• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gundam Breaker 3 |OT| - This is my Gunpla There are many like it but this one is mine

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Are there still challenge missions or mode similar to GB2? Most of the YouTube video so far are either story mission or bounty hunter mode.

Game doesnt seem to have that as its just the straight up missions or BHM stuff. And the coop.

squall23

I won't lie, I miss the awesome and cheesy cutscenes from GB2 like 3 units fitting inside a friggin' Orchis pack and then giving a thumbs up before launching into space.

LMN

Game doesnt seem to have that as its just the straight up missions or BHM stuff. And the coop.

I see, thanks for the info, that kinda suck since I really enjoy that in GB2. But then what about the mode that is next to the BHM? I remembered it was mentioned very briefly in PV2.

Parakeetman

I see, thanks for the info, that kinda suck since I really enjoy that in GB2. But then what about the mode that is next to the BHM? I remembered it was mentioned very briefly in PV2.

I think thats fighting against other players. Id have to look at the description again in game to check.

Wait no its not. Never used it before till now.

Seems to be a challenge mode actually. My current challenge is to survive and they threw a bunch of GP02s on the stage lol

So rejoice? I guess lol

I won't lie, I miss the awesome and cheesy cutscenes from GB2 like 3 units fitting inside a friggin' Orchis pack and then giving a thumbs up before launching into space.

Yeah its a bit of a damned shame they went so barebones this time. Since whoever did the writing did a good job with the script as there is some hilarious dialog.

Really think them fucking up with the story in 2 and imagine the reception of it is what damaged them putting a bit more effort into it this time around.

Kinda stupid took them 2 games to figure out how to get the goddamned setting right story wise though...

LMN

I think thats fighting against other players. Id have to look at the description again in game to check.

Wait no its not. Never used it before till now.

Seems to be a challenge mode actually. My current challenge is to survive and they threw a bunch of GP02s on the stage lol

So rejoice? I guess lol

Lol, really glad that it still there, thanks for checking it out. As a breaker fan, the wait for Asian English is killing me right now lol, wanna make my own G-self custom.

Parakeetman

Lol, really glad that it still there, thanks for checking it out. As a breaker fan, the wait for Asian English is killing me right now lol, wanna make my own G-self custom.

You should have a damned good time with the customization since I think they nailed it in this game.

With the Challenge mode stuff seems like you only get GP and no parts are dropped. Just went through full session of it. Not sure how much it actually changes things up. Its nice to see the Gunpla Cafe stage back, minus the weird cast iron cake molds on the side lol

Im sad that the Event MC from 2 didnt make her way back into 3. D: Same with the VA Kayano Ai.

qkDfN61.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXSMF9bEOjE

One thing though is the Challenge mode isnt like how it was in 2 it seems. As it just tosses you into a field then gives out random objectives. Mine were all simple bouncing back between survive and destroy.

LMN

You should have a damned good time with the customization since I think they nailed it in this game.

With the Challenge mode stuff seems like you only get GP and no parts are dropped. Just went through full session of it. Not sure how much it actually changes things up. Its nice to see the Gunpla Cafe stage back, minus the weird cast iron cake molds on the side lol

Im sad that the Event MC from 2 didnt make her way back into 3. D: Same with the VA Kayano Ai.

qkDfN61.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXSMF9bEOjE

One thing though is the Challenge mode isnt like how it was in 2 it seems. As it just tosses you into a field then gives out random objectives. Mine were all simple bouncing back between survive and destroy.

Really weird how they don't give you any part, guess the mode is just for fun I guess. Still glad it still there though. Can't make any judgement on the MC though lol, but she doesn't seem that bad from the official video with the boss fight.
They really step up with the customization on 3, I always took my time in customization in 2, cant imagine how much time I will sink on this one.

Parakeetman

Really weird how they don't give you any part, guess the mode is just for fun I guess. Still glad it still there though. Can't make any judgement on the MC though lol, but she doesn't seem that bad from the official video with the boss fight.
They really step up with the customization on 3, I always took my time in customization in 2, cant imagine how much time I will sink on this one.

The current MC is fine, but she does not have the same sort of presence with how shes used. Since its only some of the still story scenes or the very rare appearance during one of the stages.

Though if you like customization and tinkering, this game will most def keep you busy for a long while. Even more so that you can get a TON of parts early on. Also once you have a unit good enough search for specific parts using the Bounty Hunt Mode.

The largest neck though that slows all of this down is the excessive need of cash. At least if you are constantly doing the BHM you have a decent chance of getting more cash faster than doing the standard missions.

LMN

The current MC is fine, but she does not have the same sort of presence with how shes used. Since its only some of the still story scenes or the very rare appearance during one of the stages.

Though if you like customization and tinkering, this game will most def keep you busy for a long while. Even more so that you can get a TON of parts early on. Also once you have a unit good enough search for specific parts using the Bounty Hunt Mode.

The largest neck though that slows all of this down is the excessive need of cash. At least if you are constantly doing the BHM you have a decent chance of getting more cash faster than doing the standard missions.

Thanks for the tips, I hope that I can transfer my GB2 jp z2 save to GB3 Asian Eng z3, so I can get some extra GP for upgrading my gunpla

Missions are too damn long its really getting to me. I need to level up and just do multiplayer.

Lol, the developer aren't kidding when they said in an interview about planning the game to be played for a long time. I'm sure that I will face with this issue soon, since I prefer playing alone. Hopefully, they will release the patch that re-balance the game a little bit.

Parakeetman

Missions are too damn long its really getting to me. I need to level up and just do multiplayer.

Just you wait till you get near the end missions for Chapter 3. Good times with the core destruction stuff...

Parakeetman

You mean where there are two rounds? Those are even longer than monolith missions :(

I think there were 3 points to destroy lol. And a TON of "player" drop ins. Thankfully this was not one where it was a back and forth with defend then destroy. Then again Im playing on hardcore so might be different for the normal difficulty with the AI player drop ins.

Got a massive amount of good parts though but goddamn took me 37 minutes to clear it lol

One of the best shit for me personally about the game is how I can recall my fin-fannels. The extra constant damage is so useful.

Ive gotten a pretty good hang of switching around / making use of all of my weapons and am glad the UI displays a fair amount of information. Though what would have been a perfect setup for me would have been highly excessive to other players. Imaging playing ACV with the search mode constantly on would be an example mech game folks would understand. As gives me pretty much all the data at once instead of having to switch around things to peek at current charge levels of skills.

While it was nice of them to let me be able to battle suits above my weight, sometimes you can definitely feel it. I spent ten minutes in one of my missions against 3 player suits that would not go down lol.

Came back after a small bit of grinding and fusing parts and whooped them

Parakeetman

Just had a great haul, 2 legendaries for about 8 minutes of work. Previous mission was like 8 purples bunch of blues and greens, though that was around 25 minutes.

Another fine example of hardcore setting not paying off I suppose!
*still processing so expect potato quality.

Its too bad I cant really make use of them yet though. Since want to keep that particular Gatling Gun and the head, well since my head is already a legendary dont plan on combining it with the one I just found. Though "might" do it just to rip off that Gatling damage up and combine it with the Gatling Gun had picked up. Will see how the damage is on that thing. Might out rank my shotguns if I get it to the same level, though am unsure of how efficient it is till I test it out.

Have you noticed a big drop in quality between difficulty settings? I'm wondering if it would even be worth it to drop it to Casual for some missions to cut time for things like the monoliths.

Parakeetman

Have you noticed a big drop in quality between difficulty settings? I'm wondering if it would even be worth it to drop it to Casual for some missions to cut time for things like the monoliths.

If you are looking just to blast through stages to unlock shit in the shop no reason not to. Im just going through on all hardcore just because I dont want to have to waste even more time cleaning out low lv shit that will be useless to me. To give you an idea of how much crap I have some item stock slots are almost full up. Need to clean it out soon. Arms the most for some odd reason.

Then again you could always just sell all the drops at once on the end results screen. Unless you need colored stuff to up ranks of your items.

No idea on how much the quality of items drop. Id imagine its the actual parts level is effected the most along with potential high ranking color drops.

When you start to get to the "teens" with weapons they begin to appear with extra effects on them, fire, ice, elec, poison, extra damage so its really up to you what you are going after.

Since I dont really need things from the shop its why am not bothering rushing through the story and just working on upping my unit.

Shouta

I'm towards the end of Chapter 3 and it's been long when my unit wasn't leveled up properly. I tried a new melee unit and it took forever because of it, lol. I went back to my leveled up suit and did it faster.

The game is definitely built for multi, I think. it feels like the tuning is similar to Diablo 3.

Parakeetman

Is the online going to be segregated between the JPN and Asia version? I didn't consider that until just now.

Id imagine so if the game has DLC and such?

Since most other GAF users besides a handful of us here are waiting for the Asian English localized version do reckon the GAF Build Fighters list will be for the Asian ver users lol

Parakeetman

I'm towards the end of Chapter 3 and it's been long when my unit wasn't leveled up properly. I tried a new melee unit and it took forever because of it, lol. I went back to my leveled up suit and did it faster.

The game is definitely built for multi, I think. it feels like the tuning is similar to Diablo 3.

Yeah was thinking the same thing with how the game is designed. Plus with how payouts are constant too makes for a better experience for all parties involved.

Its weird though how lacking they are in the map department though...since even Chapter 4 is the same stuff for the most part again and again and again.

Odd considering that they recycled some GB2 maps but do not put them to much use at all. Such as the colony stage or the gunpla cafe one.

Since most other GAF users besides a handful of us here are waiting for the Asian English localized version do reckon the GAF Build Fighters list will be for the Asian ver users lol
True, good point. I guess I shouldn't be too worried about it, I barely played GB2 online. Think I only ran the co-op once.

If you are looking just to blast through stages to unlock shit in the shop no reason not to. Im just going through on all hardcore just because I dont want to have to waste even more time cleaning out low lv shit that will be useless to me. To give you an idea of how much crap I have some item stock slots are almost full up. Need to clean it out soon. Arms the most for some odd reason.

Then again you could always just sell all the drops at once on the end results screen. Unless you need colored stuff to up ranks of your items.

No idea on how much the quality of items drop. Id imagine its the actual parts level is effected the most along with potential high ranking color drops.

When you start to get to the "teens" with weapons they begin to appear with extra effects on them, fire, ice, elec, poison, extra damage so its really up to you what you are going after.

Since I dont really need things from the shop its why am not bothering rushing through the story and just working on upping my unit.

I'll continue to keep grinding away on Standard and revert to casual when I hit a roadblock. Thanks.

Also, how do I save presets? I need to make a new mech but I don't wanna lose my current config.

This being my first Gundam Breaker game, and with my not really being able to read Japanese, is there a comprehensive guide out there? Even if it's in Japanese but can be google translated, it's better than nothing.

I pretty much got through my first Super Robot Taisen game thanks to gamefaqs. The basic mechanics are easily figured out just by fiddling with menus and such, but some stuff is not so readily apparent. I feel like it's the same thing here, though maybe a tad simpler.

duckroll

Sell it and wait for the English version next month instead? Seems like a no-brainer. Unless you really can't wait.

mujun

What sort of damage are people doing with their weapons? How many HPs do you have?

I'm near the end of chapter 2 and around level 20. My melee weapon does just under 3000, ranged 1500. Have 120,000 HPs.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
What sort of damage are people doing with their weapons? How many HPs do you have?

I'm near the end of chapter 2 and around level 20. My melee weapon does just under 3000, ranged 1500. Have 120,000 HPs.
I think the screenshot I posted here was taken somewhere in chapter 2.

The current Asian Chinese version that is already out is able to play with the Japanese versions. Tried and tested on both adhoc and online since I imported the game while my buddies bought locally.

That said, they both released on the same day, and thus most likely run on the same DLC and patching schedule (it was this way for GB2). Since the Asian English release comes out a little later I'm not sure if Bandai Namco plans to just instantly release whatever patch and/or DLC to date on their release date to maintain compatibility with the Japanese/Chinese releases, or just put the Asian English users on a different server.

If the community is split between the Japanese/Chinese and English release due to different servers, it kinda sucks for some of us (especially in the Asian region) because our communities locally are split now - some have already bought the Chinese ver coz they can read the text and the non-Chinese readers are holding out till end of April.

Man its disappointing to hear the problems I had with the game has mostly stuck around. But being able to build your own gunpla is too tempting. So I'll be joining you guys with the asian version. :p

Parakeetman

look at the pic i had posted a bit up in the thread. though know that at least 1 million GP was invested in it though lol

The current Asian Chinese version that is already out is able to play with the Japanese versions. Tried and tested on both adhoc and online since I imported the game while my buddies bought locally.

That said, they both released on the same day, and thus most likely run on the same DLC and patching schedule (it was this way for GB2). Since the Asian English release comes out a little later I'm not sure if Bandai Namco plans to just instantly release whatever patch and/or DLC to date on their release date to maintain compatibility with the Japanese/Chinese releases, or just put the Asian English users on a different server.

If the community is split between the Japanese/Chinese and English release due to different servers, it kinda sucks for some of us (especially in the Asian region) because our communities locally are split now - some have already bought the Chinese ver coz they can read the text and the non-Chinese readers are holding out till end of April.

That wouldn't make much sense. You'd have people in hk unable to play with their friends.

I'm definitely thinking of picking this up, imported the first on PS3 and absolutely loved it. But, the most important question is, can I build my own Hyaku Shiki? If there's a list of parts/gundams in the game that I missed I apologize!

I'm definitely thinking of picking this up, imported the first on PS3 and absolutely loved it. But, the most important question is, can I build my own Hyaku Shiki? If there's a list of parts/gundams in the game that I missed I apologize!

Yeah. You can get hyaku shiki parts in chapter 2.

Parakeetman

Yeah, so we are hoping that when the Asian English version releases, the servers won't be split. It's already a concern some of us in SEA have.

It could potentially be split due to being a totally different version and having code the jp and chinese one does not have in it.

we will have to wait and is the only real option unfortunately.

Played a bit more and made it to chapter 2 last night. Got the parts for Arios gundam and was surprised how much I liked it. No transformation but dig it none the less.

Finding it hard to shy away from just making my favorite stock suits. Though I wad pretty satisfied with one I made our of random parts.

Shouta

I did 3-10 (Japan Cup best 16) and man that was actually a long ass mission. 3 different core defenses and I tried to finish it as fast as possible.

I even had the Machinegun skills that gave me multiple Machinegun bits helping me out and it was long, lol.

Parakeetman

I did 3-10 (Japan Cup best 16) and man that was actually a long ass mission. 3 different core defenses and I tried to finish it as fast as possible.

I even had the Machinegun skills that gave me multiple Machinegun bits helping me out and it was long, lol.

lol i see you reached the 30 minute monster too Ψ( ̄∇ ̄)Ψ

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Seeing so many awesome MS screenshots actually makes me want to grab it again, as stupid as it sounds. Maybe change a build to a fist once, since when in red aura it has an attack which makes all parts fly off the enemy so you can use a takedown on it, according to one of the wikis/blogs I've read.

Just got to chapter 3. Been doing a lot of farming, buy I get the feeling I'm not doing it right. What's the best way to break parts off enemies and collect them? I notice I'm killing a lot of enemies without breaking them at all. Is it entirely Stat dependent? Are there specific ex actions and such I should be using? Is it better to use triangle or square? I honestly have no idea.

Edit: currently using the gouf custom heat sword, if that matters.

Parakeetman

Just got to chapter 3. Been doing a lot of farming, buy I get the feeling I'm not doing it right. What's the best way to break parts off enemies and collect them? I notice I'm killing a lot of enemies without breaking them at all. Is it entirely Stat dependent? Are there specific ex actions and such I should be using? Is it better to use triangle or square? I honestly have no idea.

Edit: currently using the gouf custom heat sword, if that matters.

hand to hand martial arts parts is suggested or dual blades.

basically anything that allows you to consistently land consectuive attacks.

if you watch my vids as an example you see parts fly all over the place.

Is there any way to sort your parts list to make it easy to compare and replace stuff you don't want or need? Not playing at the moment to look but I feel like I need to know before I can play again later haha.

Parakeetman

Is there any way to sort your parts list to make it easy to compare and replace stuff you don't want or need? Not playing at the moment to look but I feel like I need to know before I can play again later haha.

Yeah there is a sorting feature that allows you to sort things by 1st, 2nd, 3rd order from various categories

I usually go 1: Name, 2: Rarity 3: Level or something like that forgot what the exact categories are. But allows for all of the stuff to be lined up by name rarity and lv. So I can sell the lower level stuff easier when I get overloaded in the inventory.

Parakeetman

Still on Chapter 4-3 atm. Need to do more BHM runs for cash though as upgrading is getting insanely expensive with my unit now. D:

Also the excessive number of parts you see there, thats after cleaning out stuff mind you...

Top Bottom