• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GeoPOT! PS3 hacker arrested for possession of Marijuana

Now we know what it takes to get some GAFfers to actually be in favor of our fucking stupid drug criminalization policies: take away their ability to play PS3 games online.

ari

Banned
2nlemc2n2km4.gif

lol

community service and other shit...no jail time. Calling it now

He will not have any problem getting a job with his skills anyway

Edit: GEOhot looks like craig from degrassi. Holyshit

Craig_008.jpg

images

Itt: we travel in time to help hitler win the war
So geohot mom's doesn't copulate and bear the child which created anon vs Sony and costed them 171 million dollars

The vitriol in this thread would be laughable if it wasn't so pathetic. A person slights your favourite console maker by daring to tamper with his own property = deserves to go to jail. Wow.

jimi_dini

The vitriol in this thread would be laughable if it wasn't so pathetic. A person slights your favourite console maker by daring to tamper with his own property = deserves to go to jail. Wow.

If that person didn't slight a console maker by daring to tamper with his own property and using Linux to hack the PS3, resulting in official OtherOS support taken away from PS3 (which he couldn't understand at all), then using the work of others to fully "open up" the PS3 and releasing that crap into the wild again for fame without thinking it through, there wouldn't be a thread at all - at least not in Gaming. He would is one of ten-thousands of people each year that get charged.

I for once don't care about actual Sony losses. I care about PS3 not getting hacked, because I like playing games without cheaters. I also like owning a console, where games still get released. And I also liked supported Linux on PS3. You see, without this guy, Linux would still be supported on PS3. And his "fix" didn't change anything. Stay on 3.56 or stay on 3.15, doesn't matter at all. Without him, Linux would still be available officially on 4.11.

That's why I won't cry a river, if he gets some problems in this case.

test_account

XP-39C²
Problem is that it isnt his property (goes with pretty much every software that one buy).

Mxrz

Argued with a cop. At a check point. In Texas. With marijuana in the car.

I'm laughing my ass off the guy, yes.

IrishNinja

It shows who played arcade games at their pizza parlor and who didn't by the reaction to it :p

some of us got the joke the first time it was posted, and still didn't go for the straight edge angle later on. i mean, it's a cool throwback, but it can't be stressed enough: dude is looking at a felony for a victimless crime.

Top Bottom