• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTAV - Spring 2013, Xbox 360/PS3. Trailer #2 hits on Nov. 14th

Squire

Banned
There's also the fact that for all the people ITT complaining about no PC port at launch, there's half as many saying thry'll double dip on it when it eventually releases and have no problem doing so. Don't think Rockstar hasn't thought of that.

MormaPope

Banned
Exactly. Like you said, the situation I described with the wealthier main character could be a perfect contrast to the potentially rougher economic situations of the other main characters. Going from ending one mission in the crew leader's mansion in the hills, greeting his wife and kids before dinner Tony Soprano style, to one of his guys in some dingy apartment in a seedy downtown neighborhood. Could keep the story feeling more fresh and varied than past games.

Honestly, this is what I want out of GTA V. After Red Dead Redemption, I think Rockstar knows how to tell a tragic story, I want to be left shocked and in awe at the end of GTA V.

dreamfall

Did anyone claim the artwork as an avatar? I switched- I can't contain my excitement!!!

Some of the PC disclaimers on their part are disheartening but still...

dreamfall

Nice. I love all the new artwork. I hope we some hi-res versions online of the female cop arresting the girl and another of that guy on the ATV.

Oh absolutely! Rockstar always does a hell of a job putting their artwork up- I'm hoping this is no different. Really beautiful, even the prospect of this coming out in the Spring is insane!

I do think it'll still be October or so, but we can hope!

UrbanRats

Some of the wording in the PC statement leaves some room for hope, though:

Hey guys, glad to see so much enthusiasm about the release announcement. For those asking about the PC platform, we're currently focused on the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of the game and don't have any details to share about a PC version at this time. Anyone that continues to spam the comments section will have their commenting privileges suspended.

I know i'm reaching at straws, but still, it makes me hope that it'll come down the line and it won't be another RDR.
With that said, i just want to enjoy the GI info (and, in general, the game) without focusing too much on this, i don't want to get to the release with a bad taste in my mouth, so to speak.

Squire

Banned
Oh absolutely! Rockstar always does a hell of a job putting their artwork up- I'm hoping this is no different. Really beautiful, even the prospect of this coming out in the Spring is insane!

It's gonna be Spring. They wouldn't have said so if they didn't know for sure.

UrbanRats

hope they release a new trailer, it really is a long time coming.
how many days till GI hits?

Week from Thursday (Nov 8).

ib0sJZUCeJYjwW.gif

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Spring has been R*'s preferred window for major releases since GTAIV; it's less "insane" and more "completely expected".

Riggs

Banned
Double dipping gives you cancer. Since I smoke a pack a day I don't really give a fuck so most likely will double dip also.

There is no way any one can tell me with a serious face that a console can pull this off, even with touch ups, it is just not feasible.

These are PC shots if I ever saw them.[/QUOTE]
Or maybe next-gen console screenshots.

I don't see any reason to rush into buying this game on my PS3 or Xbox360 with so much potentially better looking versions.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Some of the wording in the PC statement leaves some room for hope, though:

Hey guys, glad to see so much enthusiasm about the release announcement. For those asking about the PC platform, we're currently focused on the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of the game and don't have any details to share about a PC version at this time. Anyone that continues to spam the comments section will have their commenting privileges suspended.

I know i'm reaching at straws, but still, it makes me hope that it'll come down the line and it won't be another RDR.
With that said, i just want to enjoy the GI info (and, in general, the game) without focusing too much on this, i don't want to get to the release with a bad taste in my mouth, so to speak.

what did they say about RDR? Same ambiguous comments and then silence, or 'fuck off we aren't doing it on PC'?

track record suggests a PC version down the line for GTA though

Fjordson

M°°nblade;43806406 said:
Or maybe next-gen console screenshots.

I don't see any reason to rush into buying this game on my PS3 or Xbox360 with so much potentially better looking versions.
Eh, I don't know. I don't see R* re-releasing this for the next set of systems.

UrbanRats

what did they say about RDR? Same ambiguous comments and then silence, or 'fuck off we aren't doing it on PC'?

track record suggests a PC version down the line for GTA though

Just trying to stay positive about it.
Of course i'm still burned from RDR, but the wording does leave a bit of room for interpretation.
Then again, it's not like they write these messages with a team of lawyers, so it doesn't really mean shit in the end.

Feature

Banned
Wow sweet woman cops! The no pc version kinda pissed me off though. I remember causing chaos in GTA 4 on PS3 and it would stutter super hard... why would they release max payne on PC together with console versions but not GTA 5 :( .

Hanmik

viewmedia_345572_origp5j8g.jpg

It seems she's anatomically correct, not a finger too much this time.

dammit.-.-.-

I have been looking at the face for some time now.. she looks like someone famous.. and then I figured it out..

ChristianeBS.ashx

christianeschaumburgjulJS.ashx

1220%20christiane%20undertoej%20swi.ashx

that is a Danish model/actor/tv-host ... christiane schaumburg-müller .. it looks to much like her..

Riggs

Banned
Do you remember what system you first played GTA 3 on?

Yep.

Same shit as GTA IV all over again.

Yeah man =( This game was a PC game first, like many of the console games people enjoy. Sorry GTA will always be a PC game for me, I'll end up waiting for release and buying shitty 360 version to hold me over. I say shitty only because the pop in is fucking horrible for GTA IV on 360, drove me nuts.

dreamfall

Spring has been R*'s preferred window for major releases since GTAIV; it's less "insane" and more "completely expected".

I'd love to believe that it'll actually make the window. But I'm not sure- perhaps like Red Dead and Max Payne it will be slated for early Spring then get pushed to May. But part of me thinks it'll have some delay- it's just me being pessimistic.

But if it does make May, my goodness. Rejoice!

Why does time itself make some of you PC owners pissed? I'm going to get GTA V for the 360 and double dip when the PC version is released. Rockstar isn't going to delay a finished product for consoles so PC owners also get it day one, it isn't laziness or inexperience, GTA V has been in development for a long time and Rockstar wants let this puppy loose.

Translation:

Why does time itself make some of you PC owners demand your perfectly viable platform to be equally supported? I'm going to get GTA V for the 360 with shit framerate and terrible pop-up and double dip when the PC version is released because I just love paying twice for the same thing. Rockstar isn't going to delay a finished product for consoles so PC owners also get it day one, it isn't laziness or inexperience, making games for PC is hard yo! GTA V has been in development for a long time and Rockstar wants let this puppy loose not to mention gauge all console owners on shit DLC, Season Pass, and other crap which is less likely to fly with the PC crowd.

Eideka

Banned
Well, at least Rockstar's comment won't leave us disappointed : no PC version at all it seems.

Well, time to hug my PS3.

lefantome

GTA V WON'T BE OUT BEFORE APRIL 2013

"Moreover, with Grand Theft Auto V slated for spring 2013, we are poised to generate substantial revenue and earnings growth in fiscal year 2014." - Strauss Zelnick, Chairman and CEO of Take-Two.

Today T2 revised its forecasted earnings for FY 2013 (ending march 31st) down to 1.1-1.2 billions.
Previously in june they forecasted the biggest earnings ever for the company in FY 2013.

This means that GTA V has been delayed internally (probably it's not the first time) and explain why we got a generic Spring 2013.

This also confirm that R* has no strategy in releasing games in May or whatever but it always ends like that because they are delayed.

http://ir.take2games.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=86428&p=irol-newsArticle&ID=1752068&highlight=

UrbanRats

LOL. She's using her forward facing camera.

Haha. I hope this is a joke post.

As someone who doesn't have a smartphone, mind to clue me in? A forward facing camera is an entity that floats a meter from the phone or what?

To be more clear: I presume she's not the one taking the photo, so my joke was relative to her pose, that seems like one taking a picture in front of a mirror (especially how she holds the phone), simple as that. :p

Lol, it's terrible when you seriously explain a joke.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
As someone who doesn't have a smartphone, mind to clue me in? A forward facing camera is an entity that floats a meter from the phone or what?

A camera on the front of the phone used for video calls or taking photos of yourself without having to turn the camera around.

UrbanRats

49 euros it's not bad at all for a console game, might preorder for the price guarantee, though i'm not 100% sure on which platform, so i guess i'll wait a bit.

360 will probably be better in terms of performance, yet if they turn out the same, Ps3 has free online.
Plus the ps3 version is usually vsynced.

Chinner

Banned
hey guys ive translated the PR paragraph about the pc version
we will announce the pc version after the console versions are released so that gamers will double-purchase and we can make more money

I would be willing to wait and double dip for an optimized GTAV PC port that looks like this:

enb20101017222420.jpg

Hell, even port it over to next gen in the fall for all I care. What I'm saying is that once I've seen ENB, I find it hard to go back.

gta4-enb-series-mod-gta-5-grafikausblick__6__100713160736.jpg

Will just buy this on the 360. Want to jump into it when the hype is still fresh and don't want to wait months for the PC version.

No mods though :(

Top Bottom