• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Girls - Season 4 - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Only a true cunt would pack up her life and move back to New York without telling a single person.

Who does that?!

Why would she not call Adam and let him know that she's moving back to the city? It makes zero sense. The pop in, move-in! Are you fucking kidding me?

What a stupid fucking show full of uninteresting self absorbed blowhards.

No need to spoiler tag stuff from episodes that have aired.

ezekial45

Banned
Fuck every main character except Ray, Adam and Shoshanna. Seriously, everyone is so unlikable. Marine is the worst, though. Good lord.

Marnie almost had 5 whole seconds of awareness that Desi is a piece of shit there.

She's either banking on the whole music thing to become a reality or she's just dense.

Hannah on the other hand has the nerve to type a letter apologizing passive aggressively and gets mad when the other writers don't accept it?

Lena's gone off the deep end to make people hate everyone except Shoshanna.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
character arcs

a character starts somewhere and makes decision(s) from which they can't move back from, and learn something over time

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
Because this show is so REAL.

Did you not see Hannah sitting on the toilet? Real as FUCK.
That's a very valid criticism: stupid inclusion.
Marnie almost had 5 whole seconds of awareness that Desi is a piece of shit there.
I expected her to reject him since men crying is a huge turn off for her, like with Jessa's future husband and the artist played by Norma from Lonely Island. Dude is just that good giving cunnilingus!
Only a true cunt would pack up her life and move back to New York without telling a single person.

Who does that?!

Why would she not call Adam and let him know that she's moving back to the city? It makes zero sense. The pop in, move-in! Are you fucking kidding me?
I think you're being too hard on her. It was intended to be a surprise/romantic.
The scenes with Ray screaming at traffic were a bit much, but I liked Shoshanna's scenes a lot.
I thought it fit his neurotic nature. I hope to see him follow through with Shoshanna's advice.

It was nice to see Marnie giving someone a dose of reality for once when she was talking to Shoshanna. I can't hate on Hannah like other people here since I can relate to not having graduate school work out and being a fuck up.

I really enjoyed this episode.

Blackhead

Redarse

Who does that?!

What a stupid fucking show full of uninteresting self absorbed blowhards.
Lol wut? Did you miss the scenes in earlier episodes where Adam was not taking her calls or replying her messages?! You're seriously blaming Hannah for walking back into their apartment when he didn't even have the courtesy to break up before finding a new girlfriend?

*smh*

Lol wut? Did you miss the scenes in earlier episodes where Adam was not taking her calls or replying her messages?! You're seriously blaming Hannah for walking back into their apartment when he didn't even have the courtesy to break up before finding a new girlfriend?

*smh*

I thought they broke up before she left for Iowa?

Bladenic

This episode was really good and really depressing imo.

I like that it was a very Shoshanna centric episode. She and Ray were great together and I really want them back together.

It kinda feels like Iowa lasted like 1 month tops, Adam sure didn't wait long. Stuff like that makes Girls feel a little unrealistic. Doesn't she have a lease on that house? I did like how she just left Elijah there lmao

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I thought it fit his neurotic nature.

I mean, I did too, but what I meant was that watching a character scream at cars for several scenes wasn't compelling in the least. It was really grating. I guess that was the intention but I didn't enjoy it - didn't think it was funny or whatever.

I mean, I did too, but what I meant was that watching a character scream at cars for several scenes wasn't compelling in the least. It was really grating. I guess that was the intention but I didn't enjoy it - didn't think it was funny or whatever.

Not compelling and grating? Sounds like a Girls episode
(or my posting style)
to me.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
I'm not sure why I'm still watching this, well, besides Jacobs popping up now. It's the same damn character beats over and over again in similar scenarios.

lush

Really enjoyed Shosh as of late, her apology in the clothes shop was very nice. Surprised we got nothing further with Adam and Jessa.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
just caught up on last weeks ep
WHAT THE FUCK ADAM YOU DICK

edit; looking back I'm surprised I didnt see it coming

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
Marnie continues to make me hate life and Ray was hilarious. So was shoshanna. "Just a mo"
Marnie has actually been giving good advice lately, despite her life being a sham. I'm going with RatskyWatsky this week that Ray was too neurotic.

I love how Adam fidgets during uncomfortable situations. To think Adam Diver has never watched to see how it comes off.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Thought that was a pretty good one - I liked Hannah's Revolving Door of Friends and I'm satisfied with the way she parted ways with Adam.

I could buy Ray doing what he is doing. Dude doesn't really got much going on and he's obviously bottling some things up so I can see him getting ridiculously fixated on something unimportant as a distraction.

I hope Hannah and Adam are done but this isn't the last we see of Driver. I mean he probably won't have time for the show but he's one of the only reasons I watch.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
am I missing a moment in my memory when adam and hannah actually broke up? I thought she left for iowa and they agreed to talk every day

Either way its one of the best ever episodes of Girls. I was howling when the door opened to find shosh standing there utterly unimpressed. Jessa is a cunt and ray is cool.

Blackhead

Redarse
am I missing a moment in my memory when adam and hannah actually broke up? I thought she left for iowa and they agreed to talk every day

Either way its one of the best ever episodes of Girls. I was howling when the door opened to find shosh standing there utterly unimpressed. Jessa is a cunt and ray is cool.

nope, they never broke up. Adam just stopped taking her calls

Matt_

nope, they never broke up. Adam just stopped taking her calls

then why the fuck are her friends just ok with it
she went away for a month, shes not fucking died and jenna sets up her boyfriend with someone else and then marnie is just like leave it hes happy. the actual fuck it makes no sense whatsoever.

Her sosh and elijah should move away and have ray occasionally visit.

CzarTim

then why the fuck are her friends just ok with it
she went away for a month, shes not fucking died and jenna sets up her boyfriend with someone else and then marnie is just like leave it hes happy. the actual fuck it makes no sense whatsoever.

Her sosh and elijah should move away and have ray occasionally visit.

I mean she was supposed to be gone for two years not a month. The relationship was over the moment Hannah decided to leave and Adam decided to stay. They were just too immature / sacred to admit it.

Really nice directing work making each scene feel different and feel like it's coming from a different perspective despite all being in that apartment.

Best episode of the show in a while.

MG310

Of course Marnie was okay with it. She's already adjusted reality so that she was in the right with the Desi/Clementine thing and that the relationship was already dead when she entered.

Except in Hannah's case it was actually already over and Adam isn't a Desi tier scumbag.

Great episode - didn't start off too promising as it seems every time they have arguments in Hannah's kitchen it turns into an off-off-off Broadway play but everything after that initial conversation was excellent. I'd like to think Jessa took her coat off because she knew she was going to have to slap some sense into her.

LordCanti

The best part of this season has been Hannah finally running into consequences for her actions. No one in Iowa put up with her bullshit and then she comes home to find that Adam has moved on in the month since she dumped him to move to Iowa. She has no self awareness about the fact that she dumped him, but she's having to deal with the consequences anyway. Delicious.

Empty

excellent episode. really enjoying this season so far, it's repeating a lot of ideas but now more carefully and honestly, with dunham now seeming to properly understand how to tell stories with these characters instead of vaguely, awkwardly shifting them around. the result is that i feel way more for them now than before, even if they're still frustrating people creating their own problems.

Bladenic

Episode was really one of the best in the series. Shoshanna was amazing.

Hannah pulling down the tapestry; "What the fuck" 😂

Zeth

Adam was incredible this episode. Maybe his situation wasn't sympathetic, but his performance was full of great subtleties imo.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
New episode tonight:

Close Up

Hannah has an epiphany after doing some soul-searching; Shoshanna has another terrible interview, but finds a reason to be optimistic; Ray goes to a community board meeting to discuss a noise issue in his neighborhood; Marnie and Desi can't agree on how to classify their sound.

KingKong

I think the handsome successful normal guy being charmed enough by Shoshanna neurotic 'honesty' to ask her on a date is the crazies thing I've seen on the show

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
That was a really weird episode. The tone, the lighting, the music - I can't pinpoint what it was exactly, but something about it was 'off'.

Matt_

I like the direction this is heading in.
Hannah as a teacher could be great, Ray going into politics makes a lot of sense, shosh just continuing to be flawless, elijah being back

I was a little taken aback when Marmy-rose (is that her name? not quite sure) just casually blurted out she had a abortion. I don't think I've ever seen a program, or film, where someone has been so candid about it

I'm surprised Adam decided to stick around. He's gonna see it through.

Also, Counciman Ploshansky...

I give Hannah teaching lasting about 1-3 months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom