• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bombcast - 02/10/15

jambo

brad43qw2.gif

because that's how interesting brad is

Finally we have proof of Brad leaving Giant Bomb.

Brad jumps on the shitting on Majora's Mask bandwagon with Jeff.

Then 5 minutes later says that Wind Waker is the only time that Zelda has ever tried to have serious storytelling.

Dan talking about 30 year old guys being upset about Zelda's story.
Bombcast getting upset about Zelda games.
Lol people upset about Majora being a spin off.

Edit: Metal Gear as an ANIME?! Eff that Jeff.

bonercop

Persona talk?

(I'm not an ER begger, just genuinely curious what they think of the new trailer.)

they talk a little bit about it near the end, though it seems like they didn't realize that p5 is going to be about phantom thiefs pulling sick heists.
Brad jumps on the shitting on Majora's Mask
bandwagon with Jeff.

Then 5 minutes later says that Wind Waker is the only time that Zelda has ever tried to have serious storytelling.

and here i thought he would see the light!

Tan

Jeff talking about registering and downloading Call of Duty Online reminds me of my young self generating korean social security numbers to play Digimon RPG Online. Ah, good times.

I feel legitimately bad for Dan at this point. As a big Nintendo fan he went from a workplace that has normal, rational opinions on Nintendo games to Giant Bomb.

Myggen

I feel legitimately bad for Dan at this point. As a big Nintendo fan he went from a workplace that has normal, rational opinions on Nintendo games to Giant Bomb.

I think he'll manage ;) Now he's the Nintendo editor!

they have to know. it's like they specifically engineer their comments to piss majora mask fans off!

Like with Yoshi's Island they're clearly playing it up for comedic effect, and now to an extra degree to get a rise out of Dan since Majora's Mask is one of his all time favourite games.

I'm kinda tired of Drew only talking about the games he played/sat in on for quick looks. If your not going to play anything outside of work then just get Rorie on the podcast.

I laughed when Brad burst out laughing at Drew not playing anymore outher than QL

Joeku

I guess getting "triggered" is a thing I can say I have experienced now.

This Majora's Mask talk is bringing me there. It's not often I can say that Dan is the sane one in a conversation.

If anything, the games have started to become very story focused. I mean, the story is simple but is given importance.

erawsd

I love Drew but having him over Jason on the bombcast boggles my mind.

I dont see why it has to be a choice. They did a 5 person podcast for years and it worked great. Im not disagreeing with you btw, just saying that its weird they are limiting to 4 people. If it is gonna be 4 then Jason def seems like a better fit since he actually plays games.

To be fair, I was getting uncomfortable in that part, not because I was mad of Jeff opinion but I felt that Dan tried to say more.

No every rant can be a Nights rant.

Yeah, so this is how I felt to see DriveClub get shit on by Jeff, and everyone else just agree without even having played for themselves. :)

Majora's Mask is terrible and has no right to be a part of the Zelda series. #realtalk

No way man. Go play Spirit Tracks.

Started the Bombcast.

Saw this post.

Closed the Bombcast. :(

Just don't want to deal with that right now.

jtar86

No way man. Go play Spirit Tracks.

I have, thought it was ok. Certainly better than Majora. I guess i can see why people like MM but I certainly don't. It's cool that they went for it as hard as they did; but man I was so disappointed way back when I bought this game. I gave it another shot in the virtual console but just couldn't do it.

Kyou

still need to finish off Danswers but I'm going to just assume Brad played another 15 minutes worth on content and considers himself elbow deep in the game like last week

Slurmer

Banned
Majora's Mask did suck though...

Anyways, I would be okay with Jason being on regularly mainly because I would like fighting games to have a stronger presence. I really hope they think about doing EVO features at least. It just seems like something that Jason, Jeff, and Brad/Dan could really do something with.

No, he went somewhere Nintendo is treated as just another developer instead of a special snowflake.

I love Drew but having him over Jason on the bombcast boggles my mind.

Agreed. He's an interesting guy and all but he doesn't play a lot of games so he doesn't have much to say. And when he does have something to say, he usually doesn't explain it very well.

I'm not looking forward to Majora's Mask bashing. Oh lord. I simply do not understand the loathing. It might be satire at this point?

Drew is a much more prominent personality on the site ATM than Jason, not to mention we don't even know if Jason wants to be on it weekly. I'm fine with Drew, he doesn't have a lot of games to talk about but he still is pretty funny and can offer some good points during discussions.

bonercop

drew is secretly the best giant bomb member. he's basically carrying on the torch from vinny by whispering really weird shit at the most opportune moments. fuck y'all.

No, he went somewhere Nintendo is treated as just another developer instead of a special snowflake.

I found really funny that letter about Nintendo not being technological adverse, more because it seemed to try to justified the special snowflake attitude. Well, is true that Nintendo did tried to implement weird innovate stuff but what is the value of it if they refuse to implement it or they resist so much on trying to copy the competition. Not mention that the examples given were pre GameCube era Nintendo.

They did it first but they didn't follow throught it beyond.

Maybe technological adverse is not the right word, but I don't think that is a simple problem as being stubborn (they seem to have legit tech problems in certain areas).

But is refreshing that Dan is so enthusiastic about Nintendo... It gives us stuff like the Mario Party videos.

Drew is fine. I'd prefer it to be a 5 man cast, but I don't know what's going on behind the scenes and whether they need Jason to be doing other things those hours.

Top Bottom