• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bombcast - 02/10/15

FluxWaveZ

But he is getting more than enough of that from the spin-offs. He made that comment before all of those other games were announced, and he obviously played one of the fighting games after that.

Well, no. Jeff expressed his desire for a Persona 4-2 on this podcast, after all of the currently known Persona games were announced. His opinion might be a bit different now, but it was still after knowing about all of the stuff up to a P4 dancing game.

sjack

Banned
Well, no. Jeff expressed his desire for a Persona 4-2 on this podcast, after all of the currently known Persona games were announced. His opinion might be a bit different now, but it was still after knowing about all of the stuff up to a P4 dancing game.

I'd like to remind people that Jeff also reviewed the first two Persona games and enjoyed them a lot, so I would wait and see before making snap judgements of whether he'll like P5 or not.

FluxWaveZ

I'd like to remind people that Jeff also reviewed the first two Persona games and enjoyed them a lot, so I would wait and see before making snap judgements of whether he'll like P5 or not.

Yeah, there's that too. Jeff enjoyed Persona 1 and Persona 2: Eternal Punishment, going by his reviews. Considering he enjoyed Persona 4 (not to mention P4A), that's most of the mainline games right there.

Darklord

Banned
Jeff has a Mustang, bought a new lexus car a couple years ago and now casually decided to buy a new Lexus over the weekend? God damn, he must have gotten a serious pay day when CBS bought Giantbomb.

JordanKZ

Jeff has a Mustang, bought a new lexus car a couple years ago and now casually decided to buy a new Lexus over the weekend? God damn, he must have gotten a serious pay day when CBS bought Giantbomb.

I suspect Jeff is on a very good wage, however it's pretty unlikely he could outright buy a Lexus. He probably sold his old one for a fair chunk to the dealership and spread out the rest of the payments or paid of the remainder outright. It's not as if his old Lexus was old.

ArjanN

I suspect Jeff is on a very good wage, however it's pretty unlikely he could outright buy a Lexus. He probably sold his old one for a fair chunk to the dealership and spread out the rest of the payments or paid of the remainder outright. It's not as if his old Lexus was old.

That and I don't think he spends a lot of money on other stuff, WWE supercard and Star Trek lifetime subscriptions aside :p

I'd be fine if they never talk about majoras mask ever again

If one of them actually plays it again and has a fresh perspective it's fine. I'll agree their "Jeff leans a little too hard into game X is garbage!" comedy bit is getting a bit old.

I don't think it's any kind of shock that Jeff did alright for himself with Giant Bomb, and deservedly so. That being said, trading in one Lexus for another doesn't really say too much, just probably did a trade-in and rejiggered the payments a bit.

1. Fucking Brad weighting in on Majora's Mask. Didn't he say that he hasn't even played it (neither have I) couple of episodes ago? I know he was just trolling Dan but smh.

2. I had a weird dream about The Witness couple of weeks ago. Which was weird since I didn't especially even remember it existing. It was almost a religious manifestation. Every puzzle formed a bigger whole and my consciousness expanded to an infinite. So I am pretty excited to play it and compare it to my modest and rational expectations.

Curufinwe

There's another game called Ninja, although it does have a subtitle.

Ninja_shadow_of_darkness_cover.jpg

border

Yeah, it's weird that Jeff thought Michael Pachter was out of touch or ignorant for telling him to purchase a Porsche. I think this was over E3 last year.

Then 8 months later Jeff impulse-buys a Lexus.

Yeah, it's weird that Jeff thought Michael Pachter was out of touch or ignorant for telling him to purchase a Porsche. I think this was over E3 last year.

A Lexus isn't a porsche. Also don't know why you think it was an impulse buy? Seems like a weird thing to discuss, Jeff's spending habits/money.

Is there anywhere I can go to see the tattoo they were talking about in the mail section?

He had a Lexus before that too though, right? Sounds like he just got a newer model.

border

A Lexus isn't a porsche. Also don't know why you think it was an impulse buy?

Sportier Porsches start at like $50K for a Boxster. At least in terms of price they can be comparable to Lexus (depending on the models we're talking about).

I assumed it's something of an impulse buy because he said he went out to help his mom buy a car, and ended up buying a car on his own.

Curufinwe

You can get a lot for a trade in, though. Especially if it's not very old. Our 2008 Jeep paid for over half of our 2013 Kia Soul even though it had some serious problems with the brakes (which is why we got rid of it).

KingKong

I'm kinda tired of Drew only talking about the games he played/sat in on for quick looks. If your not going to play anything outside of work then just get Rorie on the podcast.

I laughed when Brad burst out laughing at Drew not playing anymore outher than QL

yeah every time Rorie is on he contributes so much more to the discussion than Drew, I don't understand why he's not a regular

Jeff is trolling Dan so hard with Majora's Mask. LOL

Patrick learned after a while to stop, but I think Dan is a little bit more stubborn. I'm glad we have a champion for the game on the crew, but I think he needs to stop, because Jeff will never like it, and Brad will never play it (though he will have a strong opinion about it anyway because why not).

It's tired. Even if Jeff is trolling, it's tired. The arguments never change, they never change each other's opinions. Let it go. Let Jeff play his FPSs and Brad his DOTA and everyone will be happy.

Sportier Porsches start at like $50K for a Boxster. At least in terms of price they can be comparable to Lexus (depending on the models we're talking about).

I assumed it's something of an impulse buy because he said he went out to help his mom buy a car, and ended up buying a car on his own.

Jeffs a tall big guy, he's not buying a boxster for a daily driver.

Fjordson

Poor Dan =[ you have my sword on Majora's Mask!

Drew is fine. I'd prefer it to be a 5 man cast, but I don't know what's going on behind the scenes and whether they need Jason to be doing other things those hours.
Yeah, that's how I see it. Like when Vinny was on the 'cast because they had Drew to do production work. Now with him gone and Drew more of an on-camera/on-air personality they have Jason doing that stuff.

You can get a lot for a trade in, though. Especially if it's not very old. Our 2008 Jeep paid for over half of our 2013 Kia Soul even though it had some serious problems with the brakes (which is why we got rid of it).

Yeah I was just about to say this. We just bought a brand new car using the old one as a down payment basically. It's not that weird.

convo

I don't know if he was willing to get through the story of Ultimax yet and i have not either. But he can still think of it as a different game. He enjoyed the characters in Catherine but not the game play. At the very least more of the crew would be willing to play the next game at least. Speaking of which has Patrick started with Golden yet?

I'm kinda tired of Drew only talking about the games he played/sat in on for quick looks. If your not going to play anything outside of work then just get Rorie on the podcast.

I laughed when Brad burst out laughing at Drew not playing anymore outher than QL

I wish he contributed more to the discussions in general. It feels like Drew goes quiet for long periods of time and then yells a random word out there that might have something to do with what everyone else is talking about?

You know like when someone tries to participate in a discussion on something they don't really know anything about?

Dude needs to play some more recent games and get involved.

LiK

I don't think Drew plays that much at all. He should start MGS3 soon so they could have some discussions about it on the show.

convo

Is Brad just riding the bandwagon on the MM hate? He doesn't seem to talk about actually playing that game that much.

Bacon

Is Brad just riding the bandwagon on the MM hate? He doesn't seem to talk about actually playing that game that much.

He said a couple weeks ago that he played it for one sitting and then never touched it again

Now it's a garbage game

LiK

He said a couple weeks ago that he played it for one sitting and then never touched it again

Now it's a garbage game

that was for the N64 game tho. he never actually played the remake, iirc. i dunno why he loathes it that much. i'm gonna give it another chance. i never liked it on N64 either.

sjack

Banned
LOL The tone of the way Brad asked if Jeff has seen the Persona 5 trailer and Brad's own reaction to the trailer almost reminds of that comic with the asshole dad finding his obese, weeb son watching anime and asking why he hasn't outgrown his girl cartoons yet.

Wrong GB thread. Too many tabs to keep track of. Jeff's story about Chinese CoD is insanely entertaining. That sounds so convoluted.

FStop7

Banned
LOL The tone of the way Brad asked if Jeff has seen the Persona 5 trailer and Brad's own reaction to the trailer almost reminds of that comic with the asshole dad finding his obese, weeb son watching anime and asking why he hasn't outgrown his girl cartoons yet.

Some people are amazing at building narratives around the most benign statements. All I heard was a question and an answer.

yeah every time Rorie is on he contributes so much more to the discussion than Drew, I don't understand why he's not a regular

Don't let this happen. Jesus christ, that would destroy the bombcast for me. I admit that Drew doesn't talk much, but he's a part of the crew. Rorie isn't. At all.

Bacon

Don't let this happen. Jesus christ, that would destroy the bombcast for me. I admit that Drew doesn't talk much, but he's a part of the crew. Rorie isn't. At all.

Yeah I'd rather have Drew's quietness than have to listen to Rorie's rambling nonsense every week.

E: Sorry that sounds mean. I like rorie in small bursts. UPF is enough for me

rudds

Name 10 better posters this year
Brad jumps on the shitting on Majora's Mask bandwagon with Jeff.

Then 5 minutes later says that Wind Waker is the only time that Zelda has ever tried to have serious storytelling.

I said it's the only time it's ever tried to establish a believable chronology that was worth a shit outside the one game.

rudds

Name 10 better posters this year
Brad is a firm believer in playing games via osmosis.

I like to think that having played hundreds if not thousands of games over the course of 30+ years, I'm pretty good at knowing what I do and don't like. But what do I know.

Okay, informal poll for Majora fans: how old were you when the game came out? I need to know how much the Mid-'90s Nostalgia Effect is a factor in this discussion. I bet it's more than a lot of people would willingly admit. Only way I can explain the batshit vehement defenses of the game every time we talk about it.

K.Sabot

Majora's Mask holds up brad.

I didn't play it when it came out and I was young, its my second favorite zelda behind WW. No nostalgia here.

Bacon

I like to think that having played hundreds if not thousands of games over the course of 30+ years, I'm pretty good at knowing what I do and don't like. But what do I know.

Okay, informal poll for Majora fans: how old were you when the game came out? I need to know how much the Mid-'90s Nostalgia Effect is a factor in this discussion. I bet it's more than a lot of people would willingly admit. Only way I can explain the batshit vehement defenses of the game every time we talk about it.

Didn't play it until 3 years ago and loved it

Top Bottom