• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

German Federal Elections 2017 |OT| Electing the new leader of the free world

They're now showing a YouTuber filming himself being super YouTube.

I hate everything.

this is the world we live in now.

27UWG6Q.gif

Altairre

Phew, done with opening and sorting the first layer of all those letters. Half an hour until the actual counting starts. *cracks knuckles*

Why? Kids see others using their fingers on similar shaped devices all the time. Why wouldn't they try it?

That was pure nostalgia for the Gameboy Advance speaking from my heart :p

i dont now 2013 afd was quite different, they were a anti- euro (currency) party but not that right extreme

i could live with that. better than fdp and union or fdp, afd and union

Nobody is gonna form a coalition with AfD.

did my part via Briefwahl a while ago #fuckafd

Jesus Christ, that is a huge amount.

I wonder how you can explain the sudden increase in cities.
Rallying to vote against fascists does actually move some left asses out of their houses in Germany when they wouldn't otherwise unlike other countries

afroguy10

Sorry from an ignorant Scot that wants to learn, my German is really bad so I can't make much sense of articles being posted but are there exit polls and if so when do they get announced? When will we start seeing results coming in?

Xando

Sorry from an ignorant Scot that wants to learn, my German is really bad so I can't make much sense of articles being posted but are there exit polls and if so when do they get announced? When will we start seeing results coming in?
First exit poll is in 10 minutes

in 9 minutes the first projection will come in as polls close at the same time.

Gin-Shiio

I'm 25 years old, and this is the first election I participate in really caring about its outcome. Four years ago, I had to drag myself to the voting booth. I've gone through a fair amount of growth over the past three or so years, and turned into someone mad at anyone not excercising their right to vote. So for that reason, I am glad rates are up by principle this time around, but yet I fear the rise might come from the wrong people voting the wrong party. I guess we'll see soon.

what would be a realistic good scenario and what would be a nightmare?

It would be a sad day if AfD manages to get a seats in the Bundestag. For those unaware it would be the first time a far-right party has had significant amount of seat(s) in it since WW2.

Last edited:
and the other parties? Merkel staying is a given right?

CDU/CSU not too high and SPD not a total disaster (i.e. 20%ish) would be good.
Not enough for a CDU/FDP coalition would be good as well, though its a bit complicated with that, because another grand coalition would be kinda sucky for different reasons too...

Top Bottom