• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant spider traps terrified family inside their home

RedRum

Banned
A few seconds, a can of hairspray, and a lighter. That's all you need to beat that fucker.

...and ebony armor with daedric weapons as a backup.

8RcQFre.gif
Fuck you. For real I jumped lol.

Been here in Aussie for nine months, after 22 years in inoffensive Europe, hearing tales of how terrifying life in Australia would be (fauna-wise), and honestly, it's not.

Yes, you see the occasional snake and spider, but nothing close to a real-life Fallout or Dark Souls. :)

that is exactly what I'd expect a hungry spider to say...

v1lla21

spider.jpg

"Aye b, let me in is cold out here."

spider.jpg

"ayyye look at me, I'm doing the spiderman. Kiss me."

spider.jpg

"Aye was gud. You tryna cop some Web? Hmu I got dat 🔥🔥🔥🔥"

Alienfan

I remember my terrifying encounter with one of those in Australia. You can hear them running about, almost as loud as human foot steps. It's crazy

Stuggernaut

Grandma's Chippy
FTELFOOTS (fuck the ever loving fuck out of that shit). I'm sure you get used to it when you live there, but ... seriously... FTELFOOTS!!!

I have never, and will never go to that god forsaken continent. lol.

Thankfully Huntsman spiders are harmless. They look intimidating as fuck though when you come across one. I got in my car to drive home from work one day and there was one hiding in between the furthest left side of my car door and where it comes together with the car, near the hinge. Scuttled INTO a hole in the car door. Suffice to say I was nervous the entire trip home. Get home, get out of car and the fucker was on the roof. How he got there still stumps me to this day.

I truly would not have gotten into that car

adin75

Haha, I love reading the comments of Australian killer fauna threads.

These guys can get pretty big, but they're all legs and quite harmless. I remember as a kid when we would go camping and a log was thrown on the fire these guys would come crawling out from under the bark, my sisters and I used to rescue them and let them go in the trees.

Stasis

A huntsman again =/

I mean, yeah I'd be a bit shocked if I saw one chilling on my patio here (The largest we have are dock spiders) but I'd immediately recognize it and Google to verify. There are ways to deal with these easily without killing them.

Earlier this year I had to remove a wasp queen and starter nest from out BBQ. She was pretty docile. I tried to set her up elsewhere but she left after a while. Apparently the species will start multiple nests and just go to the one that didn't fail. I hand fed her agave syrup and she was fine. People raise these things.

Neith

Banned
I like how the articles says the spider got angry, like they are sharing the house with an angry neighbor lol. Oh dear god.

I expected a hunstman but hoped for something more exciting.

Sort of did find it at the bottom I guess.

They move like that? Omg that's hilarious, it's like it was a single frame animation of it just booping out of frame like a 1920s cartoon.

Fucking Australia is so wacky.

Orb

Me when the family cooking them ribs

I love spiders

Especially when they're comically gigantic

Huntsman spiders are also really fast, so that's fun. I've never seen one that big in person but they've given me a few scares over the years.

The worst was one Easter morning when I plucked a large chocolate egg out of a nook in one of our big trees. I grabbed the egg, turned it around and was met with a huntsman covering the entire other side of the egg.

Top Bottom