• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V [TRAILER #2] - Talk Thread

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
i72S19PAdIJK2.png

Why they still use the 360 version to showcase the game with that gawd awful oil paint filter is beyond me.

Fjordson

The script sounds just like typical Rockstar. Their caricatures and their sarcasm worked fine in the GTA III-series but when they tried to couple that with a more serious tone in GTA IV it just fell apart for me. I wasn't expecting them to change, but I was kind of hoping they'd get away from every single character in their world having some part of their personality completely exaggerated. It comes off as infantile to me. Of course you can't infer too much from this trailer but it doesn't feel very different.
What was exaggerated about Michael and Franklin? Sounded pretty normal to me. Thought I'm not sure what's wrong with exaggeration with something that's meant as satire.

R* will never be able to please everyone with this. GTA seems to be the only series in existence that is able too serious and too silly simultaneously :p

Xater

Looks way more lighthearted than GTA4. I like it.

Not that impressed with the graphics as some others are. It looks alright and will for the most part probably not run all that well. Man I wish new consoles were already out. This should have been next gen...

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
I combined the two puppy cuts together. I fully expect a Shadow Dancer style mission for Franklin.

i8xY5VJ6Zlibg.gif
Just what I've always wanted :')

So fucking HYPED!

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Jaggy edges on everything. Only two characters on screen at once. Terrible Draw distance. Where's the color? No cars on the roads below. No birds or airplanes in the sky. City is obviously smaller than it's being hyped as. Characters have visibly sharp knees.

DISAPPOINTMENT OF THE GENERATION.

Of course a shit post like that comes from a Junior.

Salsa

how in the WORLD are people taking a poster saying "Characters have visibly sharp knees." as something other than sarcasm?

do you guys read or are you just that itching to combat nay sayers

RevDM

Banned
God damn, it's going to take me at least a year of playing this to fully appreciate it.

how in the WORLD are people taking a poster saying "Characters have visibly sharp knees." as something other than sarcasm?

To be fair, the knees are rather sharp lol.

Site posts impressive shot that clearly isn't representational of the game: THAT'S A BULLSHOT WHY WON'T THEY SHOW ME THE GAME!

Site posts honest screen shot that is within the hardware limitations, yet is still impressive because the sheer breadth of the draw distance being shown with some expected aliasing present: I'LL JUST IGNORE THIS STUPID SHOT, WHY ARE THEY DOING THIS TO ME!?

Grimsen

Jaggy edges on everything. Only two characters on screen at once. Terrible Draw distance. Where's the color? No cars on the roads below. No birds or airplanes in the sky. City is obviously smaller than it's being hyped as. Characters have visibly sharp knees.

DISAPPOINTMENT OF THE GENERATION.

Of course a shit post like that comes from a Junior.

Sharp knees.

Sharp knees.

I guess his sarcasm flew right over your head, at least we get something in the sky, since the game has no visible planes or birds.

RPGCrazied

Is it just me, or does it look pretty jaggy? Looks like they forgot to turn on the AA filter. I downloaded the HQ version.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Interesting how GTA has never been my kind of game, only becuase of Story stuff.

For instance: Saints Row The Third trailer left me pumped for a game I could play and do some crazy shit in it.

This just looks like the same kind of game, but instead of "look at all the crazy shit you can do" all I take out of it is "look at the story you can watch while playing another Rockstar game".

That doesn't interest me at all in games. Maybe Rockstar should just do a movie instead.

And, you know, port their best game to the best platform.

Dabanton

Looks way more lighthearted than GTA4. I like it.

Not that impressed with the graphics as some others are. It looks alright and will for the most part probably not run all that well. Man I wish new consoles were already out. This should have been next gen...

"Rockstar is a content company, not a hardware company," he said. "We use the technology we have to create content, and we try not to let ourselves get beholden to the hardware. The fact that hardware's so mature right now is exactly why we're able to go on to the next level. GTA 4 was our first attempt at a new platform and HD visuals, so the first part of development was seriously difficult. Now we know what the hardware's capable of, so it's become a lot easier to move things along and a lot more fun, too. GTA: San Andras came out at the peak of the PlayStation 2's cycle, and we put out a really good game thanks to that. All the best games for a console come out at the end of the lifecycle, right? So now's the best timing of all."

Going "next gen" brings it's own problems. R* are obviously comfortable with these systems now and can finally let loose a bit and go to town on it.

Lakitu

st5fu
This looks so good. My most anticipated title by far. The night shots look terrific and the game looks so much fun (jets, racing, countryside, atv, skydiving). Can't wait. Hopefully they have better missions than the ones we got in GTA IV.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
Site posts impressive shot that clearly isn't representational of the game: THAT'S A BULLSHOT WHY WON'T THEY SHOW ME THE GAME!

Site posts honest screen shot that is within the hardware limitations, yet is still impressive because the sheer breadth of the draw distance being shown with some expected aliasing present: I'LL JUST IGNORE THIS STUPID SHOT, WHY ARE THEY DOING THIS TO ME!?

You now understand GAF

anyways, I'm excited. I hope it has a sense of humor - that's been lacking from GTA recently. (Ballad of Gay Tony excluded)

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.

Yeah sarcasm posts, so funny and it adds so much to the conversation.

I liked the trailer, but I feel like I'm being tricked. Considering how completely awful GTA IV was (and here's the part where I add an IMO as a safety measure), there's really no reason for me to get hyped over a trailer that's obviously going to look good no matter what.

...but goddamn that looked pretty good. Looks like GTA has personality again, which is nice.

Daft_Cat

Looks amazing.

So, San Fierro is back as well? I thought it was just SoCal. It would be crazy if Las Venturas made it in.

I wonder how much of this trailer we'll be able to play through in the full game. The Jeep out of the plane bit looks amazing, but is that swoopy camera just an exaggeration for the trailer or is it actually going to be a cutscene in the game? San Andreas had a mission where you rode a bike up the ramp of a plane mid-takeoff, shot and blew up everyone inside and then jumped out the back to parachute to safety, and you controlled the whole thing, so I hope they haven't taken a step back with this.

Top Bottom