• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GRAVITY RUSH Remaster has appeared on Korean Game Rating Board.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe I'd like it better on PS4, never really liked the controls in the vita version. Regardless, I'll only pick it up again if it really impresses me somehow.

Fbh

Awesome, I hope it's true.

I've no interest in the PSvita but this is one of the games I've allways wanted to play on it.
Hopefully this means Gravity Rush 2 has shifted platforms to Ps4.

A remaster isnt going to fix the barebones combat or barren world, this game needs alot of fixes. Hopefully with GR2 they can make a much better game.

If they just update some textures and get it running at 1080p/60fps on Ps4 then no.

But if it gets the Tearaway treatment they might be able to fix some of those issues

ryseing

Assuming Killzone Mercs is next.

Only bright side is that more people will be able to experience these great games.

-Horizon-

I actually had no problems with the combat/gravity flying controls. I thought the use of he gyro was pretty good. I only had problems with the sliding move and missions because I wasn't used to it.

wouwie

Typically, how much time would there be between being rated and being released? I wonder if it will be announced or released soon. I hope so.

I can get behind this. I loved it on the Vita, and if this is a sign that Gravity Rush 2 is still coming then I'm a happy camper.

Hikami

Might buy this again.. just hoping they fix the combat.
Having to use Gravity Kick for most of the game wasn't really fun.

Z3M0G

Game will be fantastic on PS4 with the tilt and swipe controls.

Anyone who played the original without constantly using gyro aiming, or swipe to dodge, was doing it WRONG.

-Horizon-

Nah Gravity Rush and Tearaway have been undergoing port begging on a regular basis for at least a year now. Port begging only intensified when GR2 was revealed. You only need to head into any GR/Tearaway thread to read concern posts about how the game would have done so muuuuuch better on PS3/PS4.

If port begging led to bans Gaming Side would have its population halved.

In case its not clear the last sentence is hyperbole/exxageration.
hekk was banned? It can't have been for this right? :/

Servbot24

Banned
Combat is fine. Could certainly be improved upon though.

I'm more interested in improved world for the sequel. More depth to NPCs and greater variety and detail in the environments to explore.

Griss

I don't think setting up foot a sequel is automatically cynical. I think on some cases it can pretty clearly be the creative vision to tell a longer story, and this was clearly a game driven by a strong vision.

I mean, it's ok when books and movies and tv shows do it, but not games?

It's absolutely NOT okay when books and movies and tv shows do it! lol... I really fucking hate it! The exception is when you're told beforehand that you're getting into a trilogy or whatnot. It's the idea of being sold what you think is a complete story only to find out you have to pay extra and spend more time to get the rest of the story (which may not end up being written by the same author) - that's what really gets me. TV Shows... you know that there's going to be a bunch of episodes. When a whole season ends on a cliffhanger though, that's still B.S. to me.

If the story you have to tell is too big for your format or budget cut it down or increase your format or budget. Don't sucker me into paying for part 1 of something so that I have to buy parts 2 and 3.

Might buy this again.. just hoping they fix the combat.
Having to use Gravity Kick for most of the game wasn't really fun.

From earlier in the thread:

I think a lot of the people who had problems with the combat overused gravity kicks. Gravity slides are a good way to take out many small enemies quickly & telekinesis throws are very powerful and ammo is plentiful in most areas.

The basic kick combo, when upgraded, is also great. As are the dodge kick and the jump kick.

My first playthrough was really gravity kick heavy, but my second time I massively expanded which attacks I made use of and it was a lot more fun.

I used all of those and I still thought it was lacking so some new abilities to drop into the mix would be great.

I wouldn't mind a few new abilities (which I imagine are a given in Gravity Rush 2), but I think it's important that they don't try to turn the game into DMC or Bayonetta. I really appreciated how different combat is in GR compared to just about everything else out there.

NotLiquid

I have a love/hate relationship with this game. I bought a Vita for this game and was overall pretty let down by the experience. The world is great and the characters are impossible not to love, with Kat being one of my favorite female protagonists of all time. That said the game play was just a huge let down with not a lot of interesting things to do with the gimmick, plus the combat was just tedious.

I doubt I'll buy the remaster but if any game deserves a sequel to make up for it's shortcomings and live up to it's potential, Gravity Rush is it. Hopefully this will end up forwarding the sequel's development, and personally I hope it makes the jump to consoles. The game needs the available space to let loose a little.

Hikami

From earlier in the thread:
Well yeah, those are good for just grounded enemies though. I made use of all those different attacks there.
But for flying enemies it was just either Gravity Kick or wait for one of your specials to charge.. Made some of the bosses pretty boring since they were mostly in the air.

Sesto

Banned
I don't get all the praise for this game, it was OK but had it flaws
Maybe they can iron them out with a PS4 remaster

Well yeah, those are good for just grounded enemies though. I made use of all those different attacks there.
But for flying enemies it was just either Gravity Kick or wait for one of your specials to charge.. Made some of the bosses pretty boring since they were mostly in the air.

Actually, you're supposed to use thrown projectiles to take out many of the flying enemies. And like gravity kicks, the game will auto-correct your projectile aim to a good extent.

Was replaying the game recently and now that I know what I'm doing, I was able to absolutely murder one of the first major bosses. At one point, I did a gravity kick & immediately followed up with a projectile and I took off nearly half the bosses' life in an instant.

Kindekuma

Banned
That'd be pretty cool but I'm more interested in seeing the sequel come out first than the remaster.

If this is truly confirmed, then it'd be interesting to see the game with a farther drawing distance, 60FPS(...?), and improved loading times. The loading times were atrocious on the Vita.

I don't get all the praise for this game, it was OK but had it flaws
Maybe they can iron them out with a PS4 remaster

For a portable game, it was actually quite awesome. It's got some interesting mechanics, an intriguing world setting, and a lovable main character.

For a portable game, it was actually quite awesome. It's got some interesting mechanics, an intriguing world setting, and a lovable main character.

Also one of the best soundtracks out there and a gorgeous art style.

Weaknesses would be long load times for challenges, a high learning curve, not a lot of content, and a story that doesn't feel like it ends so much as just stops midway. Still easily my favorite superhero open world game.

Gravity Rush is truly a marvelous game and I'm happy more people will play it even though I'm a bit sad that it's no longer Vita exclusive.

Sony's output this gen with the PS4 is really pitiful, almost as much remaster as new games (most of them are average).

wouwie

Slightly OT but I was wondering: is the soundtrack sold anywhere? I've been looking at the usual places (spotify, sony store, itunes,...) but it isn't available anywhere. I'd love to buy the soundtrack.

wouwie

It's a Japanese game so you're going to have to go physical. Looks like Amazon's got it: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0070YG0CQ/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Thanks Robert. That price though and i'm EU based. I don't understand why Sony doesn't at least offer the soundtrack on the PSN store. It's such a wonderful OST. I guess i'll just have to listen to it on Youtube for the time being. Maybe the remaster will open up new possibilities to buy the OST.

Thanks Robert. That price though and i'm EU based. I don't understand why Sony doesn't at least offer the soundtrack on the PSN store. It's such a wonderful OST. I guess i'll just have to listen to it on Youtube for the time being. Maybe the remaster will open up new possibilities to buy the OST.

$25.99 at Play-Asia seems a much better deal. I bought it from them some time ago, but I don't remember how much I paid.

I lost my progress when my battery died in sleep mode not realizing the game didn't autosave. That was years ago.

It's been long enough. ...I'd be willing to do it all again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom