• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus R |OT| Ready to rock on STEAM (with netcode!)

Rhapsody

Banned
Do any GG characters play like Labrys in P4A?

In a way, the guard bar itself reminds me of axe meter if your opponent's blocking lol.

But what aspect of Labrys do you mean? There's no one that plays exactly like her, but there might be someone with similarities you're looking for.

Ken

In a way, the guard bar itself reminds me of axe meter if your opponent's blocking lol.

But what aspect of Labrys do you mean? There's no one that plays exactly like her, but there might be someone with similarities you're looking for.

Silly hitboxes and simple.

Ken

A.B.A might suit you.

Any good beginner ABA guides? I went into dustloop combo thread and got stuck at the very first thing lol.

2HS > IAD j.S j.HS 41236S -land- > j.S j.HS j.D 41236S -land- > Keystab > OTG Keystab

No idea how to connect anything after IAD...or if my IAD is too slow.

Rhapsody

Banned
Any good beginner ABA guides? I went into dustloop combo thread and got stuck at the very first thing lol.

2HS > IAD j.S j.HS 41236S -land- > j.S j.HS j.D 41236S -land- > Keystab > OTG Keystab

No idea how to connect anything after IAD...or if my IAD is too slow.

Oh, those combos involve A.B.A in Moroha mode. Basically to enter and exit out of that move, you have to use your blood packs (63214P) or use your key stab (63214HS). In this mode, your mobility sky rockets and some of your moves change. As you stay in this mode, you lose health when you damage the opponent and you can only stay in this mode for a limited time. You can gain back your lost health once you exit Moroha mode from using up one of your blood packs or hitting them with your key special.

Make sure you never let the gauge for that mode deplete naturally since you'll be vulnerable.

Edit: Also, I'm not sure of where to find any guides for her to ease you into the character. The best advice I can give you is to understand how her normals work and look and then use match references from there. GG's sort of a free style game. Combos are generally simple until you see something that involves off of oki or into a powerful loop.

Joule

Any good basic Baiken BnBs to start off with?

The basic combo involves your starter of choice chaining to 2D or 5HS (for example, 2K->5S->2D) and then cancelling that into Tatami (236K). After the Tatami you follow up with j.P -> j.S -> j.D. In the corner you can air dash after the j.D to add on another j.S -> j.D (her dustloop combos). Sometimes you have frc the Tatami to make things work out or adjust the combo a bit for different characters.

Here's a set of videos demonstrating some bnbs.

Baiken's combos change quite a bit in the +R update just to let you know as well.

Thanks for the info. These notations are kind of funky to me since I started out with SSFIV but it's pretty easy. I can do 5. S 5. H 236 k into j.s j.s j.623 s for starters. Very cool system.

Joule

Thanks for the info. These notations are kind of funky to me since I started out with SSFIV but it's pretty easy. I can do 5. S 5. H 236 k into j.s j.s j.623 s for starters. Very cool system.
Yeah number notation is what I associate with Guilty Gear but I think it's just as easy to understand as other notations. Combos ending in j.D are really good because j.D has the blowback property so it sends the opponent far (into the corners) and has a lot of untechable time so it generally leads to hard knock down oki situations. They also really hurt!

I heard Baiken got nerfed a ton in +R. Isn't she bottom or near bottom tier now?
From what I understand it's not so much she got nerfed but rather is just different. Her corner damage is still pretty high and oki off of it is pretty good. She even got some buffs to some of her moves like j.P being 5F start up now from 7F.

Dustloop has a great guide for her.

ABA, like Labrys, is very momentum heavy. She has three different forms, normal, Moroha, and Goku Moroha. Normal mode is bad, your goal is to stay out of it and remain in optimal situations. Rhapsody already went over how to enter it.

Her Moroha combos do great damage and are pretty easy to do. The 2H IAD j.S j.H xx orb combo is probably one of her harder ones honestly. If you can get that down you should be fine. Neutral game is definitely the hardest thing with her, if you get rushed down it's very hard to recover from it. IIRC she's also one of the few characters that instakills are somewhat viable against so, you can't afford to get knocked down.

It's best to go for j.D for air combo enders like Joule stated. If you have 25% you can also follow it up mid-screen with an air-dash j.S j.D for better corner carry which is very important to her. If you're having a hard time air-dashing after a j.D in the corner you can always just go for j.D FRC air dash if you have the meter. j.D FRC is pretty easy to get down, just tap D and immediately hit RC and it should work every time.

Baiken's awesome though. Her meterless guard cancels force people to stay honest. She's a great scrub killer.

Naite

With the lack of release info of the console version update in sight, I'm really tempted to buy a vita and practice on that. There's a ton of downtime at work so I could use something to play. What are the odds of a new vita model being shown at this year's E3?

Riou

I heard Baiken got nerfed a ton in +R. Isn't she bottom or near bottom tier now?

Baiken did not get nerfed a ton in +R, she just got some stupid stuff taken away. The major thing they took away is air dust not giving you a knockdown on all her combos. They also changed properties of the tatami which lowered her damage for mid screen combos. They buffed some her normal that help her out and the changed properties of the tatami allow Baiken to do a lot more damage with less meter.

Here are some videos of good baiken players in +R
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QEjCXZCOCY&list=UUNS7KzXpV2VFJZw_sB9uqhA&index=1
The baiken player is Kuni and you can clearly see the increased damage she does in the corner.

Another good baiken player is maruken
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dCPcSrRc38&list=UUNS7KzXpV2VFJZw_sB9uqhA&index=13

Joule

is it true they are planning tlo patch this game?

Like the title of the thread says, "this spring" is the time frame of the console patch supposedly but Spring is starting to wind down.

I don't mind playing AC for now as my character doesn't change that much but it is getting a tad annoying not knowing when ACPR is coming.

Any basic Chipp bnbs? I can get Baikens gatling (which I guess is s.s s.h) tatami to j.s j.d ad j.s jd about 70% consistency. I'm still trying to find a midscreen to corner combo but it looks like I need to FRC and IAD tatami. What are the inputs of those two moves?

Riou

Any basic Chipp bnbs? I can get Baikens gatling (which I guess is s.s s.h) tatami to j.s j.d ad j.s jd about 70% consistency. I'm still trying to find a midscreen to corner combo but it looks like I need to FRC and IAD tatami. What are the inputs of those two moves?

For your Baiken gatling combo, make sure your tatami to j.s actually connects and the beat is not black because i'm pretty sure you can't get the j.s hit after a tatami. You need to FRC the tatami for the combo to work. A meterless bnb is combo ~ tatami -> jump cancel -> j.P -> j.s ->j.D. I think you should just work on your FRC timing for a.D and tatami because thats how you get your big damage combos. IAD tatami is really hard to get down consistently so i think that should wait.

A example of a Chipp bnb would be close.S -> 6P -> s.S -> 6p -> sweep. This does decent damage and gives you a knockdown. Another bnb would be 2S -> 5HS -> alpha blade and if you have 50 tension u can RC the alpha blade into 6HS into air combo. The timing of the RC for the alpha blade would be right when you hit the opponent.

fader

Like the title of the thread says, "this spring" is the time frame of the console patch supposedly but Spring is starting to wind down.

I don't mind playing AC for now as my character doesn't change that much but it is getting a tad annoying not knowing when ACPR is coming.

I thought that was for the relase date for +r.

Rhapsody

Banned
Thanks. Any tips for working FRC timing? I just press tatami then cancel with k s h and jump forward?

I don't know if this is happening for you, but when I first learned GG way back, I had issues doing FRCs in combos, but I could get them down in neutral. I didn't realize at the time that my timing is off because doing the special raw compared to off of a buffered input of the special is different, making me press it too early than what I'm used to.

For your Baiken gatling combo, make sure your tatami to j.s actually connects and the beat is not black because i'm pretty sure you can't get the j.s hit after a tatami. You need to FRC the tatami for the combo to work. A meterless bnb is combo ~ tatami -> jump cancel -> j.P -> j.s ->j.D. I think you should just work on your FRC timing for a.D and tatami because thats how you get your big damage combos. IAD tatami is really hard to get down consistently so i think that should wait.

A example of a Chipp bnb would be close.S -> 6P -> s.S -> 6p -> sweep. This does decent damage and gives you a knockdown. Another bnb would be 2S -> 5HS -> alpha blade and if you have 50 tension u can RC the alpha blade into 6HS into air combo. The timing of the RC for the alpha blade would be right when you hit the opponent.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00QUgsM-X8c&list=PL8-k8jstr6QOUz2ZtlG60afeq1QO7hcfR

What do you mean by beat is not black?

Riou

Thanks. Any tips for working FRC timing? I just press tatami then cancel with k s h and jump forward?

What i did to get the FRC timing down for tatami is i went into training mode and just kept on doing tatami with the inputs turned on. Every time i did a tatami i would look when the input bar turned blue and would try and associate it to the animation baiken is in or in what state the mat is in. I also tried using sound as an indicator to tell me when to FRC the tatami. It just takes some practice but when u get it down the bnb is easy because after an FRC tatami all you need to do is Jump and press j.s -> j.D into whatever combo.

Onemic

That socal tourney that streamed yesterday made me want to start practicing this game again because it's so damn cool. Problem is I'll never face anyone because of this pos online :(

who actually thinks that arcsys will make due on their promise to improve the online for the +R patch,(if it even releases at this rate) or if it's just another lost in translation bs that was fed to us like +R for vita?

Yeah I'm starting to find out the timing for FRC tatami. Best to do it when the dust is coming from the tatami.

do you have the game for 360 or PS3? I still eventually want to play Baiken. I think GG is the only 2D fighting game I've played where I actually want to main multiple characters(Slayer, Baiken, Johnny, and Chipp)

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Not me, I had #Reload so I'm not expecting shit from them.

Your best bet is to get a scene going in your area.

Onemic

Not me, I had #Reload so I'm not expecting shit from them.

Your best bet is to get a scene going in your area.

This is why, after 30 minutes or so practicing, I just say what's the point and stop playing. I have the same problem with KOFXIII. Fix your online mofos!

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Oh, come on. I'm sure there's a fighting game scene in your area that you could hawk GG on. Problem around here is getting that traction for anything non-Capcom.

That socal tourney that streamed yesterday made me want to start practicing this game again because it's so damn cool. Problem is I'll never face anyone because of this pos online :(

who actually thinks that arcsys will make due on their promise to improve the online for the +R patch,(if it even releases at this rate) or if it's just another lost in translation bs that was fed to us like +R for vita?

do you have the game for 360 or PS3? I still eventually want to play Baiken. I think GG is the only 2D fighting game I've played where I actually want to main multiple characters(Slayer, Baiken, Johnny, and Chipp)

I'm using my old PS2 lol :[. My 360 died on me yesterday so I can't play it on there.

Onemic

Oh, come on. I'm sure there's a fighting game scene in your area that you could hawk GG on. Problem around here is getting that traction for anything non-Capcom.

None that I know of. The ones that do are all downtown and I'm not gonna haul my ass in a bus for 1 and a half hours just to get destroyed in GG. I'd actually be more inclined to play KOF, because at least the local scene is bigger and the one place I do go to sometimes for local play has it.

Naite

My predictions: The patch won't come out til close to arcade release of Xrd. Lobbies will be added but netcode will only slightly be better but still bad for a game like GG so only a few people will pick it up. Then a new version of BBCP will be announced shortly after.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
My predictions: The patch won't come out til close to arcade release of Xrd. Lobbies will be added but netcode will only slightly be better but still bad for a game like GG so only a few people will pick it up. Then a new version of BBCP will be announced shortly after.
Classical ASW self-cannibalism.

Top Bottom