• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GRAVITY RUSH Remaster has appeared on Korean Game Rating Board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maedhros

This is really sad =/

It makes me want to go back and tell me to not play the game. Got platinum and everything thinking the sequel would arrive on Vita, someday.

Now, I'll never play it.

I have this game on Vita but never played it really. Just a little bit. I guess I'll wait for the remaster, time to sell my Vita since I have a Playstaiton TV anyway!

Renpatsu

You really didn't know that the DS4 could do tilt? even DS3 can do that.
They mean the tilt controls that literally have you swivelling the Vita around and tapping on the screen to target specific enemies. The DS3/4 can do tilt, but adapting the game's mechanics wouldn't be as 1 to 1 as you might expect.

Theonik

They mean the tilt controls that literally have you swivelling the Vita around and tapping on the screen to target specific enemies. The DS3/4 can do tilt, but adapting the game's mechanics wouldn't be as 1 to 1 as you might expect.
Maybe they redesign the battle mechanics. It might solve the issue people had with the game too.

2thepoint

Just put Killzone: Mercenary and Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate as on the PS4 remastering table and I will be the personification of this GIF.

giphy.gif

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
This is smart. They could honestly rerelease all of the bigger Vita games on PS4 and pretend like they are brand new titles because nobody in America would actually know.

I loved GR, it should be even more striking on the PS4.

The sequel. Did we ever get a confirmation it was so. What are the chances this was the new project they had teased?
0%

What they showed had a new location, new powers, and
Kat and Raven already friends
. It also was by the original team and referred to as a new project and had Vita level graphics. That was clearly a sequel targeting Vita. Now, that has either been expanded or moved completely to PS4, this is supposed to give PS4 owners a chance to play the first game before the second.

Anung

Un Rama
I never had a vita so I never got to play this so I'm really hoping this is true. Game looks great and I loved Toyama's previous work on the Siren series (please come back)

Could this be the thing that Bluepoint is working on?

Yes! Platinumed it on Vita and will do the same for this version. Day one. Just thinking about experiencing this game on the big screen and that soundtrack on a great sound system, gonna be great.

onQ123

Maybe they can superimpose the DS4 into the view of the game in some way so that people can have a good idea of where they are touching in the game when they touch the touch pad.

Kyoufu

The sequel. Did we ever get a confirmation it was so. What are the chances this was the new project they had teased?

If this is what they showed at TGS 2013, then it's more of a remake than a remaster.

Even if it's a remake like Tearaway Unfolded, I don't think it'd take them this long to make and I don't think it'd be particularly efficient and wise for that team to be only working on something that shouldn't take much resources to begin with.

There is obviously something bigger in the works.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
cant wait. 1 of 2 vita games that I had interest in gonna make it to the console.

Hopefully my number 2 soul sacrifice makes it one day as well.

Griss

Vita, we thank you for giving your life so that Kat may live.

Think of the ending as the ending of the first book in a series. It leaves questions left unanswered cause there's still a lot of world to explore. The sequel is what's needed, they just didn't expect it to take so long cause they hadn't planned on a platform addition/switch (we don't know which yet).

It's funny, because what you've just described there (leaving the ending open like that) is one of my biggest pet peeves in gaming. That doesn't help! It would be better for me to believe that they just botched the ending rather than they were trying to cynically set up a sequel / franchise. And in this case, I think that was the case. They just ran out of time and wrapped things up prematurely. Still a great game despite that.

rjc571

Banned

Touching the screen to target enemies? It's been a few years, but I'm pretty sure you don't actually do that in the game. The only touch screen mechanics were swipe to dodge and touch the corners of the screen to start the gravity slide.

Servbot24

Banned
If they're remastering GR for PS4 I guess GR2 is pretty much set for PS4 as well

cant wait. 1 of 2 vita games that I had interest in gonna make it to the console.

Hopefully my number 2 soul sacrifice makes it one day as well.

your #2 should be tearaway, then you'd be 2/2!

(soul sacrifice isn't that great :p)

Good. I loved it on Vita and I'll gladly buy it over again. I wonder whether it'll be a standalone release or be packaged in with the sequel, Bayonetta style.

It's funny, because what you've just described there (leaving the ending open like that) is one of my biggest pet peeves in gaming. That doesn't help! It would be better for me to believe that they just botched the ending rather than they were trying to cynically set up a sequel / franchise. And in this case, I think that was the case. They just ran out of time and wrapped things up prematurely. Still a great game despite that.
I don't think setting up foot a sequel is automatically cynical. I think on some cases it can pretty clearly be the creative vision to tell a longer story, and this was clearly a game driven by a strong vision.

I mean, it's ok when books and movies and tv shows do it, but not games?

Renpatsu

Touching the screen to target enemies? It's been a few years, but I'm pretty sure you don't actually do that in the game. The only touch screen mechanics were swipe to dodge and touch the corners of the screen to start the gravity slide.
Am I misremembering? I'm fairly certain you could tap the screen to quickly target an enemy or location.

Heh.. I recently picked up a Vita and reading this thread is a little disappointing.

Hope Sony doesn't decide to totally ignore the Vita going forward. It would be wonderful if GR2 was also on Vita but it's looking less and less likely.

wilflare

If they're remastering GR for PS4 I guess GR2 is pretty much set for PS4 as well

your #2 should be tearaway, then you'd be 2/2!

(soul sacrifice isn't that great :p)

you need to play Soul Sacrifice Delta instead.

Heh.. I recently picked up a Vita and reading this thread is a little disappointing.

Hope Sony doesn't decide to totally ignore the Vita going forward. It would be wonderful if GR2 was also on Vita but it's looking less and less likely.

don't be disappointed. just us at VitaGAF. tons of great games for you to play :D

Renpatsu

I beat the game three times and I definitely don't remember that.
I should probably go back and play the game again. Any excuse will do.

Someone should post the developers doing the time trials in record speeds though, I can't remember what the videos are called.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
OK 2 things:
-I hope were still getting Gravity Rush 2

-I don't care what you PS4 users think (I also have a PS4) I started Gravity Rush on PS Vita and I want to continue playing it on PS Vita so I hope that Gravity Rush 2 is either still exclusive to the PS Vita or that it comes out on PS Vita AND PS4 (in other words I don't care if the PS Vita version holds back the PS4 version).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom