• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Green Man Gaming Thread: Save some green, man

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Can a US gaffer tell me how much Bioshock Infinite is at the moment with that 35% off?

The 35% discount is due to BioInf being Aussie Taxed; it's not available elsewhere (Edit: well, not in the US, at least).

Edit edit: And not in the UK, either. Aliens: CM seems to be the Weekend Deal elsewhere.

Dmax3901

The 35% discount is due to BioInf being Aussie Taxed; it's not available elsewhere (Edit: well, not in the US, at least).

Edit edit: And not in the UK, either. Aliens: CM seems to be the Weekend Deal elsewhere.

Either way, I'd like to check what the regular price is for the US, and whether or not that price with the persistent 25% vouchers is cheaper than 50 bucks AUD.

Shantom

Either way, I'd like to check what the regular price is for the US, and whether or not that price with the persistent 25% vouchers is cheaper than 50 bucks AUD.

The 25% off vouchers can't be used in the US on Bioshock Infnite but they can be used in the UK, which makes it £22.50.

Aru

I doubt it. There are 20 free games on my account and their total value is $5.50.

It's better than nothing. Combine that with a voucher and you can get some very nice deals.
I'll probably never play Ninja Blade or the other free games that are given away this weekend. So even if I only get 1$ or 2$ for some of the games, I'll use those to buy a game I really want to play.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
I really wish Ninja Blade was a Steam key.

Because that's actually a game I wanted, along with Zombies.

Oh well.
Are you being serious? It's free... How does it matter so much that it's not a Steam key... It's not likely to get free on Steam...

It doesn't have any weird DRM either, once it's installed you can do as you please, never start the Capsule again, etc, afaik.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Are you being serious? It's free... How does it matter so much that it's not a Steam key...

I obviously got it for free, It's already on my account. I'm just saying I wish it was a Steam key.

Since it isn't, it just means I'll have to eventually buy it on Steam.

Shaneus

Fuck me, I actually vaguely remember when Ninja Blade came out. As far as free games go, that's pretty good (regardless of how good the game itself is, mind).

Its for a little flash game on the website. You won't get a key for the actual game until much closer to launch.

Ahh ok, Thank you.

I didnt think it was the key but didnt wanna try it without asking :)

Edit:

Is it worth doing those mini games? They look mind numblingy boring.

I obviously got it for free, It's already on my account. I'm just saying I wish it was a Steam key.

Since it isn't, it just means I'll have to eventually buy it on Steam.

I don't really see the point. You could just add a shortcut in your Steam library to the Ninja Blade application and use the grid icon from the Ninja Blade store page on Steam.
header.jpg

Shaneus

Wow, I'd forgotten just how bare-bones Capsule is. GMG would be doing themselves a favour by having a chat to even the GOG guys on making a prettier downloader.

batteryLeakage

Neo Member
As much I'd like a free Ninja Blade, I don't want give personal information to sign up for another shitty service I'll never use. Besides I'll probably never play the game anyway.

Shaneus

I was actually already with them at the time for some reason (I think I'd seen a friend on XBL spam me a message or something, but didn't think it was anything suss until after the fact) so... free games!

drizzle

Axel Hertz
I don't really see the point. You could just add a shortcut in your Steam library to the Ninja Blade application and use the grid icon from the Ninja Blade store page on Steam.

Or I could just buy it for 2,50-5 bucks on Steam when it goes up. That way I don't have to handle multiple digital distribution game stores, with multiple backups and multiple accounts for me to keep track of.

I will literally pay upwards of 5 dollars more if I can get the game on Steam instead of Capsule, Origin or DRM-Free copies of a game.

Jawmuncher

I was actually already with them at the time for some reason (I think I'd seen a friend on XBL spam me a message or something, but didn't think it was anything suss until after the fact) so... free games!

Same thing here wasnt going to bother until I realized I already had a a playfire already.

Jawmuncher

Main problem is though, is that Ninja game is actually quite shit. Expected more from the guys who made Otogi.

I've heard both some people seem to enjoy it, but it's definitely something not for everyone.
Can't comment on Otogi since I never played it.

I'd rather save some money and deal with the wee bits of hassle.

Someone needs to invent a digital barcode scanner though.
You buy a thing, leave it at the store and then have to remember where you bought the damned thing. This eventually grows to be troublesome. It's a stupid problem to have.

WOW Ninja Blade is complete crap. All it's doing is making me wish I was playing Ninja Gaiden. It wasn't nearly worth the 45 minutes it took to download. I want my time back :(

Shaneus

WOW Ninja Blade is complete crap. All it's doing is making me wish I was playing Ninja Gaiden. It wasn't nearly worth the 45 minutes it took to download. I want my time back :(
It took me less than that and I still feel ripped off.

I can see how it could've been a good game, but as it is... it's just bad. And the graphics options were just weird. Spot on, it just made me wish I was playing Ninja Gaiden or Bayonetta or something. But it's From Software, they should've done better!

It took me less than that and I still feel ripped off.

I can see how it could've been a good game, but as it is... it's just bad. And the graphics options were just weird. Spot on, it just made me wish I was playing Ninja Gaiden or Bayonetta or something. But it's From Software, they should've done better!

It feels like Asura's Wrath except with combat that's somehow extremely worse, failable QTEs and horrible blurry graphics (I spent 800 bucks on this pc From wtf).

I seriously feel offended that GMG is giving this game to people. This kind of tripe shouldn't be experienced by anyone, not even for free. Nuke it from orbit and delete the source code.

Shaneus

Yup. The fact that if you fail a QTE, it doesn't give you a different outcome or anything like that is ridiculous. You miss a button, it just takes you a few sequences back and asks you to do it again... and again, with a really small window.

I didn't realise it was one of the freebies and was a little excited when I saw it (because I remembered looking forward to it when it was due out... but then forgot about it completely) but now I just feel ripped off.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Yeah, I uninstalled Ninja Blade. But I'm quite happy with my Kingdoms of Amalur purchase. Very solid game. Not a classic or anything but at least it doesn't have the sims shit and super narrow paths of Fable 3 or the shit combat of the recent Elder Scrolls games, it's actually quite fun and some of the quest lines are somewhat involving too. It's kind of surprising all of the dialogues, even for minor quests, are voiced yet not grating (though I still skip them as I read faster than they speak). I was actually doing a faction side quest line and I thought it's the main quest due to the solid production values, number of quests, choices here and there (who to fight or if you can avoid fighting altogether), etc, until I checked my quest log which marks them accordingly. Worth the ~11 euros or whatever I paid. I'd probably be happy even if I had paid the current price.

Worst part about Ninja Blade is setting it to 60 FPS can fuck with the mechanics.

So stuff like this happens:

And certain jumps/wallruns are impossible to make because the main character shits himself half-way through and falls to his death.

Maybe it's just me though.

bigace33

Ninja Blade is so cheesy and awesome. Play it on easy and enjoy the over the top fighting scenes and silly story. It's easily worth $5 but getting it free is just awesome.

Shaneus

Worst part about Ninja Blade is setting it to 60 FPS can fuck with the mechanics.

So stuff like this happens:

And certain jumps/wallruns are impossible to make because the main character shits himself half-way through and falls to his death.

Maybe it's just me though.
It was because it was set to 60fps? Fuuuuuck, THAT'S why it played like shit!

Did look okay though. Hell, looked okay enough for me to post a few screens in the PC screenshot thread.

Nabs

I just beat chapter 6 of ninja blade and I think I'm starting to like it a bit. Playing at 30fps helped so much, and using the blade to breakdance also made the game more enjoyable.

Top Bottom