• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #9 | More Dan Meets The Eye

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curufinwe

Vinny said he wanted to continue the series, believe! And watching Brad be terrible at action games would have been no fun, at least the first game isn't quite as technical.

Brad would have had a much better time with DMC 3 SE HD. It controls more like a modern game and Gold Orb mode makes it far more approachable/less punishing.

2672705-mymosaic.jpg

Brad would have had a much better time with DMC 3 SE HD. It controls more like a modern game and Gold Orb mode makes it far more approachable/less punishing.

DMC1's problem is that it's got an old school design to it. It doesn't hold your hand at all and is more psx in its approach than later ps2 games.

DMC3 is closer to modern games in that the game will hold your hand every now and then. Still, it doesn't have any issues with kicking your ass while it's doing so.

Dizzy-4U

The best way to play Mario Party is to have everyone with 1 star from the start. It's more fun when you have something to lose from the get-go.

daydream

Banned
Oh yeah, I remembered something I wanted to bring up after rewatching the beginning of the first MPP.

Jeff expressed his immense dislike towards bonus stars being allocated at the end of a game when, in fact, you can turn those off. It's one of the things Toad asks you about when setting up a game. I'd have to check if it's in 1 but it's definitely in 2.

Myggen

Oh yeah, I remembered something I wanted to bring up after rewatching the beginning of the first MPP.

Jeff expressed his immense dislike towards bonus stars being allocated at the end of a game when, in fact, you can turn those off. It's one of the things Toad asks you about when setting up a game. I'd have to check if it's in 1 but it's definitely in 2.

The more chaos the better, so I'm pro bonus stars.

Alfredo

He probably would've somehow just picked Yellow anyway. I don't think the game tells you what each option does. :p

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I don't mean to be relentlessly negative, but man, the multitasking/movie theatre discussion made me feel like I was from another planet.

Myggen

I don't mean to be relentlessly negative, but man, the multitasking/movie theatre discussion made me feel like I was from another planet.

I haven't gone to the movies in over a year because I've grown to hate the experience. Too many people talking when they shouldn't, flashing the bright screen on their phone etc. And I'm saying that as someone who love movies. For how expensive it has gotten here in Norway, I just never do that anymore. That said, I have absolutely no problem with just watching a movie at home without needing to multitask.

imBask

Banned
I haven't gone to the movies in over a year because I've grown to hate the experience. Too many people talking when they shouldn't, flashing the bright screen on their phone etc. And I'm saying that as someone who love movies. That said, I have absolutely no problem with just watching a movie at home without needing to multitask.

you forgot the worst thing about movie theatres

the insane price$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ you have to pay to get all of that

You gotta go early and do the matinee showings.you avoid the annoying teenagers who don't given a shit and get to have a nice comfy theater experience.

most theatres open at 1pm here...

I haven't gone to the movies in over a year because I've grown to hate the experience. Too many people talking when they shouldn't, flashing the bright screen on their phone etc. And I'm saying that as someone who love movies. That said, I have absolutely no problem with just watching a movie at home without needing to multitask.

You gotta go early and do the matinee showings.you avoid the annoying teenagers who don't given a shit and get to have a nice comfy theater experience.

Most of the films I go to see have only older people and no annoying teens present. Just have to avoid going late at night to popular films :p

Pretty cheap here too, 6 dollars for a early bird and 9 for a night showing. The XD screens are 12 though.

imBask

Banned
Most of the films I go to see have no annoying teens present and only older folk present. Just have to avoid going late at night to popular films :p

Pretty cheap here too, 6 dollars for a early bird and 9 for a night showing. The XD screens are 12 though.

jesus christ where do you live? parking at my local theatre is 10$

Myggen

There's not much of an option for that here in my city. I don't think there's much of a demand for matinee showings of most movies in Norway, at least not in the medium-sized cities. Most of the bigger films start at 6pm at the earliest, and from my experience you don't get much of a comfy theatre experience at that time either (also, it's normally difficult to get to see the movie on a good screen at that time). If I lived somewhere where good matinee showings were the norm, I'd probably go more often.

Also, the price for a ticket has gone up to the equivalent of about $20 here.

Me neither, and that's what I do most of the time (I actually still buy films, crazy, I know!), but do you maybe have the option to go to smaller arthouse-ish venues? That's what I always do. They're WAY cheaper, you have a pleasant time watching, proper space for your feet and body, more movie flair, better movies, alcohol, etc. etc.

Nope, don't have that option, sadly. When I went to college I was part of a student film club that watched older movies on the big screen pretty regularly, but that's the closest I've come. Would be awesome to live in a city with a proper arthouse venue.

daydream

Banned
I haven't gone to the movies in over a year because I've grown to hate the experience. Too many people talking when they shouldn't, flashing the bright screen on their phone etc. And I'm saying that as someone who love movies. For how expensive it has gotten here in Norway, I just never do that anymore. That said, I have absolutely no problem with just watching a movie at home without needing to multitask.

Me neither, and that's what I do most of the time (I actually still buy films, crazy, I know!), but do you maybe have the option to go to smaller arthouse-ish venues? That's what I always do. They're WAY cheaper, you have a pleasant time watching, proper space for your feet and body, more movie flair, better movies, alcohol, etc. etc.

re-recorded dialog. it's worse
completely redid most of the soundtrack with inferior songs. so bad
added new gameplay options to a game that wasn't designed with them in mind
and the goofy as fuck cutscenes. theyre not "over the top" theyre just dumb.

This is the correct opinion.

Not until Brad & Dan play P4G on the PS (Vita) TV.

Yes

50 turns. No alliances.

Yes

Dan's already said on the Bombcast that they're now locked into always doing 50 turns.

Does this imply that they have the intention of playing more Mario Party games ?

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I haven't seen MGS3 in years, but it's far and away my favorite game in the series. One of my favorite games ever, it'll be interesting to see it again if they stick with the series.

Does this imply that they have the intention of playing more Mario Party games ?

Dan's always had that intention. It's not clear whether anybody else shares his optimism.

My local movie theatre recently installed those fat leather seats with the adjustable footrest things, which is great because now you get to constantly hear creaking leather and mechanical whirring as people adjust their seat every few minutes.

Chuck

Still without luck
re-recorded dialog. it's worse
completely redid most of the soundtrack with inferior songs. so bad
added new gameplay options to a game that wasn't designed with them in mind
and the goofy as fuck cutscenes. theyre not "over the top" theyre just dumb.

completely wrong. categorically superior v.o. in twin snakes

Chuck

Still without luck
Does that mean its less hokey/cheesy? Because as a MGS virgin the terrible voice work has been one of my favorite parts of watching Drew and Dan play. The game is like the video game version of an 80s GI Joe cartoon.
It gets better as the series goes on, but not in a less cheesy way really. Maybe a little bit.
Haha, yeah. Watching the first episode of Metal Gear Scanlon, Mei Ling with a Chinese accent sounds so weird!
Campbell does gruff too and it's weird. Biggest issue with 1 is the speed at which the characters throw out lines. No time to take breaths.

GolazoDan

I need to push on with MGS2. I did the Tanker chapter but barely any of the Shell thus far (like I haven't even faced the first boss in Raiden's bit). I just barrelled into it after completing the first game so I probably needed to take a break in between. I'm a bit pensive about going back because the controls can be a bit weird but we'll see.

Hoping to stop these guys from overtaking me anyway.

completely wrong. categorically superior v.o. in twin snakes

I've beaten both games back-to-back. The only thing better in Twin Snakes is Mei Ling. Everything else in the game is worse; especially the Colonel and Naomi. Both actors sound like they don't give a fuck about the job.

kai3345

Banned
ya'll need alamo drafthouse in your lives. you get to order from a full restraint style menu while you watch your movie, plus they're p strict on talkers and texters and don't hesitate to kick them out.

pronk420

really curious to see twin snakes, never got a chance to play that and it sounds super interesting

i wonder if they will do the PSP games like acid and portable ops

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom