• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Girls - Season 4 - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

DopeToast

Banned
Wow. That was one of the best episodes I've seen in awhile. Almost everyone had at least one meaningful scene and had something important to do or say. The story about Hannah's dad is interesting. I like when they include them. Even Jessa at least had some character-building dialog, even if she's still not doing anything for the last two seasons. Ray and Shosh have got to get back together. I'm sure it's gonna happen.

I wish Elijah had more to do, though. He's my favorite. Marnie is an idiot.

I'm trying to figure out...is Desi supposed to be coming across not just as immature, but as unintelligent as well? He has a mini-mental breakdown every time Marnie asks him a question that he doesn't know the answer to...

I'm trying to figure out...is Desi supposed to be coming across not just as immature, but as unintelligent as well? He has a mini-mental breakdown every time Marnie asks him a question that he doesn't know the answer to...

I think Desi is not comfortable with being slightly challenged by anyone.

He uses the whole "I'm an artist and we're creating art" as a cover for his stupidity.

$2,000 is a pretty small advance though.

mellz

He's a misogynistic manipulative sociopath who uses the indie folk music hipster thing as a façade

MG310

It looks like it physically hurts him to move/act/speak any time he is engaging with Marnie outside of sex.

Staab

Dat St.Vincent song at the end, so good !

Nice episode it was.
Can't wait for more Ray politics shenanigans.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
The penultimate episode of the season airs tonight

Daddy Issues

Hannah faces a family crisis that calls her maturity into question; Jessa, Ace, Mimi-Rose and Adam find themselves in an awkward situation; Marnie unveils a surprise at Ray's campaign party.

This season came and went like a summer breeze...

Now I'm gonna have to wait another year for more of Adam and Hannah relationship tease.

inb4 our weekly "Marnie is a piece of shit"

"Let's keep it ourselves for now"
*not 10 seconds later rubs it in Ray's face*

-------

Jessa and Adam have been a fun little tag-team this season.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Good episode. I liked seeing Jessa stand up for herself (and Adam).

Also, lol @ Marnie announcing to a room full of strangers that she's engaged.

Dereck

Boundaries Hannah, boundaries!

EDIT: Quinto got the shirt game on lock

rVhBEdH.png

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
it is crazy how much more I've liked this season than the last two

Dereck

This is the best episode from this season, specifically because we got a little bit of everyone.

lmao at Mimi-Rose "I choose no one".

So after all that Mimi-Rose ends like that? lol.

Makes the whole I got an abortion, I'm outta here wait no argument and stuff seem like a waste of time.

"I choose no one" was pretty funny though and what you would expect from the character she is trying to be haha.

Poor Ray, why doesn't he just leave stupid Marnie to be stupid Marnie.

I like some of the stories they've set up this season, its just dumb its gonna end again for another year without really getting into any of them. They dragged their feet a bit and now its all "Well look at the time!" *season ends*.

Ray and Hannah looked miserable in those closing seconds.

This next episode better deliver with either Marnie & Ray or Adam & Hannah.

Bladenic

Everything about that obviously poking fun at Hannah's flaws and criticisms about the character and show. It was funny.

Bladenic

Man the last episode really was great. Rewatched it and it was funnier this time.

And I think it has my favorite ending shot of the show so far, Entropy starting as Ray and Hannah say they're faking everything.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
The season finale is tonight!

Home Birth

In the Season 4 finale, Hannah, Adam and Jessa try to persuade Caroline and Laird that their plan for a home birth isn't such a good idea. Meanwhile, Shoshanna has a lot to consider when she mulls a unique job opportunity; and Marnie and Desi have a meeting with a record-label executive, after which Ray gives Desi a piece of his mind.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
I don't recognise those names, have we met them before?

robotrock

Banned
That childbirth stuff was pretty extreme and funny but otherwise this episode sucked

6 months later, what. Is this a series finale or something? I thought that dude didn't want anything to do with Hannah.

Also I'm sure Pitchfork and The Fader really enjoyed that indie acoustic performance.

Was that Spike Jonze?

MG310

That was probably the most eventful half hour the show has had and one of the best. Jessa's new direction is the only one I'm not sure about.

The time jump was strange..like it would be the first scene of the new season.

Marnie is going to rip Ray's soul out just in time for him to be the one to show up at the airport for Shoshanna instead of Fancy Cup O' Soup Man.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Oy. Why does Jason Ritter love Shoshanna? Why does Ray think Marnie is a beautiful, complex fully formed woman? Why does teacher dude find Hannah worth his time now?

What was the point of that time jump? Except to presumably handwave all of Hannah's immature bullshit that dominated the season and make this dude want to be with her.

I think I need a sponsor, someone to stop me next year from watching this again.

KingKong

I hate Desi so much, good job by the writers on that one. I also hate Marnie almost as much and I don't think they intended that though

Put this piece of shit out of its misery already. Terrible.

Yeah, I made the mistake of watching this right after tonight's Shameless.

The gap in quality was staggering. Shameless manages to be outrageous but still fundamentally make sense, something Girls seems unable to accomplish. That time jump at the end for like 30 seconds of footage just so Hannah can get her man? Total fucking amateur hour.

Blastoise

Banned
I still don't understand if we, as an audience, are meant to feel sorry for these characters 'struggles' or is everyone self aware of how pathetic it is.

GtwoK

I'm not entirely sure why I still watch this show.

I think it's cause every so often it has one of those really brilliant moments that make me feel some sort of way that I'm not even sure what it is. Like that entire Joshua episode. Or that scene of Hannah eating cake on the beach alone after being up all night. That kinda stuff.

I wish there was more of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom