• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

German Federal Elections 2017 |OT| Electing the new leader of the free world

So Cirion was banned ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Schade Schokolade !

Ugh, first page. I'd prefer another black/red grand coalition to black/yellow.

So Cirion was banned ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Schade Schokolade !

Schadenfreude.
but why?

Look at the french election thread, Macron = barely any better than Le Pen and the EU makes social democracy impossible, apparently.

I just hate these ultra left ,close to pants on head positions.
And he was really rude when I posted how bad our Left party is, I'm allowed to be petty every once in a while !!11!!eins!

sure you are.
was just curious. and beside the one single encounter in this topic, i did not notice the user at all.
that's why i asked

On the one hand, yes, definitely. On the other hand, the AfD not making the Bundestag would make a CDU/FDP coalition pretty much a given, wouldn't it?

not a given, but more likely and easier to achieve

Schadenfreude.
but why?

Look at the french election thread, Macron = barely any better than Le Pen and the EU makes social democracy impossible, apparently.

I just hate these ultra left ,close to pants on head positions.
And he was really rude when I posted how bad our Left party is, I'm allowed to be petty every once in a while !!11!!eins!

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I am not sure if we will get Schwarz-Gelb after September. It will depend on how many experienced politicans are gonna return to the Bundestag, I dont see Merkel form a government with a lot of newcomers. Also, despite small fights every now and then it feels for me like she is getting along pretty well with the SPD.
We will see.

chadskin

I'd think twice about entering a coalition again if I were the FDP.

That said, I don't think anyone really wants another grand coalition and a coalition with the Greens seems unlikely given their red line on marriage equality, so ... the FDP may have to.

I am not sure if we will get Schwarz-Gelb after September. It will depend on how many experienced politicans are gonna return to the Bundestag, I dont see Merkel form a government with a lot of newcomers. Also, despite small fights every now and then it feels for me like she is getting along pretty well with the SPD.
We will see.

There is no way she is gonna decline a CDU/CSU and FDP coalition if it has a majority.
I fear for the renewable energies act if that happens. On the other hand, FDP is quite good when it comes to personal freedom. CDU/CSU, FDP and Greens would be pretty good actually. Same with SPD/FDP/Greens.

AfD at 6.5% is an outlier right now, but nice to see nevertheless :D Maybe, just maybe, we got a chance that the fools don't make it past the 5% threshold again. The weaker the better anyway.

I'd think twice about entering a coalition again if I were the FDP.

That said, I don't think anyone really wants another grand coalition and a coalition with the Greens seems unlikely given their red line on marriage equality, so ... the FDP may have to.

Of course they are going to join forces if they have a majority. If not, it will be interesting to see if we get another Union-SPD coalition or a Jamaica one like in S-H.

Fritz

We will see.

No way on earth she would decline an Union - FDP coalition

I'd be really happy with such a result but we are just entering campaigns.

Xando

AfD in self-sabotage mode. Good good. Just means they'll be less and less electable outside of the 5-10% of lunatics.
I wonder if polls are overestimating them like they did with right win populists in france, netherlands and austria.

Could get real tight with the 5% threshold if so.

I wonder if polls are overestimating them like they did with right win populists in france, netherlands and austria.

I think the leading theory is still comparable to the "shy tory" one, i.e. if anything final results will be better than polls, but let's see. State elections have mixed results on this, but the polls on those tend to be way less on spot compared to the federal elections.

On the one hand, yes, definitely. On the other hand, the AfD not making the Bundestag would make a CDU/FDP coalition pretty much a given, wouldn't it?

Who cares about that?

No Nazis in the Bundestag is always a good thing. And (I even despise myself for saying this) I even think that CDU/FDP wouldn't be that bad.

ctrl+f "sieg heil" = 0
didn't expect that

in 50% of my WhatsApp groups you would find that phrase at least ones

don't think so
German polling is always very very accurate.
but we need to wait for election day polling to be in the 1% error margin "we know who won for certain" territory

I've never seen a WhatsApp group with this many mentions of the word "nazi".

The nazis are trying to rationalize why they're not nazis, it seems.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
There is no way she is gonna decline a CDU/CSU and FDP coalition if it has a majority.
I fear for the renewable energies act if that happens. On the other hand, FDP is quite good when it comes to personal freedom. CDU/CSU, FDP and Greens would be pretty good actually. Same with SPD/FDP/Greens.

I'd like to see one of those coalitions, especially with a strong FDP that is above 10%, and especially with a SPD that leans towards the more centrist positions of its Seeheimer Kreis, but that is just unlikely to happen. What annoys me the most about a traditional CDU/FDP coalition is that the FDP would likely back down on liberal goals like gay rights or privacy to appease the conservative CDU. Social conservatism just isn't my cup of tea at all, which is why the CDU is the only party (apart from populist left-wing and right-wing bullshitters like Die Linke or the AfD) that I've never voted for.

chadskin

First CDU election posters have been released
DC7TBzGXUAALqQ7.jpg
DC7THehXUAEKPNb.jpg

DC7TIebXgAAZgpZ.jpg
DC7TJRXXcAAMw4E.jpg

Fritz

Lindner says he won't enter a coalition unless CDU/CSU agree to same-sex marriage: http://www.spiegel.de/politik/deuts...e-zur-bedingung-fuer-koalition-a-1153892.html

ZDF poll found a majority across all parties are in favor of it:

Good on him. We need a party that is adamant on individual liberties/personel freedom + small government and that is in my humble opinion what the free democrats should be doing if they had been doing their job.

And the decline of the greens on the opposite is really homemade with their overbearing shit: compulsory veggie day once a week anyone?

Been really intersted on what a big agency like Jung v. Matt got up their sleaves, so it begins...

Xando

Lindner says he won't enter a coalition unless CDU/CSU agree to same-sex marriage: http://www.spiegel.de/politik/deuts...e-zur-bedingung-fuer-koalition-a-1153892.html

ZDF poll found a majority across all parties are in favor of it:
To be honest i think same sex marriage is gonna happen in the next legislative period no matter who's in power.

Majority of us support it, Merkel said she's open to it and almost every other party in the bundestag supports it.

About time CDU conservatives get their shit together

Also Lindner is saying all the right things. FDP is definitely on my radar.

Wamb0wneD

No way on earth she would decline an Union - FDP coalition

I'd be really happy with such a result but we are just entering campaigns.

Are you working in the hotel sector? Or automibile Industry?

I wish I had a job where I could be happy with the FDP having anything to say.

Livedili

Banned
As long as Grüne doesn't make it to or above 5%, Germany should be fine. These guys are even worse than AfD to be honest. Environment > Humans, that's what they're after.

But still, wether you vote CDU/CSU, SPD, AfD, Linke, FDP or whatever you prefer, nothing will change. The lobby pretty much dictates what's going to happen. Just look at Grüne lately. After they told everyone "No more gasoline cars after 2030", their former automobile boss went on a huge rampage about how that is stupid etc. He's literally being bought by the industry/lobbyist. Source: https://www.tagesschau.de/inland/kretschmann-video-101.html

I voted for two completely irrelevant factions for the NRW poll in May, who didn't even get to 1%. I wholeheartedly disagree with everything CDU/CSU have done. I hate the SPD as of late and AfD are just a bunch of 1940 apologist retards not even worth talking about.

Living in Germany feels like sitting a car, that's driving at 300 km/h towards as massive wall. Brakes disabled. All you can do is wait for the huge crash. When it comes to "Digitalisierung" (pretty much anything that is connected to the internet), our dear politicians are beyond belief levels of retarded.

We're the only nation with the absurd "Störerhaftung". There's nothing even close as retarded in any other state in the whole multiverse. But hey, lobbyists like it. It rakes in the cash, while the common pleb gets nothing in return. Fuck, the german politicians, esp. CDU/CSU are even blocking free wifi because of that retarded rule. Meanwhile, third world countries have free wifi and better internet connections. Germany? You're happy if you get at least 6mbps. Surely this state is ready for the digital era that's coming faster than our politicians can react. because doing nothing is not reacting at all.

Are you working in the hotel sector? Or automibile Industry?

I wish I had a job where I could be happy with the FDP having anything to say.

Same. I can get behind their social liberalism, but in regards to economics? I'd rather not have their extreme company shilling in government. Small government sounds nice and all, until you're being fucked because you work in the wrong economic sector.

As long as Grüne doesn't make it to or above 5%, Germany should be fine. These guys are even worse than AfD to be honest. Environment > Humans, that's what they're after.

Besides this being part of the worst hyperbole I've ever seen, you don't really seem to get that the environment indeed IS more important/as much important than/as humans. Not in the sense you're probably thinking. We are only able to live because of our environment after all. There is no evil plot to focus on the environment and letting citizens die.

I know that Grüne are weak in other areas (pretty much by design), hence why I would want them to rule in coalition with a partner like SPD or CDU.

Livedili

Banned
Besides this being part of the worst hyperbole I've ever seen, you don't really seem to get that the environment indeed IS more important/as much important than/as humans. Not in the sense you're probably thinking. We are only able to live because of our environment after all. There is no evil plot to focus on the environment and letting citizens die.

Surely this has to be sarcasm. How can u defend a party, who wants LESS security cameras in cities like Berlin or Cologne? Yeah, please, explain. All those thugs and libanese gangs agree with that sentiment.

The environment is important? Yeah, to a degree. I don't want a Shanghai situation. But Germany is far, very far, from this. So by design, Grüne have literally no reason to exist. Well, other than to piss off everyone else.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Surely this has to be sarcasm. How can u defend a party, who wants LESS security cameras in cities like Berlin or Cologne? Yeah, please, explain. All those thugs and libanese gangs agree with that sentiment.
Survilance doesnt help shit. Get more police into the citys. This helps.

Livedili

Banned
Survilance doesnt help shit. Get more police into the citys. This helps.

While this is true, more surveillance lets the police work more efficiently. I guess it's a mix of both. Decent surveillance plus a decent amount of police presence = good. But as of right now: Neither is enough.

While this is true, more surveillance lets the police work more efficiently. I guess it's a mix of both. Decent surveillance plus a decent amount of police presence = good. But as of right now: Neither is enough.

Which terror acts in Germany happened because of not decent enough surveilance?

Xando

Surveillance doesn't help you with crime prevention.

I'd support more staff for police and intelligence services but more cameras doesn't prevent shit

The others pretty much explained this already.

The environment is important? Yeah, to a degree. I don't want a Shanghai situation. But Germany is far, very far, from this. So by design, Grüne have literally no reason to exist. Well, other than to piss off everyone else.

So being better than others is all we need? Putting one of the greatest current threats to human civilization, climate change, in more focus isn't needed?

We're combating it, but there's no telling how many millions of people will be displaced in a couple of decades. There's much to be done, and I'd welcome a greater focus on it than there currently is.

They have plenty reason to exist. Next you'll tell me Green parties aren't a wider phenomenon.

anyone remember Gottkanzler?

maximum cringe

Well, it was pretty much a parody of Trumpists, so it was sure from the start to be that cringey.

Luckily I never had to experience someone using that phrase without irony. THAT would be real cringe.

Ladekabel

I think you confused the CSU with the Greens. They are the party with the only reason for existence is pissing everyone else off.

Livedili

Banned
Surveillance doesn't help you with crime prevention.

I'd support more staff for police and intelligence services but more cameras doesn't prevent shit

The Anis Amri case could've been prevented with more surveillance. Well, and the police not being retards or covering stuff up.

Muffin1611 said:
So being better than others is all we need? Putting one of the greatest current threats to human civilization, climate change, in more focus isn't needed?

I'd argue that Germany (or most of Central Europe) isn't hit by climate change as much as other areas of the world. Still an important topic nonetheless. However, you can't force something unrealistic because you have an agenda that's not as highly important to Central Europe as say to North America or China.

Just to make things clear from the getgo: I do believe in climate change and that mankind is partly responsible for this. But I also believe that most of it is just natures' course.

I think you confused the CSU with the Greens. They are the party with the only reason for existence is pissing everyone else off.

When it comes to being annoying, CSU and Greens are almost equal to me. I hate the Greens more though.

I'd argue that Germany (or most of Central Europe) isn't hit by climate change as much as other areas of the world. Still an important topic nonetheless. However, you can't force something unrealistic because you have an agenda that's not as highly important to Central Europe as say to North America or China.

Just to make things clear from the getgo: I do believe in climate change and that mankind is partly responsible for this. But I also believe that most of it is just natures' course.

If you think Europe won't be hit by climate change as much, I don't know what to tell you. Take the current refugee crisis and multiply it by some, depending on how much we achieve before.

And I don't think that working more on that is unrealistic. I'm not proposing cutting off all coal plants right now, neither do the Greens.

Even if some proposals are unrealistic, that's exactly why I want them to work together with another party as coalition partner who can engage the brakes on things like that if necessary.

And while I agree that it's natures course (edit: in the sense that it was inevitable with the existence of humans, as Irminsul says. It's well documented that it's man-made.), I don't think that's any argument for us not to work harder to minimize the damage.

Irminsul

Well, then stop believing and read some actual research on that. Current climate change is overwhelmingly man-made.

Top Bottom