• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God Eater Developers Talk Western Launch & More

Nyoro SF

It's not only that, but also retailers will outright refuse to stock your game / give it shelf space if it doesn't have an English voice track, unless you can convince them on the basis of licensed content (ex: Tatsunoko vs Capcom, Project Diva) or limited per-order supply (ex: Dengeki Bunko).

So you're basically cutting your sales off at the knees if you don't provide English voicing in your game. Aren't publisher and retailer negotiations fun? lol

ReaperXL7

Aniplex of America licensed the anime.

But they'll have to finish making all the episodes before can be released elsewhere.

That's awesome, I had assumed GE was dead here unfortunately so I stopped following stuff about it. If it's Aniplex I wouldn't be surprised if Netflix picks it up.

Nzyme32

Since it's on PC, I can only imagine that undubbing this game to Japanese will only be a matter of time.

The interview seems to relate to the PS version, so who knows, it could follow other games on PC that either provide the option in game or out of game via the Steam Language options

Ugh. Smile and optimism gone on that audio news.

Love that these games are coming out but god dammit Japan, you and you freaking expensive voice-acting fees.

Dub only huh. While I vastly perfer the original Japanese audio when it comes to games, anime etc, I don't mind if a game only has an English language option, provided it's good. So I'll wait and see if the dub is any decent before I complain, but I'd bet it's probably gonna be bad.

Ridley327

Dub only huh. While I vastly perfer the original Japanese audio when it comes to games, anime etc, I don't mind if a game only has an English language option, provided it's good. So I'll wait and see if the dub is any decent before I complain, but I'd bet it's probably gonna be bad.

The one for GE:B was serviceable. Nothing amazing, but nothing that would make you really hate them for not including the Japanese track.

Dub only sucks but still getting both games day zero if there is preorder on the PSN.

I wonder if they are going to do it like they bundled SAO. That would be nice

Mengetsu

Wow...this is still a thing? Especially the kind of audience they're targeting. If you want it optional that's always great but, just dub only seems odd at this point. You would save on localization if they did subs only. Hmmm my interest went away for it now but, if they announce a JP Voice Pack DLC ill get it. For everyone else who doesn't mind hope you enjoy the games.

Arxisz

Welp, Lost all my interest with this news, since I know the dub job they did with this was terrible, that's why I was holding out hope for the Japanese voices instead but guess not.

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
Dub only eh ? Fucking japanese companies, one step forward, two steps back.

Oh well, more money for other games.

Hearing dub only killed my interest, I almost don't want it now. Way to go backwards compared to other releases.

No longer a day one will wait on a sale.

Femto.

Not everyone can be pleased.

I'll buy both day one regardless of the dub quality. The fact that we're getting these games at all is worth supporting the localization decision.

Excellent news regarding an English dub. It was upon hearing that Gods Eater Burst had a solid English dub (which it does) that I picked it up back when despite having my hands full with MHFU. Game became a surprise favorite on PSP.

sanhora

English dub only means I might as well wait until it's 75% off in the next Steam winter sale. Such a shame, was actually looking forward to this.

cj_iwakura

Excellent news regarding an English dub. It was upon hearing that Gods Eater Burst had a solid English dub (which it does) that I picked it up back when despite having my hands full with MHFU. Game became a surprise favorite on PSP.

It still amazes me that there's people who care that much about their precious seiyuu to make a stink over it, especially when it's a hail mary localization like this.

A real shame , this dub only version.
NOt only i'm accustomed to the anime now, i also heard too many times to japaneses voices in project x zone.

I don't think i can go back to the poor Eng Psp Dub , it would hurt my enjoyment of the game.

kagamin

It still amazes me that there's people who care that much about their precious seiyuu to make a stink over it, especially when it's a hail mary localization like this.

If most of these people asking knew Japanese, I might not be so critical of them...

Only dub

14442338574854oowj.png

At least, offer the japanese voices as DLC.

kewlmyc

I'm sad that there is no dual audio, but I'm just happy to be getting the game. Plus, after asking for dual audio in Tales, I still used the dub in Zestiria, so I apparently don't know what I want.

chrono01

Dub-only could quite possibly be a deal-breaker for me.

I mean, I'll probably still buy it, but I'm disappointed. Would it be so hard to give us the option? More and more games these days are doing it, and I'm already accustomed to the Japanese voices. :/

sensui-tomo

Its like people ignored the discussion about how this could be out of NB's hands on the other page because of contracts denying the voice work over here, way to over exaggerate the english voices not out yet -.-". Hell just use the menu options and turn the voice effect off, then you can read the game and the only thing you'll miss are grunts in battle.

Pfft. Couldn't even name the voice actors in most of these games, though some sound familiar. I simply prefer to have an English dub, and it can move the needle on a "maybe" purchase.

Its like people ignored the discussion about how this could be out of NB's hands on the other page because of contracts denying the voice work over here, way to over exaggerate the english voices not out yet -.-". Hell just use the menu options and turn the voice effect off, then you can read the game and the only thing you'll miss are grunts in battle.

Reading a thread that isn't even 2 pages long is a lot of effort it seems. I just hope that some of these people are fine with these possibly being the only GE games we get here from now on because they're too hung up on VAs to not even think to give them a sale for finally releasing them here, even after clamoring for their release for so long.

chrono01

I had no idea we could just mute the character VO entirely. If that's the case, I could probably do that if the English dub is more annoying than entertaining.

Don't get me wrong, I'm hoping it's a quality job but just in-case it'd be nice to have a way to remove myself from it if I can.

sensui-tomo

I had no idea we could just mute the character VO entirely. If that's the case, I could probably do that if the English dub is more annoying than entertaining.

Don't get me wrong, I'm hoping it's a quality job but just in-case it'd be nice to have a way to remove myself from it if I can.

I'll find it hard to believe that any game will dub worse than FF Type-0 HD (this gen) which i consider the worst FF dub ever (i like ffx's dub and hate type-0, let that sink in) I found it almost close to Arc rise Fantasia tier dub effort.

I'm so glad companies are bringing niche games like these over to the states that I couldn't care less about the dubs. I'd rather have them in poor English translations with horrible VO than not play them at all.

chrono01

I'll find it hard to believe that any game will dub worse than FF Type-0 HD (this gen) which i consider the worst FF dub ever (i like ffx's dub and hate type-0, let that sink in) I found it almost close to Arc rise Fantasia tier dub effort.
I haven't experienced it yet, but I'll take your word for it. >_<

Top Bottom