• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V [TRAILER #2] - Talk Thread

Interesting how GTA has never been my kind of game, only becuase of Story stuff.

For instance: Saints Row The Third trailer left me pumped for a game I could play and do some crazy shit in it.

This just looks like the same kind of game, but instead of "look at all the crazy shit you can do" all I take out of it is "look at the story you can watch while playing another Rockstar game".

That doesn't interest me at all in games. Maybe Rockstar should just do a movie instead.

And, you know, port their best game to the best platform.

Red Dead Redemption is already on the 360.

Fjordson

Interesting how GTA has never been my kind of game, only becuase of Story stuff.

For instance: Saints Row The Third trailer left me pumped for a game I could play and do some crazy shit in it.

This just looks like the same kind of game, but instead of "look at all the crazy shit you can do" all I take out of it is "look at the story you can watch while playing another Rockstar game".

That doesn't interest me at all in games. Maybe Rockstar should just do a movie instead.
Some games don't choose between crazy shit and a story, they just do both.

Kobalty

acco2q.gif

wc3lZ.gif

I see derailing trains, and skydiving, cool cars crazy missions. As well as the comedy alone that a GTA character is going to a shrink.

I see game of the year, and though the graphics do seem lacking and worse than the orginal trailer. The framerate looks solid :)

Dabanton

And, you know, port their best game to the best platform.

But that's the thing with GTA is if you want to you can go off and never play a single misson if you don't want to. And this game seems to be catering to that even more with the map being open from the start.

SR3 gave the impression of being this zany wacky game but fell down for me on multiple occasions the city was not fun extremely poorly designed,the enemies encounters were just throw as many people at you as possible with no AI, just waves of dumb enemies and the activities were repetitive and with the exception of Super Ethical Reality Climax really quite shit.

Randdalf

I genuinely laughed out loud at the "bounce" bit. Very good trailer, especially the choice of music. It's on my radar now, but I'll probably wait for impressions here (don't trust reviews of R* games) first.

I see derailing trains, and skydiving, cool cars crazy missions. As well as the comedy alone that a GTA character is going to a shrink.

I see game of the year, and though the graphics do seem lacking and worse than the orginal trailer. The framerate looks solid :)

Well its for this console gen what did you expect? The hardware is pretty old and its impressive that they get so much going on with just 512 mb ram.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism

I haven't watched the original trailer in a while, but I still think these graphics look too good for current gen. I don't think it will really look this good in the end. And I wouldn't use a trailer to judge the framerate, as most of the footage is from non-gameplay angles and therefore probably cleaned up in terms of image quality and framerate.

Basically, saying that Stevie Wonder is bad renders all people complaining about the music as mute. Amazing song; great trailer song choice; incredible trailer.

Terrible song choice for the trailer. It made it seem like a commercial for a PG-13 action/comedy movie starring Will Smith.

If anything it seems like that's what they're going for. Not the PG-13 part, but the action/comedy part. It definitely seems like they're leaning closer to the tone in San Andreas than the tone in GTA4. It's what many of us have been asking for when we said we wanted something like that. Although some would suggest that we should go play Saints Row, but that really isn't anything like SA.

RevDM

Banned
On YouTube video, there is a:

Hot Air Balloon in the first scene
A leaf blower in the second scene
iPod dock in third scene - I wonder what this will be used for?
Amusement park
Tribute to In-N-Out burgers at 0:48 with the white car. Is this how you re-up health?
Blimp at 1:30

Can't wait for GT pop-up analysis

Like the bounce part and when all three meet. Graphics look way too good for current gen. Kind of weird playing an older father figure protagonist.

ironcreed

Banned
Like the bounce part and when all three meet. Graphics look way too good for current gen. Kind of weird playing an older father figure protagonist.

I like the older guy. Many of us have aged over years of loving this series, so it feels like it is growing up with us. Besides, there are two other characters as well.

DangerStepp

Maybe there are three different characters for each aspect of the game?

To solve the issue of doing things in the game that conflict with who that character is.

Like, you can run rampant with the bald rough-looking guy and murder all you want.

The older guy is more of a dad type...maybe you'll just run to the store for groceries?

I don't know... just speculation.

Salsa

To solve the issue of doing things in the game that conflict with who that character is.

Like, you can run rampant with the bald rough-looking guy and murder all you want.

The older guy is more of a dad type...maybe you'll just run to the store for groceries?

they already explained plenty of this on gameinformer, it's not like that

Mr.Fresh

Have you been on the Internet this week?

[IG]http://i.minus.com/iUo0LwE4Ztuqr.png[/IMG]

[IM]http://i.minus.com/ibuq6b0543V1qW.png[/IMG]

[IM]http://www.audiusa.com/etc/medialib/ngw/brand/logos.Par.0018.Image.gif/audi_logo_claim_usa.gif[/IMG]
well it sure looks like it. It's not an RF, looks more like a modified R8.

Recent screens have also shown modified Porsche and Bentley logos.

Top Bottom