• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gafia 2: The Bride of Gafia |Mafia OT| One Wedding, Many Funerals

SalvaPot

I'm pretty sure there is 3 scum alive, not 1-2.

If there is 3 alive then there is more of a claim to made about one of the ordinaries lying about its role, fire, seath and me are the only ones without a proper claim, and ordinary is the obvious claim to make.

Also, burb, why weren't you targeted on night 5?

Burbeting

Banned
If there is 3 alive then there is more of a claim to made about one of the ordinaries lying about its role, fire, seath and me are the only ones without a proper claim, and ordinary is the obvious claim to make.

Also, burb, why weren't you targeted on night 5?

LaunchpadMcQ the jailor was running around, wasn't he? Jailing is much more dangerous power to scum.

SalvaPot

LaunchpadMcQ the jailor was running around, wasn't he? Jailing is much more dangerous power to scum.

That is true, yet launch had a very flimsy claim, so scum could have let him live another day and deal with you then and there, since you have been a very strong player so far.

Launch was the logical choice, of course.

RetroMG

Just a heads up - Votecount isn't working. My fault, by the looks of it, but I'm not sure what I did. I'll fix it, but I have to run out for a little bit, so it won't be until tonight.

Ourobolus

Banned

Oh hey, Salva showed.

I want to hear from Fire most of all, since he hasn't said anything, role-wise. The other ordinaries I'm going back and reading up on them and their claims.

Ty4on

I'm almost tempted to suggest we mass claim at this point.
I think claims that directly contradict the detectors could be useful. I think scum used some sort of blocking on Nin and proof of when and where they've blocked can be useful in triangulating scum.

Fwiw both detectors detected motion the night when Camjo was blocked.

Ourobolus

Banned
Fwiw both detectors detected motion the night when Camjo was blocked.

That doesn't tell us much. Nin was between Kalor and Bronx (Bronx died), and Terra was between Burb and Launch. Launch most likely jailed someone, though that doesn't necessarily clear Burb.

Ty4on

That doesn't tell us much. Nin was between Kalor and Bronx (Bronx died), and Terra was between Burb and Launch. Launch most likely jailed someone, though that doesn't necessarily clear Burb.
The point is neither were blocked, not what the necessarily detected.

Ty4on

Oh, gotcha. How would we know if they were blocked though?
If someone claims moving next to a detector that didn't detect them. That's what I meant with it could be useful to claim if you have contradictory info.

If all of my assumptions are true, that is. It is weird that the block didn't alert Nin, but on the other hand an alert like that would make it pretty obvious me or CzarTim were scum.

Ty4on

And that there isn't any misunderstanding like the detectors not detecting incoming actions.

Anyways, if Nin is telling the truth and we haven't misunderstanding his power then it looks to me like scum tried to hide CzarTim.

VOTE: CzarTim

AB didn't chime in after the nin/Ty4on thing - I also want to hear his thoughts on the contradicting info we had today.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the one night scum didn't manage a NK was the night Launch jailed Ty4on? Could be he was the target, could be he was the (would be) killer. If I had to choose between the two, Ty4on would be my choice. It's not that I think nin is being an asset, it's just that tanner-esque play from a scum player this late in the game seems unlikely.

As to the conflicting info, it would honestly not have been hard for Ty4on to guess a drink was coming his way. Look at the map. Czar and Burb already had drinks, Xam did too but we killed him. There were two people next to each other without drinks, Ty4on and Nin. They were literally the only choice.

Why would Ty4on lie about getting a drink, and what would stop him? No idea. Maybe scum's role blocker is actually another jailer (to keep scum safe from gasoline and martinis?). I heavily doubt it, but it is a possibility and would fit the seeming duality of this game. (Two motion trackers, two neutral cowlicks, two jailers, etc.)

Could also be that Nin is only detecting someone performing an action, but I honestly haven't looked back through his other reports to see if that tracks or not.

Ourobolus

Banned
It's not that I think nin is being an asset, it's just that tanner-esque play from a scum player this late in the game seems unlikely.

Yeah. Nin's only been acting like this late-game. *snicker*
sorry nin

As to the conflicting info, it would honestly not have been hard for Ty4on to guess a drink was coming his way. Look at the map. Czar and Burb already had drinks, Xam did too but we killed him. There were two people next to each other without drinks, Ty4on and Nin. They were literally the only choice.

Why would Ty4on lie about getting a drink, and what would stop him? No idea. Maybe scum's role blocker is actually another jailer (to keep scum safe from gasoline and martinis?). I heavily doubt it, but it is a possibility and would fit the seeming duality of this game. (Two motion trackers, two neutral cowlicks, two jailers, etc.)

Uh, Ty4on already had a drink. I had to target nin, but since I have to target two people, Ty4on randomly got the other one.

CzarTim

And that there isn't any misunderstanding like the detectors not detecting incoming actions.

Anyways, if Nin is telling the truth and we haven't misunderstanding his power then it looks to me like scum tried to hide CzarTim.

This is fucking bull shit though lol

CzarTim

The problem is the only person at my table without a drink last night was nin. Scum would have known oreo was going to target him + someone on either side of him. This was a known entity. So why the fuck would they block nin if they knew he'd give a false report.

CzarTim

The problem is the only person at my table without a drink last night was nin. Scum would have known oreo was going to target him + someone on either side of him. This was a known entity. So why the fuck would they block nin if they knew he'd give a false report.

Unless they were trying to railroad nin today after that bullshit yesterday?

SalvaPot

Also, why would they even bother blocking nin when they have been using his pings to confuse town?

Here is a fact, Launch protecting ty4on in the day no one died was a longshot , but scum targeting ty4on is an even bigger longshot.

I have a theory as to why roy was killed. He is regular townie, he claimed as such, and scum knew this, yet they wanted to create a pattern so town would be confused. It would have made more sense to target either me or seath who softclaimed, or any of the motion detectors. But they choosed roy because it would be the idea that scum is willing to kill town players first.

And, if they wanted to kill Ty4on, now that Launch is dead they could have just do it. Of course they could also maybe want to have town believe ty4on is scum so we mislynch him. But honestly I think its too much of a coincidence.

I think Ty4on was caught by launch, and launch didn't push harder because he was afraid it was a coincidence. And the recent development with nin just raises more questions than answers, why is a regular townie always in the middle of controversy? I think he is scum, but even if he is not scum, his flip will clear up why was he targeted and who we should look into.

I hope its not too late to do something about it after it.

Vote: Ty4on

CzarTim

Man, okay, this fucking game.

Let's go through this:

Roy was killed which actually makes me wonder if scum are targeting ordinaries -- which would give more credence to Ty being targeted. But the only reason I can think of scum targeting ordinaries right now is if there are scum hiding behind some PR claims.

All right, here we go

Dead Players:
Town
Gryvan ordinary
Kingkitty ordinary
BananaSpacePrincess ordinary
roytheone ordinary
ScraftyDevil cop
LaunchpadMcQ jailor
Xamtheking shuffler

scum
Weemadarthur godfather
Kalor disabler

neutral
Camjo-Z arsonist

Alive players
a Seath unintended consequences
b Ourobolus drink giver
c Salvapot Royal_Flush
d nin1000 Motion detector
e burbeting even commuter
f terrabyte20xx Motion detector
g fireblend ???
h czartim ordinary
i ty4on ordinary
j timeasis ordinary
k absolutbro ordinary

That is a grand total of 8 ordinary players out of 22. I call shenanigans.

22 players
2 neutrals
4 scum
16 town
~50% of town have PRs so 8 ordinary

My guess is scum has 1 claimed PR and 1 claimed ordinary

-----------

re: nin no result

Before today town had no reason to doubt the MDs so why would scum tip their hand? Like I said earlier, nin + someone beside nin was going to get targeted. So either A) scum fucked up B) they had an ulterior motive (in this case I think it'd be to cast doubt on nin and/or Ty).

CzarTim

I'm dumb, I keep thinking 4 scum for some reason.

22 players
2 neutrals
5 scum
15 town
~50% of town have PRs so 7 or 8 ordinary

CzarTim

The other thing is of the 3 potential roleblockers, fire had the least heat on him. So I dunno?

This is all wifom though. Scum might have just been trying to create as much confusion as possible to keep town disorganized.

Ty4on

How does everyone feel about burb being one of the potential lynch candidates?
lol
No
The other thing is of the 3 potential roleblockers, fire had the least heat on him. So I dunno?

This is all wifom though. Scum might have just been trying to create as much confusion as possible to keep town disorganized.
If it's a mistake then the only reason I see for them to "block" Nin is to hide your movement because you had to move. The issue with that last line is say the role blocker isn't watched by any detectors, why not just make them do the kill and let scum that is being detected stay idle? If the role blocker is being watched then why not just make some other scum member perform the kill? Like it only makes sense if all three scum members are being watched which I seriously doubt or if your power is too powerful to not use.

It also seems far fetched, but I can see this being a setup. If they thought about it they'd deduce Ouro would target Nin and someone next to him.

CzarTim

lol
No

If it's a mistake then the only reason I see for them to "block" Nin is to hide your movement because you had to move. The issue with that last line is say the role blocker isn't watched by any detectors, why not just make them do the kill and let scum that is being detected stay idle? If the role blocker is being watched then why not just make some other scum member perform the kill? Like it only makes sense if all three scum members are being watched which I seriously doubt or if your power is too powerful to not use.

It also seems far fetched, but I can see this being a setup. If they thought about it they'd deduce Ouro would target Nin and someone next to him.
Right and I was next to one of the md yesterday so it's not like I needed to be "cleared" so this just seems like a frame job.

CzarTim

Am I misreading this or are you not as suspicious of me as you were yesterday?
This is tough. I was town reading you for most of this game but the jailer thing just seemed like a big reach. And while I was town reading you, it wasn't like 100% so I felt like the information out weighed the read.

Yesterday I was going back and forth between you and time but the thing that bothered me the most was you weren't really getting a lot of votes on the day you probably should have. Like that should have been an easy push for scum but only burb can and myself voted for you. I am town reading burb, and xam just flipped town. So where was the scum team? The only way that makes sense in is if you're scum or scum was content on keeping you as a distraction.

So I dunno. With everything being weird last night I'd like to just go back to scum hunting.

Ourobolus

Banned
Ok, that's an interesting point. It's true I only had one candidate to give a drink to at my table - Nin.

I just picked Ty4on at random., but it was 50/50 if it was him or Czar, since it had to be one of them. If I had given the drink to Czar, we'd be having this same conversation about Ty instead. Czar would have a drink, Nin would detect no movement, and then we'd be looking at Ty.

Burbeting

Banned
Hmm. These are the reads of the players still alive made by weemad (removed dead player reads)

Well I don't have as much as I hoped to have. But I'm working out some reads anyway.

01. AbsolutBro [m] Seems to be scum hunting and trying to figure things out. Some baiting of power roles though. Questionable.

04. Burbeting [m] Despite his participation, I keep forgetting he's in this game. The only thing I'm pretty sure about, is that he's not a miller.

06. CzarTim [m] Seems scummy. He always seems scummy. I think he's one of the players who I read that way, no matter their alignment. Yet I can't pick out an obvious issue to attack. Will watch closely.

07. Fireblend [m] I was able to easily town read Fireblend in batman. He was relaxed and enjoying the game. Here he is suddenly tense and over serious. Something is different. It could be that he's scum.

10. Nin1000 [m] Weird stuff here. Is he drunk or not paying attention? Or scum trying to waste our time by re-explaining everything that's been finished. I have a null read overall, but there are some things bugging me.

11. Ourobolus [m] Has been contributing. Engages with other players with no apparent stress. Asks and answers questions without problem. I have a slightly town read.

12. RobotNinjaHornets [m] Is afk. But the posts he has made are very non committal. He says oh, I think, maybe, maybe not. Not getting a town vibe here.

14. Salvapot [m] Everything he's done has seemed scummy, yet when I questioned him directly he had a believable response. I guess he's not my top three scum.

16. Terrabyte20xx [m] I have trouble reading Terrabyte. I heavily scum read him in our first game, where he was town. His play style is so different from mine that we will probably clash. I don't think his play varies that much by his alignment. Lots of people are doubting his motion detector claim for undisclosed reasons, I can't offer any insight. Would have trouble defending, but I have a different lynch candidate in mind.

17. Timeaisis [m] I don't even remember him at this point. I think I'm confusing his name with other players. I guess I'll say he's blending.

18. Ty4on [m] Feels similar to his play in batman. He was town.

Would scum put other scum as their top scum? Or top town..?

Burbeting

Banned
I doubt scum wanted to hide CzarTim. There was a 50/50 chance of the other drink going for ty and other for Tim. Scum wouldn't have known for sure who was going to receive the other drink, so the information hide could have easily blown at their face.

I'm still bothered with Roy's death. I have to agree with Salva that it could be scum trying to make Ty being targeted N4 more credible... but I'm not sure.

FYI, the info said that there was no movement yet someone managed to put a drink in front of me.

It tasted great btw

This may be a strange question, but you detect motion on the seats to either side of yourself. Do you detect motion on yourself? (i.e., when you have been targeted) If not, it might explain why you got a drink but sensed nothing. A dead space, so to speak. If Czar and Ty4on already had a drink, I believe Ouro said he just wastes the drink.

Burbeting

Banned
This may be a strange question, but you detect motion on the seats to either side of yourself. Do you detect motion on yourself? (i.e., when you have been targeted) If not, it might explain why you got a drink but sensed nothing. A dead space, so to speak. If Czar and Ty4on already had a drink, I believe Ouro said he just wastes the drink.

Ty4on said that he received another drink, so I'll assume he got a PM about it. I doubt that receiving would go unnoticed by Motion Detectors.

Burbeting

Banned
In terms of time what we have left:

D7 - 11
D8 - 9 or 8
D9 - 7 or 6
D10 5 or 4
D11 3 or 2

We are running out of time soon, especially if Ouro exits the game pre-maturely. Like Terra said, mass claim might be needed soon-ish. At worst case scenario MYLO is tomorrow at 3 scum. If there is 4 scum, we could be sitting on a MYLO today.

nin1000

Banned

I guess not since i got the usual info that there was no movement.

Top Bottom