• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Girls - Season 4 - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vert boil

Created by and starring Lena Dunham ("Tiny Furniture"), the show is a comic look at the assorted humiliations and rare triumphs of a group of girls in their mid-20s. Dunham wrote and directed the pilot of the series, which she executive produces with Judd Apatow and Jenni Konner. The cast also includes Jemima Kirke, Allison Williams, Zosia Mamet, Adam Driver, Alex Karpovsky, Andrew Rannells and Ebon Moss-Bachrach. Shot in New York, the 10-episode fourth season premieres on January, 11 2015. The series has been renewed for a fifth season.

Cast

Videos

-----

Girls has already been renewed for another season.
;(

Thanks for putting the thread together. This show is very uneven, but I'm in for another season.

Also, a quick moderation note - let's do our best to keep this thread on track and focused on the show. If you'd like to discuss Lena Dunham's other work (e.g. her memoir), please use another thread.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
god I love January
all new seasons and all the shows that went for a break seem to come back in a week

excited for this, season 3 was a big step up from 2 imo

terrene

Banned
I sort of hate watch this show -- it's not all that funny, particularly well-acted, well-written, realistic, relatable, nor good drama. But it's fairly enjoyably lightweight and frivolously angsty in a "My So Called Life" kinda way. Guess I'll watch?

Bladenic

Legit loved S3. As always I'll say that I hope it becomes more about girls than girl aka Hannah but I doubt it. More Shoshanna please.

Cool that it's already been renewed.

Ovid

Season 1 was good.

Season 2 was a damn mess.

Season 3 was okay

Season 4 ????

At this point Girls is just holding me over until GoT. I like the show but it's just really inconsistant.

Sanjuro

Season 1 was good.

Season 2 was a damn mess.

Season 3 was okay

Season 4 ????

At this point Girls is just holding me over until GoT. I like the show but it's just really inconsistant.

I think the big issue for me is the characters purposely become all unlikable. That can work in some programs, mainly dramas. Here it adds a bit of weight to already inconsistent programing.

Be nice to see Gillian Jacobs outside of Community. She's clearly the best actor on that show.
the only thing other than community I seen her in was the movie where she shows her knockers because it's on a lot of....sites. :/

But I digress. I agree with cornballer. To me this show half gets on my nerves but it's also half funny. I like the guys on the show which is funny given the title.

Ovid

I think the big issue for me is the characters purposely become all unlikable. That can work in some programs, mainly dramas. Here it adds a bit of weight to already inconsistent programing.
I totally agree.

Charlie became a rich, super successful owner of a startup overnight. What? When the hell did that happen? When did he ever want to become a business owner? I don't remember that ever being mentioned.

Whatever, I will definitely watch S4. I'm committed to the show.

I just can't stand the fact that Dunham writes Hannah Horvath like we're supposed to sympathize with her, when she objectively is a fucking monster who I wouldn't want to be in the same room with for more than five minutes.

She's like a goddamn It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia character, but that shows know that everyone on it is a reprehensible piece of shit.

I just can't stand the fact that Dunham writes Hannah Horvath like we're supposed to sympathize with her, when she objectively is a fucking monster who I wouldn't want to be in the same room with for more than five minutes.

She's like a goddamn It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia character, but that shows know that everyone on it is a reprehensible piece of shit.

Hannah is a hot mess and I appreciate that her world comes crashing down.

You're suppose to sympathize with how deluded and out of touch she is with the actual world. She's very much the anti-Carrie Bradshaw. She can't get published because of her prior publishing deal falling through so going back to school Is her fallback option.

She even writes an in joke about sex and the city in season 1.

Grizzo

Season 3 was entertaining even if everything kinda went to shit for every character (and some of them had it coming to be honest).

I'm excited to see what's gonna happen to our four heroines but also Ray and Elijah.

I've read that the show was already renewed through season 5. I can't see the show lasting much longer than that, truthfully.

NolbertoS

As a guy, I admit, I'n addicted to this show now. Was initially thinking Girls was more chickflick an talking about female issues, and guy problems but now like the stories on the show. Saw all of season 1 on HBO during a rerun marathon and now will definitely watch the rest.

MG310

Trailer makes it look like Shoshanna will have a bigger role this year.

I approve.

Also looks like we've got another coked out Elijah adventure coming.

Season premiere tonight:
Iowa

Hannah and Adam discuss a plan for their relationship; Marnie and Desi perform as part of a jazz brunch; Shoshanna signs for her diploma with her parents; Jessa is confronted by Beedie's daughter.

Grizzo

Season premiere tonight:

uh oh Marnie
better get the hell away from Desi. Those two hooking up can't be a good thing. I know they kissed in last season's finale but I was hoping she would understand that this could not work due to him having a girlfriend.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
Hope this streams on HBO Go okay.

I'm surprised this show keeps getting renewed considering its low ratings. Also, another +1 for Shoshanna.

Hope this streams on HBO Go okay.

I'm surprised this show keeps getting renewed considering its low ratings. Also, another +1 for Shoshanna.

The only times I've run into serious issues streaming over HBO Go on Sunday nights have been during Game of Thrones season. (And it has been terrible, no doubt.)

I think I might have had a couple issues during The Leftovers, but it wasn't nearly as bad as Game of Thrones.

I'd expect it will probably run fairly smoothly tonight.

The only times I've run into serious issues streaming over HBO Go on Sunday nights have been during Game of Thrones season. (And it has been terrible, no doubt.)

I think I might have had a couple issues during The Leftovers, but it wasn't nearly as bad as Game of Thrones.

I'd expect it will probably run fairly smoothly tonight.

There were also pretty widespread issues with the True Detective finale.

MG310

Marnie continues her undefeated streak of being human garbage...and she found an equal to nest with!

Also Rita Wilson is the best.

DopeToast

Banned
Excited to see how they do the whole Iowa Writers Workshop this season. Last season was weird. Shoshana and Jessa weren't used enough in the last season, and Marnie's story was just all over the place. I think her story got to be harder to write after the guy that played her boyfriend left after season 2. The way season 2 ended they seemed to want to make him a regular character.

This show has a way of tugging at my heart strings. Hope this season is good.

EDIT: Haven't seen the episode; gonna watch it tomorrow.

On Demand

Banned
Yeah I'm watching right now and that part came out of nowhere. I had to turn my tv down.

Any reason why there's only 10 episodes this season?

Just watch the opener. It's crazy how... ehhh.... two faced Marney is. Also, its like she wants things but can never commit, so she always gets herself in situations that are less than ideal.

Pretty much a female version of myself...

Lol at her old boyfriend cut buddy coming back to watch her at the show. He's definitely pussy whipped.

The principal gay guy on the show is my favorite character of all now. I used to think I couldn't relate to him because he was gay, but I relate to him more than any other character now.

Adam is annoying as fuck, as usual. And his debut on this episode is a prime example of why. Hannah finally managed to have a decent convo with both her parents present, and he just fucks it up. I never really liked his character (the actor who plays him is outstanding), and I don't think I ever will.

Sosh was being Sosh, loveable and naive.

Not a real big fan of the British girl (for the same reasons I don't like Adam- but less), but she was tolerable in this episode.

Overall, a good way to ease into the season.
How is it Marnie is the most attractive yet most pathetic?
To me, that's pretty realistic. The only reason she really gets anywhere in life is because she's good-looking. If she actually put effort into something, she would be unstoppable.
I fail to see what was shocking about that scene.
Ass eating is still disgusting though, and always will be.

terrene

Banned
Nothing really happened in that episode.

I always love when Marnie makes an ass of herself. I'm talking about her singing, just in case that could be misconstrued... Cringe humor is the best thing the show has going really. And the performances from Zosia Marmet and Adam Driver.

Bladenic

Ass eating is still disgusting though, and always will be.

Cool story. Not, yawn.

Anyway lol at "shocking" and "risqué" although that was the first time a main girl other than Hannah had a scene like that

Also @terrene how can you possibly say nothing happened? Everything in the premiere set stuff up for the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom