder spot if Kalor had ended up being lynched.

My read on Camjo is that I think a scum would try to tone down a bit which he hasn't done. He also attacked Scrafty hard which makes an almost too obvious link between him and Wee.
The biggest red flag for me is that he hasn't claimed anything despite Nin tracking him N2. He knows of the tracking and used it for his vote on Burb when. That vote also begs the question of why he didn't vote for me instead.

Kalor's vote doesn't clear him, but makes my stance on him little more muddied. And yeah, I agree that scum would most likely tone down a little, but at the same time I think it's little odd how confident he was about Kalor being town yesterday. Only Scum knows everyone's alignment for 100% certainty... well except in the case of hidden partner and neutrals, in this case.

nin1000

Banned
This is one of those accusations that are little frustrating since there is not much I can say to it.

Sorry Burb. Just my general feeling but don't worry at this Tage of the game it doesn't make sense to vote for you since i feel that either AB or Czar Tim are the arsonists.

Ty4on

Hmm. If the plan D2 by scum was to get Wee confirmed by Scrafty it makes a little less sense to get scum voting for her. It does make some sense for her, and her alone I guess, to be scummy and accusing Scrafty. That could be what backfired.

Not that i have a huge town read on Tim, but I don't think zero scum voting for Wee is that unlikely. A last minute bus might do more harm than good and the late vote by Wee might be a peak at them desperately trying to turn things around.

roytheone

I just thought about something that makes me feel a bit better about launch not being the arsonist: at the end of day 1 I got some heat, Xam even literally said "we can deal with roy tomorrow". As an arsonist, would you douse me and take the risk I got lynched the following day? I wouldn't.

Ourobolus

Banned
I just thought about something that makes me feel a bit better about launch not being the arsonist: at the end of day 1 I got some heat, Xam even literally said "we can deal with roy tomorrow". As an arsonist, would you douse me and take the risk I got lynched the following day? I wouldn't.
What does Launch have to do with Xam's comment?

roytheone

What does Launch have to do with Xam's comment?

It was not unthinkable I would become a lynch candidate on day 2. So I wouldn't be a logical douse target. The arsonist targeting someone else and the douse getting redirected to me thanks to launch powers (thanks launch :mad: ) would explain why I got doused.

Also, I hope we will know who got doused last night, I think that is very useful information. If nobody got doused, that may be even more useful information!

Timeaisis

Hey all, sorry haven't been able to post much today. Hopefully I'll have so some more time later.

I will say Camjo is my number one scum suspect today. He defended Kalor pretty strongly before their death, even after Kalor threw Camjo under the bus, which after Kalor's flip could mean a number of things. Scum could have stacked enough votes on Kalor that a Scum Camjo could feel safe defending Kalor and voting elsewhere. He also thought Scrafty was lying, for whatever that is worth. Couple that with his generally erratic playstyle so that's where I'm at. I think we could learn a lot from a Camjo flip.

I'm still open and willing to lynch AB today, though. I think we need to find the arso soon. Especially if someone else was doused today.

Hey all, sorry haven't been able to post much today. Hopefully I'll have so some more time later.

I will say Camjo is my number one scum suspect today. He defended Kalor pretty strongly before their death, even after Kalor threw Camjo under the bus, which after Kalor's flip could mean a number of things. Scum could have stacked enough votes on Kalor that a Scum Camjo could feel safe defending Kalor and voting elsewhere. He also thought Scrafty was lying, for whatever that is worth. Couple that with his generally erratic playstyle so that's where I'm at. I think we could learn a lot from a Camjo flip.

I'm still open and willing to lynch AB today, though. I think we need to find the arso soon. Especially if someone else was doused today.
Um
Time
Kalor was the lost scum
A scum camjo wouldn't have known he was defending scum, unless scum team guessed that kalor was the lost scum

Deflect from?
Being named by one of the motion trackers maybe, I dunno?

You jumped right back on the vote for me without waiting for anyone to even say if they got doused. Something which might clear me. So by jumping on the vote and then acting like you can prove something we both know you can't prove, I can only imagine you are trying to reignite the kefluffle from yesterday to distract from yourself.

Because you claimed your power to be one shot, so if it was shown that you moved when you shouldn't be able to, it would invite all sorts of questions and scrutiny and possibly votes.

nin1000

Banned

You jumped right back on the vote for me without waiting for anyone to even say if they got doused. Something which might clear me. So by jumping on the vote and then acting like you can prove something we both know you can't prove, I can only imagine you are trying to reignite the kefluffle from yesterday to distract from yourself.

Because you claimed your power to be one shot, so if it was shown that you moved when you shouldn't be able to, it would invite all sorts of questions and scrutiny and possibly votes.

At this stage everything is possible

Vote: LaunchpadMcQ

Sorry but your power was never really confirmed.

SalvaPot

I want to confirm I got my drink, and yes, the flavor is quite pleasing, it makes me wonder why other people where afraid it was dangerous.

I'll be honest, I didn't feel Kalor was scum and I was surprised when he flipped, my top scum last day was camjo and I think is where we should be looking at now.

Also, burb, I am worried, why are you saying I was not active Day 2? I had two huge posts with reads and analyzing the voting on Day 1, gave my opinion on tops scums and who is likely to be the arsonist.

Did the arsonist douse anyone? Its weird how this time we got two drinks and no dousing. I wonder if there is some kind of blocker that intercepts actions, but instead of targeting the attacker, it targets the objective.

That's cute, but as has already been stated, I could have been targeted.

You're making a lot of loaded comments and I have no idea what you're talking about. The bolded is particularly interesting.

At this stage everything is possible

Vote: LaunchpadMcQ

Sorry but your power was never really confirmed.

This has been discussed to death already. No, I can't confirm my action. I buy Burb's claim, so one of us must have been targeted last night. I don't know what else to tell you.

Top Bottom