• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GRAVITY RUSH Remaster has appeared on Korean Game Rating Board.

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's what they always say.

I want to play Gravity Rush but I don't want the vita.

I want to play Oreshika but I don't want the vita.

I want to play Danganronpa but I don't want the vita.

I want to play Freedom Wars but I don't want the vita.

I want to play Wipeout 2048 but I don't want the vita.

The vita didn't need exclusives to sell. It didn't need better graphics. It just needed less port beggers who say "I would love to play these games, but on another platform".

The vita is dead.

very true, still double dipping and double dipping the sequel

daveo42

Banned
If true it's time for a double-dip. As for the control scheme, hopefully the team doing the remaster does a good job in translating it from Vita to PS4. I just hope we get an update on GR2 soon. Been far too long since we heard anything about it.

_hekk05

Banned
Hah. Port begging is ok because the vita is dead/Sony listened to all the port beggers.

_hekk05 will remember that.

Tighten up combat and collision detection of flying kicks

Gravity kick already has a pretty generous homing function as long as you're not trying to do it at point blank range.

I think a lot of the people who had problems with the combat overused gravity kicks. Gravity slides are a good way to take out many small enemies quickly & telekinesis throws are very powerful and ammo is plentiful in most areas.

desu

Would platinum again! Hopefully the controls are improved though, at times it felt hard to control Kate.

Producer

A remaster isnt going to fix the barebones combat or barren world, this game needs alot of fixes. Hopefully with GR2 they can make a much better game.

Am I misremembering? I'm fairly certain you could tap the screen to quickly target an enemy or location.
I don't remember ever doing that either.

This game can actually translate to the DS4 pretty damn easily. And I don't mean because you could use the touchpad in place of the touch screen. The gravity slide should be done with shoulder buttons.

Gestault

I would happily jump in on this game at/near launch. The original on Vita is a fantastic "hero" game with a distinct art-style and an interesting take on a set of powers.

Superflat

The fun part of the combat for me was the tilt aiming mechanic. It was much faster, accurate and engaging that way, since aiming the usual way with a stick was kind of plain and nowhere near as fun.

Regardless I'll probably double dip if true. It gives me that rare feeling that I haven't felt since the PS2 era.

Kat is also a refreshingly positive protagonist.

Gravity kick already has a pretty generous homing function as long as you're not trying to do it at point blank range.

I think a lot of the people who had problems with the combat overused gravity kicks. Gravity slides are a good way to take out many small enemies quickly & telekinesis throws are very powerful and ammo is plentiful in most areas.
The basic kick combo, when upgraded, is also great. As are the dodge kick and the jump kick.

My first playthrough was really gravity kick heavy, but my second time I massively expanded which attacks I made use of and it was a lot more fun.

-Horizon-

The vita didn't need exclusives to sell. It didn't need better graphics. It just needed less port beggers who say "I would love to play these games, but on another platform".

The vita is dead.

Depressing but kind of true
*hugs vita*

rjc571

Banned
The fun part of the combat for me was the tilt aiming mechanic. It was much faster, accurate and engaging that way, since aiming the usual way with a stick was kind of plain and nowhere near as fun.

Same here. I was sold on the game (and the Vita) as soon as I tried it out at one of the pre-launch demo stations at GameStop. The tilt aiming is so much faster and more precise than joystick aiming that it almost feels like cheating.

Coconut

Banned
Makes sense the touch pad can do the same things as the vita touch stuff. Well if this is true hopefully this fills out Sonys empty 2015.

A remaster isnt going to fix the barebones combat or barren world, this game needs alot of fixes. Hopefully with GR2 they can make a much better game.

With statements like this it sounds like you didn't play the game.

JordanN

Banned
This is good news. I believe if Gravity Rush remained a Vita exclusive, there would never be another title after this gen.

Now bringing it to consoles makes Kat a permanent Sony roster.

This is good news. I believe if Gravity Rush remained a Vita exclusive, there would never be another title after this gen.

Yeah, I'm sad because Gravity Rush is possibly the best Vita exclusive on the system and makes great use of its controls, but if moving to PS4 is the only way to get sequels, then go ahead and move to PS4.

UrbanRats

The vita is dead.

I like the games, i hate handheld consoles.
It's that simple.

If they released the best game ever on Vita, i'd still be bummed i'd have to play it on a little screen with those shitty controls.

GorillaJu

Gravity Daze 2 being a PS4 game would be fantastic. Imagine that art style done with more units on screen, more physics, more detail, and with new-gen animation. The director, Mr Toyama, is extremely talented and deserves a big job.

I know it would be sad for people who really want to see the Vita get some life support, but I think ultimately we'll be happier having a full-fledged home release from a top notch Japanese developer.

Moofers

DAY ONE
DAY ONE
DAY ONE

I know its kind of silly to some people who think "Why would you be so excited when you've already played it on Vita?" but my answer there is

1) I love Gravity Rush and want to see more of it. Buying it on PS4 makes that more likely to happen.

2) I want to play it on a big screen with the sound turned up! The soundtrack is incredible!

3) I want to stream while I play so others can see what an awesome game it is!

So there you go. Those are my silly reasons for being very excited to repurchase a game I already own.

Kriken

Eh, it was a cool concept for the game, but I feel that many will be disappointed first time playing it if it's just a port with a few control changes. Still hoping the sequel can fix some of the problems I had with the original (Mostly what has already been said already in this thread)

wilflare

This is good news. I believe if Gravity Rush remained a Vita exclusive, there would never be another title after this gen and the IP forgotten.

that depends on a lot of factors
(1) Sony does a good port
(2) Sony actually markets the game
(3) The hype train actually buys the game and likes it and not complain about all the different issues

wilflare

It's that simple.

If they released the best game ever on Vita, i'd still be bummed i'd have to play it on a little screen with those shitty controls.

I do hope you actually own a Vita and played extensively on it.

the best is PS4/Vita version so that everyone gets to enjoy the games on their preferred platform.

but no, some are gonna complain that Vita will hold back the PS4 and nonsense.

Producer

With statements like this it sounds like you didn't play the game.

I actually beat the game, with its abrupt and unsatisfying ending. The combat is simplistic. The side missions have little variety, and the world is lifeless with not much to do asids from collecting orbs.

All of this semi got a pass because its a handheld game, but now that its coming to a console, those problems will become more apparent.

autoduelist

It's that simple.

Worth noting, I felt the same way for many, many years. I have multiple nintendo handhelds... not sure I ever got through a game on any of them. My PSP just gathered dust.

My wife bought me a vita because of some long travel times coming up... and I fell in love. It's really hard to explain - the screen, the controls, the library... it just all comes together in a way no handheld ever has. I even catch myself playing it instead of my ps4 all the time. Add in the ability to remote play my ps4 and it gets far more use than any other console i've ever owned.

And the dpad is godly. I wouldn't call any of the controls 'shitty'. I'd have left the back touch off, but almost no game uses that anyway and it actually is okay in some remote play situations if mapped correctly.

wilflare

Worth noting, I felt the same way for many, many years. I have multiple nintendo handhelds... not sure I ever got through a game on any of them. My PSP just gathered dust.

My wife bought me a vita because of some long travel times coming up... and I fell in love. It's really hard to explain - the screen, the controls, the library... it just all comes together in a way no handheld ever has. I even catch myself playing it instead of my ps4 all the time. Add in the ability to remote play my ps4 and it gets far more use than any other console i've ever owned.

if only people could see it this way

I actually beat the game, with its abrupt and unsatisfying ending. The combat is simplistic. The side missions have little variety, and the world is lifeless with not much to do asids from collecting orbs.

All of this semi got a pass because its a handheld game, but now that its coming to a console, those problems will become more apparent.

It didn't get a pass because "it's a handheld game". It's a genuinely good game and it will be good on PS4. Yeah it's no AAA 10/10 game (and I hope this will be reflected in the price of the remaster), but the points you're criticising really don't hurt the experience at all. And I completely disagree that the world is lifeless.
Hah. Port begging is ok because the vita is dead/Sony listened to all the port beggers.

_hekk05 will remember that.
Are you talking about people in this thread? How can people be port begging in a thread that basically confirms a port?

breakfuss

If this is true awesome. Lovely, charming game held back by atrocious Vita controls. I've tried to finish it several times to no avail. Some of the best music and art direction.

_hekk05

Banned
Are you talking about people in this thread? How can people be port begging in a thread that basically confirms a port?

Nah Gravity Rush and Tearaway have been undergoing port begging on a regular basis for at least a year now. Port begging only intensified when GR2 was revealed. You only need to head into any GR/Tearaway thread to read concern posts about how the game would have done so muuuuuch better on PS3/PS4.

If port begging led to bans Gaming Side would have its population halved.

In case its not clear the last sentence is hyperbole/exxageration.

Percy

Banned
Really hope this pans out. Played the game on Vita a bit (Must have gotten it free on Plus at some point), and it really seemed like it would be a fantastic game if not for shitty resolution, framerate and controls getting in the way. I 'shelved' it in hopes of something like this happening.

The world design in it is really good. One of the most creatively designed open worlds I've seen in a game. Could be truly exceptional at 1080p/60fps with no tilt control bullshit.

The vita is dead.

When you see it in hell, tell it GAF sent you.

jk, seriously though, ban seems a touch harsh here.

Producer

It didn't get a pass because "it's a handheld game". It's a genuinely good game and it will be good on PS4. Yeah it's no AAA 10/10 game (and I hope this will be reflected in the price of the remaster), but the points you're criticising really don't hurt the experience at all. And I completely disagree that the world is lifeless.

I'll just agree to disagree.

mreddie

tumblr_nhx7s2gOfQ1u1e188o1_400.png

Yeah, I'm sad because Gravity Rush is possibly the best Vita exclusive on the system and makes great use of its controls, but if moving to PS4 is the only way to get sequels, then go ahead and move to PS4.

Frankly, big-budget software on the Vita is a complete dead end, and moving GR2 to the PS4 makes it much more likely the series will find success. I love my Vita, but I don't want GR's future to be dependent on a dead platform, so I'm 100% in support of this idea.

JordanN

Banned
that depends on a lot of factors
(1) Sony does a good port
(2) Sony actually markets the game
(3) The hype train actually buys the game and likes it and not complain about all the different issues
It's not even about sales/marketing. There's prospect in knowing Kat could always be used in other projects whereas I don't have high hopes Sony will ever make another handheld (where leaving the franchise exclusive would have spelled its end).

Weiss

Banned
I can dig it. I want to get a PS4 eventually and Gravity Rush is one of the few Vita titles I really wanted to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom