• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Girls - The sixth and final season - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bladenic

Damn Jessa/Jemima must've gotten a huge amount of tattoos between seasons, I don't recall her having so many in S5 on her arms. Unless it's just Jessa and not Jemima.

A good episode. Marnie was hilarious this episode, although maybe I'm just experiencing love for Allison Williams since she was so good in Get Out. Also loved Patrick Wilson making an appearance.

ZeroX03

Banned
American Bitch was phenomenal. Masterfully done. And unlike the past bottle episodes I didn't feel any exhaustion in watching it, pacing was completely on point. Really good exploration on the subject.

Latest episode was okay. Poor Ray. At least he seems to finally be realizing Marnie is the worst. I like how the show continues to bring Desi in just because he makes everyone seem better by comparison. Adam and Jessa, whatever.

JonnyKong

Well considering they're the only characters who aren't comic relief (Elijah) or completely repulsive (everyone else) that's not surprising.

It was great when Elijah acfually got his own storyline last year, made him a more three dimensional character, but this season so far, he's just..there, as you say, comic relief, the classic cliche loveable gay sidekick.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
New episode tonight!

Gummies

Lena's mom comes for a visit, but is preoccupied with how to accept the next phase of her life. Meanwhile, Adam and Jessa start shooting their film, but clash over his creative direction; and a grieving Ray can't count on Marnie for support.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
elijah the savage fucking hell
I wonder if Hannah goes through with the baby if we'll get a time jump

game-boi

I've hated Elijah's character forever, but as somebody who watches this show with the perspective that Hannah is own her worst nemesis I found that the argument in the restaurant kitchen was possibly the most brutal and honest thing that series has done in a long, long time. Hannah, there in that moment, would be a terrible mother. Maybe having one of her only remaining friends tell her this will snap her out of it and she'll make progress, but in that moment... she was read for filth.

ZeroX03

Banned
That was another great episode. Elijah brought the pain, and truth.

Hard to take the movie plot line seriously, it's too meta and goofy for this show but Adam seems pretty in his element there so it's nice to see him creatively fulfilled?

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
New episode tonight!

Full Disclosure

Desi wants to bail on a gig that was planned for a birthday party for Marnie's mom in New Jersey. Meanwhile, Hannah turns down Adam's request to screen his film, but gets important advice from her dad and his new partner, Keith; and Elijah catches the acting bug again after helping a coworker with an audition.

Bladenic

Is Shoshanna even gonna have any semblance of a storyline this season? Like what the fuck did Zosia Mamet do to deserve this kind of treatment?

Bladenic

This series should have never been called girls. Unless you are Hannah or Marney

I've been saying that for years. It's really The Hannah and "Friends" Show.

But even Elijah has a bigger role than Shoshanna now. I like Elijah, but I like Shosh more.

Dereck

I don't recall exactly why Jessa is friends with any of the main characters, she always appeared to be a toxic person.

Seesaw15

This seasons felt off since the start but this is the first giant red flag that Lena & co won't stick the landing. Season 5 was so perfect so it's kind of a shame.

Terrible episode even by the low standards I have for this show.

This seasons felt off since the start but this is the first giant red flag that Lena & co won't stick the landing. Season 5 was so perfect so it's kind of a shame.

If Hannah ends up with Adam there won't be enough eye-rolls in the world for me.

JonnyKong

I feel like this show is taking the mick now for how unlikeable they can make Marnie, I don't think she's a human being anymore, just a parody of... something.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I thought that one was weak, but still decent. I really liked Hannah's conversation with Jessa - it was nice to have someone finally admit that they've never really been friends.

Chumley

Banned
This whole season has been so pointless. Season 5 was the perfect place to end it, but everything here outside of the Matthew Rhys episode has been forgettable or moved characters backwards. Remember that cool bottle episode with Marnie? If only they ended her character on that note instead of the tedious shit that followed. And now they're dragging Adam and Hannah back together with some hokey shit and a pregnancy plot that really goes against the authentic tone the show used to take.

Season 5 was my favorite season of the show, Season 6 so far my least favorite. A satisfying conclusion for Ray and Elijah might be the only good things to come out of this, since everything about Hannah's pregnancy rings hollow to me. Adam, Sosh, Jessa, Hannah, and Marnie's stories were all told and finished in S5.

Obviously Shoshanna and Ray were just too busy filming their own spin-off right?

:(

It is so lame how little she has been in it. Bah!

Terrible Marnie has just got to be a gag at this point, they're just casually throwing it out there in conversation like it's nothing.

Marnie: "Ray broke up with me."

Hannah: "Oh that's because you're a terrible human being Marnie."

Marnie: "Hmm yea that makes sense, I just assumed he would always be happy I'm even talking to someone like him at all."

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
New episode tonight!

The Bounce

Elijah prepares for an open-call audition for a new Broadway show, but is distracted by an unexpected visitor. Meanwhile, a cash-strapped Marnie mulls pawning a family heirloom; and Hannah reconnects with Paul-Louis.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
"She fucking lied to me! I bet none of my ancestors were ever even in the Wild West!"

EDIT: OMG Elijah is singing a song from NBC's Emmy Winning Smash!

We finally get an Elijah episode! And it was unsurprisingly great!

Also, more people of color in this one episode than all other episodes of the series combined.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom