• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Girls - Season 5 - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus

Created by and starring Lena Dunham ("Tiny Furniture"), the show is a comic look at the assorted humiliations and rare triumphs of a group of girls in their mid-20s. Dunham wrote and directed the pilot of the series, which she executive produces with Judd Apatow and Jenni Konner. Shot in New York, the 10-episode fifth season premieres on February 21, 2016. The series has been renewed for a sixth and final season, to air in 2017.

Cast

Videos

Season 5: Trailer
Season 5: Invitation to the Set

Hannah Character Mashup
Adam Character Mashup
Marnie Character Mashup
Elijah Character Mashup
Jessa Character Mashup
Ray Character Mashup
Shoshanna Character Mashup

IJAP205.jpg

Hey, this is back. Cool. I mostly just watch for the guys because they all crack me up between Elijah/Ray/Kylo Ren.

I hope Marnie becomes less cringe worthy this season.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
The season premiere is tonight!

Wedding Day

Season 5 opens with Marnie's wedding at an Upstate New York resort, where a gloomy weather forecast, an unhinged makeup artist and Desi's neuroses could conspire to make it a memorable occasion for all the wrong reasons.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
The show seems different this year somehow. The characters seem slightly more mature, maybe? Anyway, I thought that was a solid premiere episode, if not a little light on the laughs.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
This snuck up on me! Wasn't completely sold on season four, but I thought they brought it together really, really well by the end of the season.

I'll watch this later today I think.

Staccat0

Fail out bailed
Man, I really like how Hannah has seemingly grown through the show.

Marnie and Jessa are still fun to hate haha

I almost expected Adam's weird blunt no bullshit attitude to surprise everyone and have him bust up the wedding.

It's solid - about on par with season 3.

Same. It has at least one or two of the best eps overrall.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
I liked this episode
Pleasantly surprised to see adam back

I had a strange experience with the episode because I didn't watch a recap and couldn't remember Desi. So for about five minutes I couldn't figure out who Marnie was marrying and if I was supposed to know...then I thought it was Ray and was pleasantly surprised....and then Desi reappeared. Was a pretty funny recollection.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
I had a strange experience with the episode because I didn't watch a recap and couldn't remember Desi. So for about five minutes I couldn't figure out who Marnie was marrying and if I was supposed to know...then I thought it was Ray and was pleasantly surprised....and then Desi reappeared. Was a pretty funny recollection.

I had a similar thing with Hanna's boyfriend

j-wood

Man that was a boring premiere. Hannah is still a jerk I see. It's you're friends wedding day, and you're going to be stubborn about how you do your hair and makeup.

ok.gif

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
People thought some of the characters seemed more mature? I wish I watched that episode. It took maybe three minutes for everyone to exhibit the same self-centered, superficial bullshit as always.

Ray was amazing as usual. I wish that guy would get cast more but I guess her fills a pretty niche type so it's hard outside of girls. I think Adam driver has really grown as an actor as well over the course of the series. That scene with him and Hannah's new boyfriend was expertly done. Both of them had me cracking up

Andy Greenwald on his podcast said episodes 2 and 3 are stronger episodes overall. Looking forward to it. Also shipping Adam and Jessa.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
New episode tonight!

Good Man

Fran moves in with Hannah when his roommate's behavior takes a turn for the worse. Meanwhile, Hannah's dad needs help when he dives into the deep end of the dating pool; Adam and Jessa spend the day together after an encounter at an AA meeting; Ray sees a rival in a new cafe across the street; and Elijah meets a well-known news anchor.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
That was a really strong episode - the humor was on point and the end solidly laid out the path that Hannah is going to be headed down this season. It also didn't hurt that Marnie was nowhere to be seen.

Rookje

I've had Kelela - Rewind on repeat all week and couldn't believe I heard it in this episode (the bar scene). Awesome.

Matt_

Lena Dunham Hospitalized, Actress to Undergo Surgery

The 'Girls' creator-actress revealed in February that she wouldn't be doing any press for the show's upcoming season due to endometriosis.
Lena Dunham was hospitalized Saturday morning due to a ruptured ovarian cyst and will undergo surgery, The Hollywood Reporter confirms.

"Lena Dunham has been very public with her personal bouts with endometriosis. This morning, she suffered from an ovarian cyst rupture and has been taken to the hospital," Dunham's rep, Cindi Berger, said in a statement to THR. "Lena will be undergoing surgery at an undisclosed hospital. We thank you for you understanding and hope that Lena's privacy will be respected."

hope she'll be ok

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
New episode tonight!

Japan

Shoshanna's job in Japan is a perfect fit with an even better boss; Hannah is shocked by what she finds on Fran's phone; Jessa and Alex critique Adam's performance on a TV crime drama.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom