• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Godzilla Leaked Wondercon Footage

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am noticing a ton of discrepancy in Godzilla's height. He needs to be like 600+ feet tall to be standing where he is at the Golden Gate bridge. Yet other scenes he's closer to the 310-320 foot mark
The Golden Gate bridge's tower is that high, but the height of the actual roadway is 200 ft or 67m. This Godzilla has been confirmed to be 350 feet tall so it looks like they got it right.

antonz

The Golden Gate bridge's tower is that high, but the height of the actual roadway is 200 ft or 67m. This Godzilla has been confirmed to be 350 feet tall so it looks like they got it right.

Problem is the height of the bridge is measured from surface of the water to the top. Not counting the extra 100+ meters of water below the bridge. Even the feet of the bridge are water surface level.

Problem is the height of the bridge is measured from surface of the water to the top. Not counting the extra 100+ meters of water below the bridge. Even the feet of the bridge are water surface level.
Ah good point it depends where he is standing according to this article.

http://www.zimbio.com/Beyond+the+Bo...PYG8JMuA/Pacific+Rim+How+Engineer+Sees+Jaeger

0vkE6EnyVf-l.jpg

I recall Trespasser in Pacific Rim being as tall as the bridge, he was only even shorter than the new Godzilla. So I guess rule of cool is being applied

antonz

Ah good point it depends where he is standing according to this article.
]

I recall Trespasser in Pacific Rim being as tall as the bridge, he was only even shorter than the new Godzilla. So I guess rule of cool is being applied

Rule of Cool sounds about right and I can live with that. Just glad too see a new American Godzilla that is not a insulting disaster

Salsa

ah man

I avoided the footage on purpose but now I already regret watching the latest trailer

getting into "showing too much" territory :( I knew the film was going in this direction either way I guess

CG doesnt look as hot in this latest one

Raptor

The dialog is all kinds of amazing IMO, very hype inducing, "No, a God" "Let them fight"

God damn, can't wait anymore!!

kaskade

I feel like I'm the only one of my group of friends that is really excited to see this. I feel like it's giving me the Pacific Rim vibes of huge spectacle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom