• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gundam Breaker 3 |OT| - This is my Gunpla There are many like it but this one is mine

The ultra low chance of this being localized is heartbreaking. :(

It's way higher than usual since Gundam Extreme VS Force is coming stateside. Bandai Namco is bringing over a lot of JP titles over this year and the fact that this is already going to have English subtitles puts it in the running.

^Yeah its certainly possible. I think we are more likely to see a PS4 Maxi Boost port released before any breaker game here though.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
As far as I understand, there are MG kits, but their size is the same as HG kits.

if its the same as gb2 the size should be different as i had both the hg and mg kampfer for example and the sizes were different. cant imagine they would change that for this game seeing how enemy mg and hg differ in size

Parakeetman

So which kits in the OP are HG and which are MG? Wait, MG are the same size as HG? What? How is that possible?

duckroll unfortunately i dont have that detailed of a list yet. would have to wait a little for the jp 攻略 site maniacs to fill it out. though since they said all the kits from 2 are in i would imagine that goes for both hg and mg

rrvv

Any improvement in combat compare to GB2? Tempted to get but I feel like I should wait for GB4

OVDRobo

Didn't even realise this was out so soon. Thank goodness for OTs

Just put through my pre-order for the Asian-English version since I enjoyed and got through the previous game without issue, but navigating menus sure would be easier if some of it was in decently understandable English, particularly when it comes down to parts and stat bonuses.

My experience with Gundam Breaker 2 etched a huge list of model numbers and their related mobile suit into my brain, but I think I'm patient enough to wait a couple of months.

I was gonna hop on the GB2 train but I never got a chance to do it, so I'm not the most reliable person for changes, but man this game is fast as fuck.

I THINK you could mix up your combos with shots and melee in the first game, but this shit is so smooth it kinda plays like a character action game. Anyway, here are some random points:

- Shit loads relativity fast on the PS4. Some levels take longer, but the levels feel longer to me but there is more action in general. Less walking.
- Menus are more intuitive, although I haven't found out how move pieces around or save kits yet.
- You get varied pieces pretty fast. I got a beam saber, a melee arm, a giant sword, and a few other guns from two missions already! GB1 didn't give you shit!
- You can pose them! It's like my very own gunpla but without costing hundreds of bucks!
- Most of the menus are self explanatory, thank god. Some have a bit of english with them too. Glad I didn't wait until next month.
-YOOOO IS THAT SHINING GUNDAM AND THE THEME AS WELL FUCK YEAH LET'S GOOOOOO
- I expected a grind, but because the combat is definitely there, I don't think I'll mind it all that much.

If you like Gundam, buy it, shit is so cash.

Parakeetman

Any improvement in combat compare to GB2? Tempted to get but I feel like I should wait for GB4

The combat was already fairly good in GB2. This one feels a bit more "loose" in the sense that its easier to chain things together. Plus with all of the hardpoints and weapons you have this time around gives a lot more flexibility with your attack options.

Though honestly a lot of this is just to rip the defenses off of a MS and then air juggle it to death. But then again thats nothing new with the series lol.

Customization is a lot less of a pain in the ass this time around too. Though you need a ton of cash as it adds up quick.

Xater

Okay for people wondering what it will be on the HK PSN, the PS4 Chinese/Korean version is HK$509, and the Vita HK$429. I imagine the English version will be the same price.

That's roughly $65 and $55 USD respectively... not adding in bank conversion fees, plus markups for buying HK PSN cards.

Doing the conversion for this and the other Asian stores, it seems like just getting the physical version will be the cheapest way.

It's way higher than usual since Gundam Extreme VS Force is coming stateside. Bandai Namco is bringing over a lot of JP titles over this year and the fact that this is already going to have English subtitles puts it in the running.
I just hope that if they do announce a US release, they announce it before the Asian version releases.

squall23

Not being able to use SDs is dumb. Vassal Knight was so good in SRWBX.

*looks at the list some more*

Where's DX? Please don't tell me it's DLC AGAIN.
Still no Star Build Strike?
Still no AGE FX?

squall23

Considering how Gen 3 of AGE is horrible, I'm not surprised that Bandai wants to avoid anything associated with Kio Asuno.
As much as I agree with them, I actually don't hate AGE designs. Banpresto giving Flit a nuke in SRWBX was the correct choice at least.

sensui-tomo

I honestly think that game is being sent to die considering no online mode(local only) on a console which didnt sell well to begin with in the west... GB3 would have been a better choice than Vs force..

The lack of Build Fighter suits is still upsetting.

oh no mg kits you can buy later though pg is bosses only tho. am not sure if every hg kit has a mg ceesion though.
This always pissed me off in GB2, and its going to drive me up a wall since they finally added my girl Kshatriya who's only got an HG. So I'm probably going to be forever stuck using HG kits, and that's going to suck if it's like GB2 where the power jump from HG to MG was pretty big.

They should just throw in the off-brand 1/100 resin kit for Kshatriya.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Almost done with chapter 2 and here are my impressions so far (context - I've played GB1 and 2, hated 1 even after the big patch and really liked 2).

I was extremely hyped for GB3 and so far I'm a bit disappointed, mainly because of the following:
- Missions being very long. Maybe I'm remembering 2 wrong, but missions in 3 feel much longer. It's a wave after wave after wave after wave and about halfway through I just can't wait until it's over. Call me impatient, but I think shorter levels would get better with the core loop in this game (clear a level -> get new shiny parts -> upgrade your MS -> repeat).
- Fighting feels more mindless than in 2. This is the part which confuses me the most, since I can't remember 2's gameplay all that well, but I'm pretty sure that I enjoyed it much more than here. I wonder if it's just the fact of being bored of the simple combat system, playing too much PSO2 lately, which leads to shiny items dropping everywhere to do nothing for me (unless it's a part of a MS I really like) or is the gameplay really a bit different from 2, like mentioned by Parakeetman.
- Story sections feel extremely cheap. Sure, I'm not playing the game for the story and it's pretty basic, but this is not some random Vita dungeon crawler from a small studio, but a new title from a huge franchise from Bandai Namco. Still shots, characters having a very limited amount of expressions etc. really rub me the wrong way.
- I tried the arena once and cleared whatever was there. It was really boring and enemies didn't even drop parts. Rewards for clearing regular missions are better. Tried bounty hunter as well, but sadly my current MS is way too weak to take care of the 2 top bounties. They destroyed me in seconds.

Unless I start having more fun with the game, I think I might say goodbye to it much sooner than I expected, which would be a huge bummer given how long I waited for it.

Of course it's not all doom and gloom, the game looks much better than GB2, everything runs smoothly on the PS4 and I like the new customization options.

Here are some screenshots showing the evolution of my MS:
6AKDDA8.jpg

GG1BZyf.jpg

By the way, there's currently a contest held on the Gundam Perfect Games site. You get 1 luck booster by entering your MS (you have to upload it from the game first).
Weren't there BF Try suits in 2 as the first print bonus or something? I assumed those would be included in 3 as well.

sensui-tomo

Weren't there BF Try suits in 2 as the first print bonus or something? I assumed those would be included in 3 as well.

Yes they were in and they were in regardless of having first print or not(you just got them unlocked earlier). I do however wonder if that sd gundam that was used in build fighter try is in this.

Shouta

GB2 has long and short missions though the first few I played in GB3 were longer than the first few in GB2. It might even out later on.

Gameplay is essentially the same as GB2 aside from some tweaks like being more responsive and weapon characteristics being adjusted. I have Proto-Zero's Buster rifle and it causes this giant impact on hit that kind of juggles an enemy if you single shot with it, that wasn't in GB2. The Great Sword attacks also have added effects and there are new attacks as well.

I imported my suit from GB2 though with a few teaks. Unfortunately, I don't have Burst mode yet so I can't use the Twin Satellite Cannons. =(

I ment to pre order the Asian version of this, earlier.

I never really got into the last two games, but since there's going to be a "English" version... It's hard to argue.

Parakeetman

overall this game most def surpasses GB2 is all fans need to know.

do appreciate that they ditched the shitty system which they had in GB2 when it came to customization and levels

on top that its a lot more freeform now with being able to transfer traits from other parts onto current ones.

though as mentioned before you will most def need a lot of cash to do this as it adds up quick.

squall23

This always pissed me off in GB2, and its going to drive me up a wall since they finally added my girl Kshatriya who's only got an HG. So I'm probably going to be forever stuck using HG kits, and that's going to suck if it's like GB2 where the power jump from HG to MG was pretty big.

They should just throw in the off-brand 1/100 resin kit for Kshatriya.
Didn't units with no MGs still get a MG version in the game? Back then, the MGs of DX and V2 weren't out yet but I'm positive the game had them, even if they only used their HG box art.

The fact that a V2 MG actually exists now is still surreal to me. I'm so happy.

- Missions being very long. Maybe I'm remembering 2 wrong, but missions in 3 feel much longer. It's a wave after wave after wave after wave and about halfway through I just can't wait until it's over. Call me impatient, but I think shorter levels would get better with the core loop in this game (clear a level -> get new shiny parts -> upgrade your MS -> repeat).

I ended up not finishing 2 because the missions were waaaaaaay too long 99% of the time.

Parakeetman

I ended up not finishing 2 because the missions were waaaaaaay too long 99% of the time.

the problem with 2 also was the shitty unnecessary gimmicks on some levels such as the generators that would prevent ranged weapons, drain health or shrink your unit

also poor level design such as the canyon stages for example.

the problem with 2 also was the shitty unnecessary gimmicks on some levels such as the generators that would prevent ranged weapons, drain health or shrink your unit

also poor level design such as the canyon stages for example.

God, yeah. Those were the worst. Running through canyon stages over and over took foreeeeveerrrrr

Parakeetman

GB2 stages were faster once you started abusing stuff like Virtue's GN bazooka, lol

ATOMICBAZOOKA POWARRRRRRR Ψ( ̄∇ ̄)Ψ

shit was hilarious when used on maps where enemies would bunch up.

also GB2 worst boss fight ever was vs the dendrobium due to once again shitty stage design. ironic considering that was one of the earlier bosses lol

for the bounty hunt stuff in this game you need to pretty much just abuse skills to constantly keep def ripped off of your target so you can keep knocking oarts off and juggling them to death. killed the 2 top guys on my list but took me all the retry tickets to do it. will upload the vid in the evening.

for others attempting it highly do not suggest trying to take on the top rankers with a mostly unmodified unit. lol

OVDRobo

This is a pretty specific question since the game's so new and people are probably still getting used to it, but I'll ask it anyway:

Is the background music changing to your the theme of a specific Gundam if you activate hyper mode (L3 + R3) while in a certain mode (NT-D for 'Unicorn' to play etc.), still in the game?

Has anyone found any new themes yet? Is there any way to access BGM that are on Gundams that don't have special modes? For example, Strike Shutsugeki was present in Gundam Breaker 2, but you couldn't have it as your Gundam theme because Strike didn't have any special modes to trigger it and other Gundams further up the food chain had their own associated themes.

It's hardly a deal breaker, but if not, selectable hyper mode BGM on a per-gundam basis would be something cool they could add in the inevitable Gundam Breaker 4.

Shouta

ATOMICBAZOOKA POWARRRRRRR Ψ( ̄∇ ̄)Ψ

shit was hilarious when used on maps where enemies would bunch up.

also GB2 worst boss fight ever was vs the dendrobium due to once again shitty stage design. ironic considering that was one of the earlier bosses lol

for the bounty hunt stuff in this game you need to pretty much just abuse skills to constantly keep def ripped off of your target so you can keep knocking oarts off and juggling them to death. killed the 2 top guys on my list but took me all the retry tickets to do it. will upload the vid in the evening.

for others attempting it highly do not suggest trying to take on the top rankers with a mostly unmodified unit. lol

The Atomic Bazooka was bad. Super long reload and only one shot. Trust me, Gn Bazooka or Full Open/missile spam were the best things to get through stages quick in GB2, lol.

Parakeetman

The Atomic Bazooka was bad. Super long reload and only one shot. Trust me, Gn Bazooka or Full Open/missile spam were the best things to get through stages quick in GB2, lol.

yeah missile spam was so awesome

i only like the AB since i can go ソロモンよ私は帰ってきた! when firing it lol

i wonder if this game has the gn missiles again as have not found them yet

Admittedly kind of bummed that due to the focus on the BB Senshi kits for the SD Gundam supports, no Star Winning =(

This really bums me out, I love Star Winning gundam, I think I mark'd out when Fumina did Star Winning's transformation. so. hype.

At least I see G-Self in that list even though G-Arcane didn't make the cut. The true disappointment is
not getting Super Fumina

The story sounds like Gundam Build Fighters series so that sounds nice. Might have to customize a cool looking gundam to swoon Misa's heart and take her to the top of the Gunpla battling world.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
If you're confused like me regarding what each part ability does (usually happens during merging), you can check them all on this handy list on the official website.

Either I'm blind or you can'd do it anywhere from the game itself.

Parakeetman

If you're confused like me regarding what each part ability does (usually happens during merging), you can check them all on this handy list on the official website.

Either I'm blind or you can'd do it anywhere from the game itself.

yeah i was wondering the same thing last night. at least there is a list. most stuff can tell what it does till it comes to the more odd ones like spike armor

Just got SSGundam form. Damn this game is dope. I've been just buying the kits and changing out the parts when need be. What a waste of money, but fuck it. I didn't wanna wait for some of the mechs.

Ugh 2 more hours of work, then cleaning my house. THEN I can play this.

Grabbed Jesta spec ops version instantly when I had the money lol. Infinite justice and Altron ew are also on the list of wanna makes.

Parakeetman

Been using the Bounty Hunter mode to gain parts from kits other people made. Managed to net a fair amount of cash too. Helps with practicing all of the attacks on my unit and seeing what works the best with setups. So far am pretty happy with what I got now.

Here is the first match I did against the 2 highest rankers 2 days ago with my fairly unmodified unit. Man was that bad seeing how much damage they could deal out. Used up all of my respawn tickets as you see in the vid to kill both of them. And gives you a good example of what is necessary to kill stupid high lv units like that. Basically juggle the fuck out of them to prevent any sort of counterattack.

Vid is long though so some might get bored.

https://youtu.be/4hd-DE1ZFzY

Other vid is with my most current unit that has been modified a bit. Went after the stronger unit first as since it has Full Armor parts on it, its a pain in the ass to leave it alone at a distance. Then you almost feel sorry for the other unit since it pretty much gets X-men vs. Streetfightered to death.
https://youtu.be/T2B0DcNvPpM

Game is quite technical actually if you learn to chain together your skills properly and build your unit around that. Mine right now is made for gaining life when I rip parts off of units or destroy one. Which is why I have a fair amount of weapons that are good at taking parts off on currently and dishing out a lot of hits to cause parts breaks. Helps with not having to heal as much when in a huge mess of enemies while playing on the harder difficulty.

Okay, incoming slew of questions.

1. What does difficulty change? The drops?
2. When dudes have that yellow shit around them, what do I hit to do the deathblow thing? Is that what that is when I jump towards a dude and smash them?
3. What is plastic, where do I get it, and what is it used for?
4. Do I need plus on my JPN account? This is probably the dumbest question out of the group.

Parakeetman

Learned something new today. In Bounty Hunter Mode, just because your opponent has MG parts does not mean that you obtain MG parts when they drop.

Parts were converted to HG parts as I am using a HG unit.

So just keep that in mind when you decide to pick a MG unit as your opponent. Unless its a rare drop so far not a single drop has been MG. Would imagine I need to progress further in the game to trigger the flag to allow for MG drops from MG units.

Got a vid uploading showing difference in size with HG vs MG in a BHM vs match I had.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emVEKxoLGss&feature=youtu.be

Top Bottom