• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA4 + iCEnhancer mod. Holy mother of god.

PCMCm.png

Sethos

Banned
Yup, his config tool is out and it's really nice - With a bit of quick tweaking you can turn 2.1 into a beautiful config. Suggest everyone try it, focus especially on the colours and turning them down.

Dibbz

Yup, his config tool is out and it's really nice - With a bit of quick tweaking you can turn 2.1 into a beautiful config. Suggest everyone try it, focus especially on the colours and turning them down.

Never. Let's crank that saturation all the way up.

Karak

1.25 and 1.35 to some extend used a 'washed out' filter setting that he didn't include in the config, believe it's in the iceshader.fx

Ya I am seeing some different stuff in a couple locations. But I am super happy with what I have now.
Then when I jump to the episodes I guess I will upgrade and try to see what I can do with 2.1

The config is a great tool that takes care of a couple things for people. Allows some tweaking so that the real questions revolve around some of the more detailed bits than the other stuff that can be asked.

Sethos

Banned
Don't bother with texture packs. They are all basically just standard textures that has gone through the Photoshop sharpening and darkening process - None of them are truly quality. There's SOME packs out there with some high-quality textures but they cause severe game memory problems which causes textures not to load, eventually turning the game into a big grey blob until you restart.

Dries

I also would love a new OP. Not sure how this things works or which version is the preferred one.... 1.35 or 2.1?

Did I understand that you already have a guide, Sethos? Cause basically I want my game to look exactly like your screens.

Edit: Is that even possible with an:

i5 2500k 3.3 Ghz stock
8 GB RAM
ATI 6970 2 gig
Res: 1920 x 1080
60 fps is no requirement, as long as it's in the 35-45 range.

Dries

I'm just gonna throw some questions in here:

I love colors, so I'll probably go for the 2.1 version. How does that fare on AMD cards? (for complete setup see above post)

Can you use Dxtory to limit FPS with ICEnhancer?

I have the same setup as you except I have a 6870. I can run in 1080p with very high settings, my fps is probably around 25-35 range but I can live with that. This is for the 1.35 version, it seems its taking more resources than 2.1

Wich version of icenhancer you like is a matter of taste. You like colors go for 2.1, I'm using 1.35 and its like real life at night when I'm on Times Square lol.

Chinner

Banned
FINALLY. got gta 4 working. turns out it was GFWL being fucking awful as usual.

anyway, i have the steam version so does that mean i can only use 2.1? anyone got any guides? can i not use your thing sethos cause im on steam?

helpz.

Sethos

Banned
No, my ENB is 1.0.4.0 only.

On another note, currently writing up a new thread / guide which should cover everything except EFLC, as I know fuck all about that. Will be up later or tomorrow if nothing goes batshit, it's getting a bit long winded already.

Karak

On another note, currently writing up a new thread / guide which should cover everything except EFLC, as I know fuck all about that. Will be up later or tomorrow if nothing goes batshit, it's getting a bit long winded already.

Oh hey. That warning about the .dll driver causing Nvidia cards to run hot...looks like they meant it hahahahaha.
We had 105 F weather on Saturday and our AC couldn't keep up with the load. My 570GTX is dead:( Had only played like 5 minutes and my card, when I looked at it was at 90C+ with fans on max. Usually stays around 65C when playing other games hardcore:)

Ordered a 580GTX.
Is there another .DLL that doesn't have that issue?

wiggleb0t

Banned
At the gif's resolution, this looks like an action film!
That looks insane with that funky camera style! Very movie style, kinda reminds me of Terminator 3 style filming with the chase scene iirc even though different cars diff setting.

Sethos, sorry to bother you as you seem the go to guy in this thread. Yet to install GTAIV but installed the EFLC not sure what updated version they are through steam. Can I apply your settings easily on the EFLC version without GTAIV installed?
Really appreciate your help, many thanks in advance. : - )

Rocking a single gigy 670gtx & only game @ 1080p so guessing (hoping) for a solid 30fps coupled with your config. What performance do you get on SLI 680?

Razek

Banned

awwww.

Nice, are you covering car mods too?

Sethos

Banned
There will be an EFLC "guide" to get the ENB working but it's with the big disclaimer that it's basic support, as EFLC / 1.0.7.0 isn't supported.

Wiggle, my setting is strictly 1.0.4.0. For EFLC, in the iCEnhancer 2.1 there's a folder named 1.0.7.0 / EFLC. My settings or any settings for that matter can be applied as the overall structure is the same but the result will probably be horrible as the different versions doesn't share colours, structure or anything.

Karak, sorry to hear that man :p You can try the 81 SORA ( Still has issues I think ) or the 79 SORA ( Which I believe is the "Best" version for not overheating ) http://enbdev.com/download_mod_gta4.htm however you will lose ENB effects with those and some support.

Nice, are you covering car mods too?

Yeah :)

My guide is already spanning 6 Word document pages and far from done. It looks like the manual to a new car :p People will fall asleep before the reach the halfway point.

Chinner

Banned
okay, i installed the 2.1 patch, and i used the less saturation patch and......... i think gta 4 looks slightly different? any suggestions for settings in the config tool?

edit: seems like i should give up on 2.1 and just downgrade to 1.0.4.0.

FINALLY. got gta 4 working. turns out it was GFWL being fucking awful as usual.

anyway, i have the steam version so does that mean i can only use 2.1? anyone got any guides? can i not use your thing sethos cause im on steam?

helpz.

I just did the same thing last night, installed GTA4 on Steam and wanted to try this.

first thing you should do (and seriously consider this) make a copy of your GTA 4 Folder inside of the steamapps/common folder. You don't want to have to reinstall GTA4 in case you mess up the install, copying the backup is MUCH faster than redownoading 16GB.

Then go here and follow instructions:

http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2198415

There will be an EFLC "guide" to get the ENB working but it's with the big disclaimer that it's basic support, as EFLC / 1.0.7.0 isn't supported.

Wiggle, my setting is strictly 1.0.4.0. For EFLC, in the iCEnhancer 2.1 there's a folder named 1.0.7.0 / EFLC. My settings or any settings for that matter can be applied as the overall structure is the same but the result will probably be horrible as the different versions doesn't share colours, structure or anything.

Karak, sorry to hear that man :p You can try the 81 SORA ( Still has issues I think ) or the 79 SORA ( Which I believe is the "Best" version for not overheating ) http://enbdev.com/download_mod_gta4.htm however you will lose ENB effects with those and some support.

Yeah :)

My guide is already spanning 6 Word document pages and far from done. It looks like the manual to a new car :p People will fall asleep before the reach the halfway point.
Only thing I would like to know (seriously) is how to disable the DoF in your modified 1.1 version that you uploaded at the top of the page (can you even discribe how to manually remove only that?), can i use the iceHancer Config tool to disable it?

I ask because when I tried the other version that you uploaded without the DoF it looks way different and itsn't compatible with the iCeHancer Config Tool (causes unhandled exceptions).

I just did the same thing last night, installed GTA4 on Steam and wanted to try this.

first thing you should do (and seriously consider this) make a copy of your GTA 4 Folder inside of the steamapps/common folder. You don't want to have to reinstall GTA4 in case you mess up the install, copying the backup is MUCH faster than redownoading 16GB.

Then go here and follow instructions:

http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2198415

Only thing I would like to know (seriously) is how to disable the DoF in your modified 1.1 version that you uploaded at the top of the page (can you even discribe how to manually remove only that?), can i use the iceHancer Config tool to disable it?

I ask because when I tried the other version that you uploaded without the DoF it looks way different and itsn't compatible with the iCeHancer Config Tool (causes unhandled exceptions).

You must downgrade your Steam version. I tried icenhancer with Steam(patch 7) and it looked horrible.

Sethos

Banned
With the configuration tool out, there's little point in using my config. Just install 2.1 and use the configuration tool to lower saturation, then you got a nice config.

Karak

With the configuration tool out, there's little point in using my config. Just install 2.1 and use the configuration tool to lower saturation, then you got a nice config.

Asking again cause the thread is moving so fast. Does 2.1 use the dll that overheats Nvidia as well?

Karak

Yes, most configs do unless stated otherwise or because they are old / outdated configs.

Thanks. I was worried about that. Well hopefully this 580 has a better fan setup. It has duels instead of the normal single some have and m 570 had. I will be keeping a close damn eye on temps.

Sethos

Banned
Thanks. I was worried about that. Well hopefully this 580 has a better fan setup. It has duels instead of the normal single some have and m 570 had. I will be keeping a close damn eye on temps.

I must admit, you are the first case I've heard of where the GPU actually has overheated. I will make sure to include the warning notice for the overheating at the bottom of my thread, tell them about the other .dlls if that's a big concern.

Karak

I must admit, you are the first case I've heard of where the GPU actually has overheated. I will make sure to include the warning notice for the overheating at the bottom of my thread, tell them about the other .dlls if that's a big concern.

Yep its totally fine. I saw it in other tech threads on websites, not a ton but a couple. Mine was purely very bad timing(day was super hot), AC that died or was weak in that room, and a somewhat hot card anyway:) All that sort of came together uniquely.

I consider it nothing more than random fate really and hey I get to upgrade:)

Dries

Wut. 2.1 has a .dll that overheats GPU's? I intend on using 2.1, but does this specific .dll only overheat Nvidia cards? I have a 6970 btw.

Well, I'm just trying to use your exact setting without the DoF is all. Any way to manually disable it? I've been trying to figure this out on my own but to no avail...

I've been comparing files with your 1.1 at the top of the last page with the stock 2.1 and there's not many differences except for these two files:

iceconfig.ini
iceshader.fx

and the addition of:
xlive.dll
xlive_.dll
injector.ini

am i right? Should i be looking in the iceconfig.txt to disable the DoF?

Sethos

Banned
Well, I'm just trying to use your exact setting without the DoF is all. Any way to manually disable it? I've been trying to figure this out on my own but to no avail...

I've been comparing files with your 1.1 at the top of the last page with the stock 2.1 and there's not many differences except for these two files:

iceconfig.ini
iceshader.fx

and the addition of:
xlive.dll
xlive_.dll
injector.ini

am i right? Should i be looking in the iceconfig.txt to disable the DoF?

The 1.1 release doesn't have any DoF, the DoF is under Optional Extras. Only the 1.0 release had default DoF.

And DoF is in the iceshader

theres got to be a difference in your iceshader and ini because they arent compatible with the config tool somehow. I wonder if you could edit the files to make them compatible. Or edit the stock config tool versions of those 2 files to imitate your look in the 1.1 release from last page? so we can have you look with an easy tool to edit away! :D

edit: just tested it, your .ini is fine, but the iceshader of yours is what's not compatible with the config tool (causes unhandled exceptions) anything you can do to remedy that?

Sethos

Banned
Because the iceshader I'm using doesn't adhere to the 2.1 structure, meaning the config tool won't read it. I'd have to re-write the entire shader or put some serious work in to get it working, something I'm not planning on doing.

Dries

So I got 2.1 running and goddamn it's so fucking gorgeous! Holy shit. Too bad my fps is in the twenties... Any things I can try to raise my fps?

Dries

Lower your graphical settings?

Yeah, I did of course, but then I got to such low settings that it wasn't really worth playing. Too bad though, it looked great, but I don't want to play with 20 fps all the time lol.

Here are some screens. Note: This is just the standard ICEnhancer 2.1 verrsion. No custom settings.

i4ccdSVPmHYbl.bmp

ibgNRnI1Fw3PUp.bmp

ibkBQbBhVGw5VV.bmp

ibvHFI1QdRFvB0.bmp

I actually like this look, especially the colours, so I don't think I'll change it a lot.

Top Bottom