• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

German Federal Elections 2017 |OT| Electing the new leader of the free world

New elections 2018/19.
Jamaica incoming to make actually govern more difficult.
All parties suspect AfD tearing itself apart. After imploding Jamaica will announce they can't effectively rule.
Nonetheless SPD need to watch out not to drop even further. Being a "strong" opposition will be difficult with Linke and AfD as "partners". They'll be pushed into a bad light and an "extreme" corner with any opinion they'll have. Exciting times ahead of us.

tuxfool

Banned
The vast majority of the British political establishment supported Remain? I suppose in the end that didn't matter but it doesn't mean it wasn't true.

There were definitely more leavers in the Conservative party than in Labour, but the point being that putting up the referendum to mollify UKIP was an act to stop bleeding of conservative to UKIP only, neutralizing UKIP as a viable party from Cameron's perspective was only a side effect or a consequence of the former.

Hektor

kaYnbIN.png

A listing of what this years AFD voters voted for during last election.

deleted

That wasn't a really strong sprach from Merkel.

So Jamaica it is (hopefully functional).
Lindner foreign minister and Özdemir Innenminister?

Koren

Again: Calm down. This isn't comparable to Le pen, farage, Putin, Trump because it's 13%, not 50 or more.
Well, Front National in France is ten times less (1.4%) than that in parliament (because of the way it works), and the same for votes in legislatives (13% at the first turn).

It's nowhere near 50 either... The problem is that the presidentials is a two-turn vote, and the one coming in second (which was Lepen for ~20%) face the one coming first. And you can fear that people hate for the opponent may make them not vote or vote "against" and bring a strange result.

It doesn't seem to me that different in term of numbers. Even more so when FN and Lepen in France had a strange campaign to get all disappointed people. Hell, they couldn't even decide if they wanted to stay in Euro or get out... Their main idea is "you have tried everything and haven't been impressed? Try us". For all the far right (and far left) ideas they have, I don't even think that's their main appeal.

I don't think it's that different to Farage either. The Brexit isn't a Farage thing...

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.

So Jamaica it is (hopefully functional).
Lindner foreign minister and Özdemir Innenminister?

The FDP might as well prepare for another disaster in 2021 if they do that.

Dehnus

The netherlands didn't learn indeed we have two nazi's now in our house of representatives and it is scary what will become of forum for democracy (FvD) that guy Thierry Baudet is fucking scary even more than geert wilders..

Jup, outside of one of his party members having beaten the living daylights out of his girlfriend (Dyon Graus (do I spell that correctly? )), I don't think Geert Wilders would ever say "When a woman says no, she means yes!" or "Women want to be conquered.". What strikes me the most is how scared your journalists are. None dare to ask either Geert Wilders or Thiery Baudet any hardball questions.

Were you expecting something inspiring or even honest? The woman is not capable of this. Instead she plays it safe and says nothing of substance. It's her key to success.

We will be in a lot more trouble 4 years down the road.

I come from meck-pomm (don't live any more though) and I know AfD voters there and they're all just racist shits who complain about refugees and immigrants yet someone show me where the immigrants and refugees are in meck-pomm... these racist fucks don't even come into contact with them ever.

It's all they bitch about when actual real issues like infrastructure in this part of the country is shit and lack of job opportunity compared to rest.

EXACTLY

Condom

Anti-migration working class. In my family there are quite a lot of them.

The funny thing about the whole discourse in this neo-liberal age we live in is 'I lack money/work/housing/whatever but instead of voting for parties that literally want to make new policies on those things I will vote to fuck over brown people'

People just don't understand how this stuff works. If you kick out all the immigrants that will not suddenly solve all issues.

And then you have that idiotic 'muh culture' without being able to define it.

Nokterian

Jup, outside of one of his party members having beaten the living daylights out of his girlfriend (Dyon Graus (do I spell that correctly? )), I don't think Geert Wilders would ever say "When a woman says no, she means yes!" or "Women want to be conquered.". What strikes me the most is how scared your journalists are. None dare to ask either Geert Wilders or Thiery Baudet any hardball questions.

Our journalism for the last couple of years are softballs, they don't dare to ask tough question and yet it is there fucking job.

That's why they have free reign, oh yeah let's not forget Wierd Duk who is going to telegraaf he is also far right, anti climate denier, anti immigration he fits perfect for both geert and thierry he is a journalist but not that kind of journalist he spreads hate and lies.

deleted

Were you expecting something inspiring or even honest? The woman is not capable of this. Instead she plays it safe and says nothing of substance. It's her key to success.

We will be in a lot more trouble 4 years down the road.

I'm not so sure about that. I could see SPD coming out a lot stronger and afd failing to gain the same movement in 4 years.

Gandie

It's not that I want that to happen, but it's the most likely outcome in that scenario. FDP is a little above the Grünen and Außenminister is the most prestigious job after Kanzler.

Plus you can't really send Özdemir on a state visit to Turkey.

afroguy10

Claiming that the UKIP is somehow the solely reason for Brexit is silly at best. Brexit is a result anti-EU rhetoric started by Thatcher decades ago.

I'm not claiming that UKIP are the very sole reason for Brexit, I'm claiming they gained voters because of years of anti-EU rhetoric in our media and to stop them gaining any significant number of votes or seats in Parliament, David Cameron called the EU referendum. They gained what they wanted in a Leave win and are now completely irrelevant again.

The damage has been done because a group of previously irrelevant nut jobs got 12.6% of the vote and David Cameron shat the bed and called a referendum.

Ladekabel

I come from meck-pomm (don't live any more though) and I know AfD voters there and they're all just racist shits who complain about refugees and immigrants yet someone show me where the immigrants and refugees are in meck-pomm... these racist fucks don't even come into contact with them ever.

It's all they bitch about when actual real issues like infrastructure in this part of the country is shit and lack of job opportunity compared to rest.

No immigrant would ever go astray to Meck-Pomm.

Pennywise

Plus you can't really send Özdemir on a state visit to Turkey.
Fucking hell.

I'm not so sure about that. I could see SPD coming out a lot stronger and afd failing to gain the same movement in 4 years.
Yup, allthough it will be interesting to see how they'll act alongside the left.

It's truly mesmerizing.

The funny thing about the whole discourse in this neo-liberal age we live in is 'I lack money/work/housing/whatever but instead of voting for parties that literally want to make new policies on those things I will vote to fuck over brown people'

People just don't understand how this stuff works. If you kick out all the immigrants that will not suddenly solve all issues.

Exactly. But that's simply because these proposed changes go against the implicit logic of neoliberalism and are hence simply off the table. At least Merkel is not part of those who blame migrants, but give the CDU some time and a different leadership and the neoliberals themselves will start to echo the bullshit the far-right spews. Just look at what's happening in Austria right now ...

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status

Sounds familiar as hell.
Dumb cunt racists voting with their racism rather than what's good for them.

kadotsu

Banned
The EU membership wasn't and will never be a wedge issue to gain votes from the far right. Refugee reform however is. Seehofer will go for very strict limits now.

Dehnus

Our journalism for the last couple of years are softballs, they don't dare to ask tough question and yet it is there fucking job.

That's why they have free reign, oh yeah let's not forget Wierd Duk who is going to telegraaf he is also far right, anti climate denier, anti immigration he fits perfect for both geert and thierry he is a journalist but not that kind of journalist he spreads hate and lies.

So Wierd Duk is like a pundit?

So in 2013 it's not showing much of a difference between the former East and West Germany there, except maybe around Dusseldorf and Munich in the West and the areas directly east of Dresden in the East.

Apparently that's changed? Wonder what the distribution will be like now.

what you're looking at exactly?
i mean if you have a look at "Die Linke" you see a pretty significant difference between eat and west:
DKgUZSQXcAAvIso.jpg:large

and we should not expect data for this year until late into the night

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status
BBC coverage of this is hilarious. Spelling doom and gloom for Germany. "See everyone else is being an idiot too".

Dehnus

The EU membership wasn't and will never be a wedge issue to gain votes from the far right. Refugee reform however is. Seehofer will go for very strict limits now.

And how will that solve the crisis? Outside of creating even more "camps" were we can't see them, in countries that don't take human rights that serious?

Markoman

Wow, shots fired by Schulz. Never saw him as our chancellor but I feel he can be a good leader of the opposition.

My biggest wish for the next four years: more has to be done regarding integration
of east Germans, lol

Top Bottom